St. Mirren Colts v Queens Park Challenge Cup

St.Ricky

8 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

^^^^ verge of tears! emoji1.png

Read the rules you fud!

:1eye

It always makes me laugh how some fannies on here presume to know how another person is feeling when they make a post. It’s usually the thing they say when they’ve lost a debate.

For clarity, the only emotion coursing through me when I made that post was a sort of glowing smugness. The only tears I’m likely to shed on your behalf are tears of laughter at what an immature tool you are.

Mcshane played the full 90 minutes today. In to help the youngsters. Came on as a sub at aberdeen so chance of getting in the first team squad. Never tried a leg gave away a penalty and just  laughed. Should be His last appearance in a saints jersey in
He reminds me of Graham Carey (obviously without the left peg) when I used to go and watch the u21's years ago.

Today quality wise he was streets ahead of the opposition, but there seems to be something lacking in his effort/application/attitude.

I looked up and saw Stephen McGinn watching him and thought this time last year the two of them were standing shoulder to shoulder as we were storming the championship. What has happened to him since?

I was a massive fan of him last season and felt we were a more exciting team with him in it than we were with Ryan Flynn but sadly I don't really feel he impressed the way i hoped he could today. I would be wanting him to grab the game by the scruff of the next and really make a difference.

Well done the youngsters thought they were excellent. But they were let down by experienced professionals in Kirkpatrick and McShane terrible display by them. But young Wilson in goal is a talented young keeper. Potter and McBrearty at the back were good. But the 2 outstanding players on the park were Glover and Breadner outstanding young players. Breadner especially is quick and has an eye for goal. Glover is the engine room non stop motion. For me one or both could get a game in our midfield now. But to be fair that wouldn't hard. Good game.

Good to hear. Both 17 I think. Lots of development yet still hopefully.

18 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

^^^^ verge of tears! emoji1.png

Read the rules you fud!

:1eye

Anyway, back on (your) topic, when you look on the SPFL website at the rules, when you click on the link to the rules for the 2018/19 tournament, I notice that the rule document itself makes no reference what so ever to the season in question. The BBC article suggested there had been a change to the rules for this year and it would not surprise me in the slightest if the SPFL just hadn’t bothered updating the document and just copied over last seasons rules. That would be entirely typical of their incompetence.

ANYWAY....Regardless of all of that the point the original poster was making (I cannae even remember who it was) was that there were no Stubbs signings in the Colts team today. Every player in the entire squad (never mind just Stubbs signings) is allowed to play for the colts. Setting the age limits aside, I think the point being made is that if any Stubbs signings were being considered on the fringes, it’s reasonable to assume they might get a run out for the colts, even if it was as an overage player.

3 hours ago, Hambud said:

Was at the match. I thought the youngsters did well until fitness/stamina/strength/ experience made the difference.

I was impressed by the youngsters. Breadner looked like a good wee player and the two CH'S looked strong.

I think once we tired our QP got their tails up.

Spot on Hambud 

14 hours ago, Hambud said:

He reminds me of Graham Carey (obviously without the left peg) when I used to go and watch the u21's years ago.

Today quality wise he was streets ahead of the opposition, but there seems to be something lacking in his effort/application/attitude.

I looked up and saw Stephen McGinn watching him and thought this time last year the two of them were standing shoulder to shoulder as we were storming the championship. What has happened to him since?

I was a massive fan of him last season and felt we were a more exciting team with him in it than we were with Ryan Flynn but sadly I don't really feel he impressed the way i hoped he could today. I would be wanting him to grab the game by the scruff of the next and really make a difference.

I think McShane getting a run out yesterday was Oran having one last look at him to see if he could get a player and performances out of him. And it sounds like in you're and others assessment that he has blown it and may be ditched?

he is a frustrating player because he is a natural ball magnet, it just comes to him, players are happy to play it to him, he takes up a good position just in front of oppostion midfield and gets probably the most ball of all the team. Then as you say his lack of urgency, purpose attack and attitude see him continually passing it sideways, or back.

he can play a very good ball, but he so seldom takes the responsibility to thread a pass through, dink it over into space, or god forbid take on a shooting opportunity with real intent. Why? God only knows, i am sure managers and coaches send him out fired up, saying use your skill, express yourself, hurt the opposition. McShane must have a different version of what that entails going on in his head, as it seldom manifests itself as a driven player when he is in possession.

frustrating as hell, bit he has had his chances. Ross gave him every opportunity before dropping him, and it looks like Oran has done the same now. Be surprised, even given our injury situation if he even makesvthe bench next Saturday.

I think McShane getting a run out yesterday was Oran having one last look at him to see if he could get a player and performances out of him. And it sounds like in you're and others assessment that he has blown it and may be ditched?
he is a frustrating player because he is a natural ball magnet, it just comes to him, players are happy to play it to him, he takes up a good position just in front of oppostion midfield and gets probably the most ball of all the team. Then as you say his lack of urgency, purpose attack and attitude see him continually passing it sideways, or back.
he can play a very good ball, but he so seldom takes the responsibility to thread a pass through, dink it over into space, or god forbid take on a shooting opportunity with real intent. Why? God only knows, i am sure managers and coaches send him out fired up, saying use your skill, express yourself, hurt the opposition. McShane must have a different version of what that entails going on in his head, as it seldom manifests itself as a driven player when he is in possession.
frustrating as hell, bit he has had his chances. Ross gave him every opportunity before dropping him, and it looks like Oran has done the same now. Be surprised, even given our injury situation if he even makesvthe bench next Saturday.
Good player but only for the championship. Not good enough for the SPL. Kirkpatrick is another one that brings nothing to the club. I'm sure they will be gone in January.