Welcome Adam Hammill

8 hours ago, Knightswoodsaint said:

So what’s your pint it happened way back then yet you still want to beat him with a brush shall we do the same with Ronaldo and the recent claim have you never done something whilst under the influence that you would rather not have 

That sounds quite disturbing surly with alcohol or not a wrong is a wrong have you not got a sister, daughter, wife ? 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

That sounds quite disturbing surly with alcohol or not a wrong is a wrong have you not got a sister, daughter, wife ? 

This really does my f**king head in.

"As a father I now understand its wrong to abuse women...."

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

This really does my f**king head in.

"As a father I now understand its wrong to abuse women...."

Are you for  seriously. Of course it's unacceptable under any circumstances. Was trying to bring it a bit closer to home .  Go have a coffee and clear your f**king mind. 

20 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Are you for  seriously. Of course it's unacceptable under any circumstances. Was trying to bring it a bit closer to home .  Go have a coffee and clear your f**king mind. 

It's not acceptable no but one drunken mistake six years ago shouldn't define a person. Sounds like he's learned his lesson from that and has went on to really screw the nut. I'm sure he regrets it big time . Reading the stories on it, it sounds like the altercation happened when they were trying to get him in a wheelchair and was a flurry. Doesn't sound like he physically tried to hit or punch the woman, doesn't even sound like he was aware enough to know they were woman trying to help him. I'm not saying it's okay but like I say, he deserves (and has) to move his life on. 

9 hours ago, Knightswoodsaint said:

So what’s your pint it happened way back then yet you still want to beat him with a brush shall we do the same with Ronaldo and the recent claim have you never done something whilst under the influence that you would rather not have 

I would like to apologise for any offence caused and retract the above comment I’m not exactly sure what I was trying to say. I never have and never would abuse a woman  and certainly do not condone it in any shape or form. If I knew how to delete the aforementioned comment I would. Again apapologies to all on the forum 

4 minutes ago, Knightswoodsaint said:

I would like to apologise for any offence caused and retract the above comment I’m not exactly sure what I was trying to say. I never have and never would abuse a woman  and certainly do not condone it in any shape or form. If I knew how to delete the aforementioned comment I would. Again apapologies to all on the forum 

You can go back and edit it, delete the whole thing and anyone who has quoted it, could, if they wish, do the same.

PS Don't worry about it, it'll be yesterdays news soon enough. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, Knightswoodsaint said:

I have no idea what you were trying to say either but I'll take you at your word that you didn't mean what you posted and delete your comments from when I quoted you.

Fair play.

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Sorry, IOBS, I've misread your post. My apologies. I see what you were trying to say to him.

Still does my head in that some men seem to need to think of their own sister before certain behaviour becomes unacceptable.

"beyond our ken" - you can get back down off your soapbox.

None of this has anything do to with Adam Hamill, hope the guy has a great season ahead with us.

15 hours ago, JM1 said:

Are people excited about this signing or not?

Just so I know what the correct contrarian viewpoint to have is.

I suspect the vast majority are excited - I know I am very hopeful that Adam Hammill will be a better option than we currently have.

The issue for me is about the video's which show all his great bits of play...  Remember Pal Felje. On His dvd he was pinging the ball about perfectly, great in the air and always winning tackles.

I know he did not get much of a chance with us, but I suspect that he was not as good as it appeared in his dvd. The reason for this is it is not the full reality. It only shows the good stuff.

So Adam is unlikely to be a superstar for 90 minutes every week, scoring or setting up goals every time he touches the ball. I think to be realistic and fair to him, the fans need to realise this OR they will be disappointed.

I do think we will now have a greater goal threat, so that can only be a good thing - right?

36 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I suspect the vast majority are excited - I know I am very hopeful that Adam Hammill will be a better option than we currently have.

The issue for me is about the video's which show all his great bits of play...  Remember Pal Felje. On His dvd he was pinging the ball about perfectly, great in the air and always winning tackles.

I know he did not get much of a chance with us, but I suspect that he was not as good as it appeared in his dvd. The reason for this is it is not the full reality. It only shows the good stuff.

So Adam is unlikely to be a superstar for 90 minutes every week, scoring or setting up goals every time he touches the ball. I think to be realistic and fair to him, the fans need to realise this OR they will be disappointed.

I do think we will now have a greater goal threat, so that can only be a good thing - right?

Pal Fjelde wasn't doing it in the English Championship.

If anyone has any doubt about how the Barnsley fans rate Adam then check out the official St Mirren Twitter feed full of messages praising him and wishing him good luck and wishing he was still playing with them. 

Edited by Sonny

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

FFS, not allowed to ask a reasonable question?

Quote me where I constantly, or ever, do this? 

Gies a fecking brek. 

It is a reasonable question, Hamill knows the answer to that. He was without doubt a star with Barnsley, however they got relegated he got freed. In saying all that Barnsley never played Mallan, proving they are fannies.

Whatever , he has about 15 games to show his worth ...... I think he could be a great signing

9 minutes ago, Sonny said:

If anyone has any doubt about how the Barnsley fans rate Adam then check out the official St Mirren Twitter feed full of messages praising him and wishing him good luck and wishing he was still playing in the Championship with them. 

I bet Barnsley also wish they playing in the Championship. They are in League One :wacko: