Welcome Simeon Jackson

9 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

No speed, no physical  presence,  can t win a ball . not going to get our improving  play goals.

I'd say the only thing he's missing at the moment is , the right type of partner up front. I can't fault his efforts so far, and now 2 goals from 7 games. Will only get better as the team improves. 

I'd say the only thing he's missing at the moment is , the right type of partner up front. I can't fault his efforts so far, and now 2 goals from 7 games. Will only get better as the team improves. 

Never thought I’d hear myself saying this but perhaps , in the absence of anything better , it’s time for Cooke to show what (if anything )he can do.
The partnership with Jackson & Smith , Mullen or Hammil hasn’t exactly set the world alight .
Mind you , that might prompt more “tinkering” moans .

18 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Never thought I’d hear myself saying this but perhaps , in the absence of anything better , it’s time for Cooke to show what (if anything )he can do.
The partnership with Jackson & Smith , Mullen or Hammil hasn’t exactly set the world alight .
Mind you , that might prompt more “tinkering” moans .

If he can turn up the gas, Cooke might do well.  :whistle

• 10 months later...
Guest TPAFKATS
If he signs for them, guess who'll score the winner against us in 3 weeks time. 
Would have taken him back. Definitely better on what we have currently. 
Don't recall anyone being too upset when he left albeit we appreciated his efforts.
I was hoping we'd bring in better to replace him.

There's still a wee bit of hope remaining...

4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Don't recall anyone being too upset when he left albeit we appreciated his efforts.
I was hoping we'd bring in better to replace him.

There's still a wee bit of hope remaining...

I'm definitely not giving up hope on our forwards.  A goal or two can change everything. 

As for Jackson, I wouldn't have got rid of him. Thought he merited another deal, but maybe his wages were too high or those making the decisions didn't fancy him. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

We forgetting that he bagged 5 goals last season? 

He's a good player but not the answer to any goalscoring woes. 

6 in 22 equates to probably double figures over the course of a season. 

20 hours ago, munoz said:

6 in 22 equates to probably double figures over the course of a season. 

I am with you on not having been keen to see Simeon go - I guess it was his wages that were the primary issue. His work rate was excellent and he used his physique well. He could well have done with a tall ball winning striker "of the ilk of Marco van Baston" along side him, and he would have been banging in goals at twice the rate. Playing One up front did not suit him, (and Mullen was not the answer either) but I'd bet he and Obika could make a decent partnership... let's be honest from what we have seen of Morias so far, Simeon would clearly be an improvement.

The other issue for me is that it seems fans think that if we sign a goal scoring striker he will automatically transform our results - of course he will if he is goal scoring for us. But we need to be more creative and offer better support in the final 3rd whether we have another striker or not...

His wages demands might not be so high as he is without a club - sign him up now please - unless we have managed to unearth the next Messi from South America or someone really decent along with more creativity and speed in the middle of the park - along with a fast, great tackling, goal scoring LB.

Guest TPAFKATS
I am with you on not having been keen to see Simeon go - I guess it was his wages that were the primary issue. His work rate was excellent and he used his physique well. He could well have done with a tall ball winning striker "of the ilk of Marco van Baston" along side him, and he would have been banging in goals at twice the rate. Playing One up front did not suit him, (and Mullen was not the answer either) but I'd bet he and Obika could make a decent partnership... let's be honest from what we have seen of Morias so far, Simeon would clearly be an improvement.
The other issue for me is that it seems fans think that if we sign a goal scoring striker he will automatically transform our results - of course he will if he is goal scoring for us. But we need to be more creative and offer better support in the final 3rd whether we have another striker or not...
His wages demands might not be so high as he is without a club - sign him up now please - unless we have managed to unearth the next Messi from South America or someone really decent along with more creativity and speed in the middle of the park - along with a fast, great tackling, goal scoring LB.
Are you suggesting that obika could be similar to van Basten???

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

It is a possibility, with one small caveat.

We've yet to see Obika receive any service which might permit him to show off his prowess at nodding the ba' doon tae wee Simeon (or Morias…)

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Now that would be a huge leap, but thanks for the giggle anyway .  .  .   :lol

No but Obika would also benefit from a Jackson like player I suspect.

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

It is a possibility, with one small caveat.

We've yet to see Obika receive any service which might permit him to show off his prowess at nodding the ba' doon tae wee Simeon (or Morias…)

This is the reality - their is video footage of him scoring headed goals when he attacks decent crosses - has he had any decent crosses to attack with us though???