Am I out of order

TPAFKA Jersey 2

Happy to be told I’m talking shite but....

My father in law passed away on Tuesday at an all too early age. 

He is an ex Morton player and I emailed the club on Wednesday advising them and asking if they would mind putting a wee tribute on their website.

2 days later, not even a response. 

On the contrary in his later years he played for Larkhall Thistle who were quick to post a lovely wee tribute. 

Rude soapdodging caaants I say, but I’m bias. What do you say?

32 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Whether you are out of order or not completely depends on the truthful reason as to why you are annoyed.

Ha Ha.A classic Oaksoft challenging response.

Ok....I’m annoyed for a couple of reasons.

I work for a large financial institution and I’m client facing. If I received an email from one of my clients and didn’t respond within 48 hours with at the very least some sort of acknowledgement, I’d seriously not be doing my job properly. The only difference is that the email I’d have received would have been some boring inconsequential shite, but I’d still have responded. Swap large financial institution for piss ant, no mark football team which probably has email traffic on a daily basis of a pretty light volume, I feel like I could have expected a response within 48 hours.

But mainly I’m just annoyed because my father in law who I loved has died.

9 minutes ago, shull said:

You could leave a message/comment on the Morton Forum.

Somebody may remember him.

http://themortonforum.com/forum/

Appreciate the suggestion Shull, but nah I wouldn’t go to those levels. If the club aren’t interested that’s fine. I just thought it would be a nice wee touch, but it’s not the end of the world. I guess.

44 minutes ago, shull said:

I was asking a question.

Was it 14 ?

Yeah I don’t know mate, I was asking where you got the info from? I’d be interested to know. 

I don’t know , I suppose I understood your point as being if he only played 14 games, that why they haven’t responded, which I would say is bollocks. A simple statement on a website costs nothing, let alone a response to an effin email. Maybe I misunderstood you. I’ve had a couple of drinks.

Yeah I don’t know mate, I was asking where you got the info from? I’d be interested to know. 
I don’t know , I suppose I understood your point as being if he only played 14 games, that why they haven’t responded, which I would say is bollocks. A simple statement on a website costs nothing, let alone a response to an effin email. Maybe I misunderstood you. I’ve had a couple of drinks.

Here’s his Morton record

http://www.fitbastats.com/morton/player.php?playerid=425

Again, thoughts to you all if you don’t mind me saying, cheers

2 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Here’s his Morton record

http://www.fitbastats.com/morton/player.php?playerid=425

Again, thoughts to you all if you don’t mind me saying, cheers

Thanks mate. Really appreciate the kind thoughts as well as the info.

Shitty time for all concerned but the point of this thread obviously wasn’t to seek sympathy (shit happens regularly), it was more just to express my annoyance at Morton for ignoring my email and to seek views as to whether I was overreacting just because it’ an upsetting time.  And nothing to do with the fact it was Morton. Could’ve been any club. I guess I’m just coming from the premise that manners cost nothing. Not even really about Davie.

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ha Ha.A classic Oaksoft challenging response.

Ok....I’m annoyed for a couple of reasons.

I work for a large financial institution and I’m client facing. If I received an email from one of my clients and didn’t respond within 48 hours with at the very least some sort of acknowledgement, I’d seriously not be doing my job properly. The only difference is that the email I’d have received would have been some boring inconsequential shite, but I’d still have responded. Swap large financial institution for piss ant, no mark football team which probably has email traffic on a daily basis of a pretty light volume, I feel like I could have expected a response within 48 hours.

But mainly I’m just annoyed because my father in law who I loved has died.

You know me. I can't stop Oaksofting. :D

You are not a client of Morton, that is the difference.

You made a decent gesture letting them know. The rest is out of yours hands but you did your bit and I'm sure he would have been grateful for you doing that regardless of the outcome. I would have thought they would have acknowledged your email at least.

35 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You know me. I can't stop Oaksofting. :D

You are not a client of Morton, that is the difference.

You made a decent gesture letting them know. The rest is out of yours hands but you did your bit and I'm sure he would have been grateful for you doing that regardless of the outcome. I would have thought they would have acknowledged your email at least.

Ha Ha. Cheers mate.

The wee man had some belting tales. Leaving Terry Cooper on his arse several times during a pre season friendly against Leeds Utd and telling him that if he was the best left back England had, then they must be in a bit of trouble. I loved that.

He also trained with St. Mirren before signing for Morton and had very nice words to say about the St. Mirren squad In the late 60s, especially Denis Connaghan.

The reason he played so few games with Morton is because he was taken down to Huddersfield for a trial and was offered a contract. However he decided against moving his wife and one year old daughter (my wife) down to England at that time. He decided (given there was no money in football then) to go back to the tools and made a fine career as a pump engineer. However, not before letting Frank Worthington take him out on the lash. Davie said Frank was an absolute class act and treated him brilliantly. I didn’t miss the opportunity to tell Davie that a Frank Worthington inspired Bolton Wanderers got gubbed off the Murn. 

God bless ye wee man.