St. Mirren Colts v Queens Park Challenge Cup

St.Ricky

Just now, HSS said:

As much as I agree Colts shouldn't be in the Cup,I disagree about Premier teams being in it.This is a tournament for lower league clubs and should stay that way.

HSS.  What if.. In doing so we took the opportunity to expand the top league?

These extra games would help make up for any fall through playing only two games each against others. 

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

HSS.  What if.. In doing so we took the opportunity to expand the top league?

These extra games would help make up for any fall through playing only two games each against others. 

There is no way the top league will ever only play each other twice.The ugly sisters wouldn't stand for it.

It is a Match where there is no money to be made. 

Make Season Tickets valid for both sets of fans. 

Get a crowd in to give good support to the youngsters on show. 

Take the wee hit for the good of the game. 

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

Where are they really that big

Here and Norn Iron and even there Liverpool and Man Utd are taking a hold

Don't believe the Daily Record and Radio Clyde biggest club game in the world line

They really are bigger than we think locally,  not smaller.  True.. their relative lack of exposure through Sky in particular compared to clubs in England such as the ones you mention and in Spain have meant that others have made huge progress.  I have travelled widely as a result of my job and everywhere I went people would mention these two teams.  Looking just at the USA Scots and Irish (mainly NI) have had 33 Presidents with Celtic roots.  There is a large diaspora in North America, Australia and South Africa.  Do I think it's the biggest Club game in the world... No.  Real Madrid v Atletico or Barcelona,  Fenerbace v Galatasary are only two of a list which rival or exceed the interest generated. 

Biggest Club game is irrelevant. 

I would watch St Mirren before any other match worldwide. 

Those two are the biggest in Scotland. 

Means nothing, they are Cnuts who disgrace our Country. 

11 minutes ago, shull said:

Biggest Club game is irrelevant. 

I would watch St Mirren before any other match worldwide. 

Those two are the biggest in Scotland. 

Means nothing, they are Cnuts who disgrace our Country. 

As you know,  I would watch Saints first,  anytime. 

16 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

They really are bigger than we think locally,  not smaller.  True.. their relative lack of exposure through Sky in particular compared to clubs in England such as the ones you mention and in Spain have meant that others have made huge progress.  I have travelled widely as a result of my job and everywhere I went people would mention these two teams.  Looking just at the USA Scots and Irish (mainly NI) have had 33 Presidents with Celtic roots.  There is a large diaspora in North America, Australia and South Africa.  Do I think it's the biggest Club game in the world... No.  Real Madrid v Atletico or Barcelona,  Fenerbace v Galatasary are only two of a list which rival or exceed the interest generated. 

Same as my travel experience everywhere I went as so as the found out your Scottish it's the old firm and braveheart that was mentioned.  

17 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Some fans are always wanting to know about the young players 

Not at £10 and £5 we're not. This should be on the Season Books as presently we get absolutely nothing.

Shocking pricing structure for a game that will have a lower turn out than one down the racecourse on Saturday afternoon.

Edited by Spam_Valley

17 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Some fans are always wanting to know about the young players but can't attend the reserve games. So this is a great chance to go and support them and see how their getting on. Coys

I'm with you on this.  A rare chance to see our reserve/colts team in action at 3pm on a Saturday.  COYS

20 hours ago, shull said:

It is a Match where there is no money to be made. 

Make Season Tickets valid for both sets of fans. 

Get a crowd in to give good support to the youngsters on show. 

Take the wee hit for the good of the game. 

In a perfect world perhaps but I knew these games weren't on my season ticket when I bought it so can have no complaint. 

If the club did this,  then I would applaud then but at 5 quid for an oldie like me to get in then that's a good buy. 

My petrol will cost me 15 quid or more for travel. 

34 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

I must say I do agree with the fans who say it's to pricey to get in. £10 for a reserve game is a bit to much. A fiver for adults and kids free would have been better.

I like this suggestion and the one Shull put forward but the Opposition are not a Reserve Side so I guess the pricing has been set across the board for all teams SPS

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

I went to the Saints Colts v Accies Colts game,

£10 for me, £5 for my dad.

3-2 Saints win, 90 minutes of very enjoyable football.

Got to shake hands with Oran Kearny at half time, and see the game from a cushioned seat in the main stand.

Bargain.

I'm with you on this.  

Prices were set for all teams not just colt teams.