Sam Jamieson

shull

5 minutes ago, johnmeiksy said:

Couldn’t make the game today as I’m abroad on holiday but this lad seems to be promising by all accounts, where did we get him or is he from our academy?

A product of Rangers' youth program I think. Reminds me a little of Reilly never giving the defenders a minutes peace  but with a little more aggression.

37 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I loved his energy and controlled agression. Hibs players knew they were in a game when he clattered into them.

Very hopeful. We need an enforcer.

He certainly added to the muscles to the team that we were lacking.  Even Malan looked stronger than a lot of our players.

Based purely on the evidence of today's brief appearance I am surprised that Sam hasn't been in the mix before now.

He snapped at Hibs players heels like a nippy wee terrier. Just the level of aggression that we have been missing thus far this season.

Potentially a future game starter IMO.

Guest TPAFKATS
He certainly added to the muscles to the team that we were lacking.  Even Malan looked stronger than a lot of our players.
"wee Stevie Mallan" bulked up a fair bit during his time in Yorkshire though

Sam must know this is his chance. 

Cooke is not rated enough to get his chance, NBM presumably the same (unless he had another knock yesterday), and Mullen is out for a few weeks.

Now is that lad's shout at the big time. He could really stake a claim.

Edited by djchapsticks

11 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
13 hours ago, renfrew said:

"wee Stevie Mallan" bulked up a fair bit during his time in Yorkshire though

Must have been the Sunday puddings that done it   :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...
Guest TPAFKATS
Another of our academy boys not given a proper chance,no way is Jackson any better
I've only seen Sam in first team as a sub for about 15 minutes against hibs. Has he had much more game time for first team?

9 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
18 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:
Another of our academy boys not given a proper chance,no way is Jackson any better

I've only seen Sam in first team as a sub for about 15 minutes against hibs. Has he had much more game time for first team?

Nope , so pretty hard to judge who he's better than.

19 hours ago, pod said:

Me thinks, management better judge of that.

The point is Jamieson was in a sense not one of our academy boys - we picked him up from Sevco and not too long ago.

Given that Mullen and Cooke seem to be fit once more and we have both Jackson and Nazon playing the main striker role, it seems that this is an astute move by management letting him go out to play at a higher level than the U21's. He is unlikely to get much 1st team game time for us during the rest of the season.

Brechin may pay part of his wages too. Finally, if we need to, we will recall him. So long as he does not get injured this is a great decision all round. :happyclapper

He will be back stronger and better for next season.

20 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

You’re either a wind up or just thick.

Simeon Jackson, who has played for the likes of Norwich, Blackburn and Barnsley, and has 5 goals for us this season (top scorer) is worse than Sam Jamieson, someone who’s played 15 minutes in the Premier League, and was so in demand from clubs all across Scotland that he’s ended up at Brechin.

In time hopefully Jamieson will be a key player for us. But right now, I think I’ll trust Kearney and Nicholl on this over yourself.