Sign in to follow this  
Isle Of Bute Saint

Stevie Mallan

Actually what pleases me most is that he obviously sees past the struggles that characterized much of his period here and focuses on the final4/5 months of his tenure!

Incredible to think he made one posters Worst 5 Saints list. :rolleyes:

If he & his dad are reading. :thumbsup

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

In the press today saying he won't celebrate if he scores , St Mirren is too close to his heart. Not many players say that when they leave a club like ours . What a star. 

Let's just hope he doesn't need to make that decision.

Massive talent and one of the best free kick takers we’ve ever had. Remember walking out of Tanadice and Stevie had been slated by quite a few on here for his performance, but I overheard 2 Utd fans raving about him. Sometimes you don’t fully appreciate what you’ve had until it’s gone. Stevie wasn’t always on fire, but won us lot of games with bits of brilliance. Gifted footballer and seems a good lad too. Nice to see him doing well, but hopefully he has a quiet game today. I’m sure he’ll get a good reception either way.

Only got in just before kickoff. Did he get any reception from saints fans in warm up?
Dunno but I heard a couple of folk booing him over in West stand, first time the flow of the game took him over there.
Thought that was a bit off.

8 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Dunno but I heard a couple of folk booing him over in West stand, first time the flow of the game took him over there.

Think that was in response to a couple of "heavy challenges"?

I'm sure had he been subbed off he would have got a standing ovation.

9 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

All I heard was applause when he went to take a corner at he Family stand/West stand area.

Think that was in response to a couple of "heavy challenges"?

I'm sure had he been subbed off he would have got a standing ovation.

Not from me, dosent play for my team. Why applaud someone who is trying to beat your team?

9 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Spoke to a Hibs fan after the game asked what he thought of Mallan. Not too impressed he said he only offers a good free kick :blink: 

A bit better than that but his corner right on to the head of David Gray was pinpoint accurate.