Welcome Adam Hammill

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

I would suggest, given his continuing run of poor form that Cammy Smith would be the most likely to lose his starting place.

Oh FFS.

Welcome Adam, hope we extend as don't want him to leave in January to a rival, by the sound of things he's going to be a cracking signing.

So, in just over two weeks OK has seen our problem areas and addressed them all by signing experienced players? Just wish he had got the gig in the summer.

4 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Coulson I would have thought 

Hmm, he didnt start saturday anyway, and plays much further back. I could see Oran changing our attack formation using Jackson, with Hammill playing just off him, and support from midfield, which could include Coulson.

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Oh FFS.

Welcome Adam, hope we extend as don't want him to leave in January to a rival, by the sound of things he's going to be a cracking signing.

So, in just over two weeks OK has seen our problem areas and addressed them all by signing experienced players? Just wish he had got the gig in the summer.

You think Smith deserves to keep his starting place? If Hammill is fit, he'll be in, as will Jackson. Someone up front will be benched, not many other options, in fact there's none!

19 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

What difference does that make?

I wondered if it had happened recently and might explain why he was without a club for a few months and has opted for a change of scene.

Evidently not.

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

He could play on the left wing with one of the midfielders dropped, eg Macpherson.

Would love it to happen, but Oran is never going to start with three up front.  Hammill and Jackson score goals, they'll be given latitude to mix it up and terrorise defences. Something we havent yet achieved in the league.

no way those two have been signed to warm the bench for players not currently on form.

Another decent signing, starting to build a team now. Hope the Stubbs appointment hasn’t hamstrung us this season. 

Early doors yet , long way to go. We’ve got to try & get results against teams round about us & hopefully signings like this will help.

Not intending to dampen the spirits on this one but my Barnsley supporting mate whined about Hammill most weeks and was pleased he left :lol:

Often described him as an individual trying to do it all by himself instead of working as part of a team.

Whatever the case, welcome Adam and hopefully you prove my mate wrong!

3 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Not intending to dampen the spirits on this one but my Barnsley supporting mate whined about Hammill most weeks and was pleased he left :lol:

Often described him as an individual trying to do it all by himself instead of working as part of a team.

Whatever the case, welcome Adam and hopefully you prove my mate wrong!

Boo boy.................seemingly not allowed to go against the current euphoric posts.

3 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Hoping Cammy Smith and Adam Hamill can both play wide of Simeon Jackson ,with Edwards , McGinn and Flynn in midfield . Magennis and Mullin when fit will add competition for places , looks like we have a chance in this relegation battle .

That would leave us light in midfield, an area we just havent got to grips with this season, compared to last. Anyway we'll when Saturday comes. I could see, Jackson, Hammill just off him with McPherson getting forward to support. Oran seems to value the youngster.

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Its just 1 up front, Jackson, with Hamill playing wide left and Smith behind the striker.

Again... you can call it like that, but that leaves us one light in midfield, a position Smith spat the dummy out at when Stubbs moved him back there. We aint going to play with three up, Aberdeen would slaughter us! Especially if Magennis isnt back.

56 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hmm, he didnt start saturday anyway, and plays much further back. I could see Oran changing our attack formation using Jackson, with Hammill playing just off him, and support from midfield, which could include Coulson.

You think Smith deserves to keep his starting place? If Hammill is fit, he'll be in, as will Jackson. Someone up front will be benched, not many other options, in fact there's none!

We'll play 4-2-3-1, probably Edwards place is more at risk than Smith I would say.

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

We'll play 4-2-3-1, probably Edwards place is more at risk than Smith I would say.

But yet again thats going one light in midfield! Oran is simply not going to do that against Aberdeen, or any team in this league from the off. It would be suicide.

i if hink a few buds are going to have to come to terms with Smith's poor form, getting subbed, and likely losing his starting place now. We have signed better players from a much higher level, they will be played!

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

But yet again thats going one light in midfield! Oran is simply not going to do that against Aberdeen, or any team in this league from the off. It would be suicide.

i if hink a few buds are going to have to come to terms with Smith's poor form, getting subbed, and likely losing his starting place now. We have signed better players from a much higher level, they will be played!

You could well be right re Smith being the one dropped.

Another option is Hamill wide left of a midfield 5 at Pittodrie with Edwards & Macpherson both retained and Smith dropped.