St. Mirren Colts v Queens Park Challenge Cup

St.Ricky

I'm with you on this.  

Prices were set for all teams not just colt teams. 

Again with this complete fallacy, £10/£5 is a recommended minimum. There are no "set" prices.

Hearts and Ross County agreed on £5/£1 for the game between Hearts Colts and RC. Liivingston allowed free admission to their replayed game. In contrast Alloa charged £17 for their 1st round game.

Over a month ago I tweeted both clubs to consider agreeing to £5/£1, postulating those prices could draw a crowd of excess of 1500 instead of the 300 who attended the last game.

That was ignored.

3 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Again with this complete fallacy, £10/£5 is a recommended minimum.

Hearts and Ross County agreed on £5/£1 for the game between Hearts Colts and RC. Liivingston allowed free admission to their replayed game.

Over a month ago I tweeted both clubs to consider agreeing to £5/£1, postulating those prices could draw a crowd of excess of 1500 instead of the 300 who attended the last game.

That was ignored.

The charges are reasonable in my opinion.  But if it was free,  why would I object?

11 minutes ago, HSS said:

Going by Saints Fans I have spoken to this week there could be more QP fans than us.

It's a difficult one for many HSS.  I can see that,  but for me it is a no brainer..it is a competitive fixture for a national trophy and a chance to see the Reserves/Colts play at a time and day when I am able to go and see them.  My petrol will cost 3 times the cost of Admission to the ground.  I'd like to see us go through and with the "Big" team having struggled against Queens Park (I was there) it will be very interesting to se  how we do.  Others clearly take a different view and I can't tell them they are wrong. 

I'm going to head along.

As folk have pointed it gives me a chance to see some of the youngsters are like.

I never seem to get to see any of the reserve games these days but used to enjoy going along and seeing who stands out as a potential star.

Today's opposition are no mugs so will be good to see how we fair.

Has there been any mention of the game being in doubt?

Will the 1877 club be open to all today or will it just not open at all?