Welcome Adam Hammill

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye..........

I'm sure, as I'll see him, if he plays this Saturday, I'll make my "judgement" before you do.

TBH you could see him 20 times and still call it wrong. :lol:

Fair play to faraway he might only go to one game a season but considering he lives over 100 miles away from Paisley he's got a better track record than most of the Paisley residents. I'll wave to you on Saturday from the cheap seats Faraway.

Anyway. There's been a fair bit of  attention on this thread about the failings of Adam Hammill which excite certain posters more than his ability to do a job for the team.

From my point of view, having the prospect of a long Journey on Saturday to support the team, I'm happy about the possibility Hammill will give me something positive to shout about and give us something more exciting to watch than the pish Faraway and I were subjected when Alan Stubbs  took the team to Pittodrie  for the Betfred cup.

So guys try not to piss on the parade till after the match. The prospect of travelling up there to get humped didn't fill me with enthusiasm but Oran and his signings are giving us some hope so let's reserve judgement, until we've seen them in action. I'd like to see  Jamieson gets  some game time too.

I'm quite looking forward to the trip now

Welcome to the Saints Adam Hammill

14 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Fair play to faraway he might only go to one game a season but considering he lives over 100 miles away from Paisley he's got a better track record than most of the Paisley residents. I'll wave to you on Saturday from the cheap seats Faraway.

This'll be my 2nd game ALREADY this season. :clapping

Supporter of the season award coming my way? :wink:

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Anyway. There's been a fair bit of  attention on this thread about the failings of Adam Hammill which excite certain posters more than his ability to do a job for the team.

From my point of view, having the prospect of a long Journey on Saturday to support the team, I'm happy about the possibility Hammill will give me something positive to shout about and give us something more exciting to watch than the pish Faraway and I were subjected when Alan Stubbs  took the team to Pittodrie  for the Betfred cup.

So guys try not to piss on the parade till after the match. The prospect of travelling up there to get humped didn't fill me with enthusiasm but Oran and his signings are giving us some hope so let's reserve judgement, until we've seen them in action. I'd like to see  Jamieson gets  some game time too.

I'm quite looking forward to the trip now

Welcome to the Saints Adam Hammill

Enjoy the game.  

Note: F Man has made a public declaration on here that he doesn't / won't be going to home games.... Hence the ribbing. 

But.... Since I won't be in Aberdeen for the game, I look forward to reading what those of you have attended have to say and that includes the FMan and your good self. 

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I asked a very straightforward question and was seen as some sort of gloom merchant.

There's a tendency on here for an initial view to be seen as the only one worth anything and if you go against that you're some sort of turncoat.

Aye, we all hope he turns out to be a good signing, I'm just going to wait and see before I make up my mind.

Me bad. 

I read a really good summary of someone who withdrew from a social media page / forum as a considerable number of people castigated him for his pretty reasonable opinion, which in truth wasn't that provocative or outlandish, but sufficient to get a number of people really 'hot under the collar'.

He described it as follows: "It is impossible to wrestle with chimney sweeps and stay clean, so I shan’t bother"

I have previously said, and been criticised for saying, that the opportunity for debate hasn't improved with the internet, it has become a battleground of over-opinionated personalities. The writer went on to say: "What I find most disconcerting of all, though, is the way in which debate, however reasonable it may be, is getting more and more difficult if you have an alternative point of view. Any casual observer of the political scene will know what I’m talking about. If someone disagrees with what you say they will shout and harangue you. They will resort to abuse and to invective. Over the last 5 to 10 years there has been a noticeable breakdown in civility in this arena. There are many reasons for this, which are too long and too numerous to outline here. Suffice it to say that I find it depressing."

I suppose you could well apply this to many of the topics on B&W! 

P.S. - I find it very strange sometimes when a post takes a completely different direction and entertains a series of posts completely unrelated to the core subject; e.g. "Welcome Adam Hammill" :wacko:

10 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

I read a really good summary of someone who withdrew from a social media page / forum as a considerable number of people castigated him for his pretty reasonable opinion, which in truth wasn't that provocative or outlandish, but sufficient to get a number of people really 'hot under the collar'.

He described it as follows: "It is impossible to wrestle with chimney sweeps and stay clean, so I shan’t bother"

I have previously said, and been criticised for saying, that the opportunity for debate hasn't improved with the internet, it has become a battleground of over-opinionated personalities. The writer went on to say: "What I find most disconcerting of all, though, is the way in which debate, however reasonable it may be, is getting more and more difficult if you have an alternative point of view. Any casual observer of the political scene will know what I’m talking about. If someone disagrees with what you say they will shout and harangue you. They will resort to abuse and to invective. Over the last 5 to 10 years there has been a noticeable breakdown in civility in this arena. There are many reasons for this, which are too long and too numerous to outline here. Suffice it to say that I find it depressing."

I suppose you could well apply this to many of the topics on B&W! 

P.S. - I find it very strange sometimes when a post takes a completely different direction and entertains a series of posts completely unrelated to the core subject; e.g. "Welcome Adam Hammill" :wacko:

Stu Dickson? 

12 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Only in a literary rather than literal sense Shull.

Consider the evidence about our man from faraway Arbroath. 

Purports to a Saints Fan but confirms that he doesn't attend home games. 

Attends 2 Aberdeen home games this season so far..... No Home Games for Saints

Attends Arbroath games..  Is he really an Aberdeen fan in disguise? 

I'm going to watch Bodmin Town v Illogen in some cup game on Saturday...

Also aiming to attend Plymouth v Sunderland in November. I have watched Truro City before.

I claim to support St Mirren (I have had season tickets in the past) and also claim to support RSC Charleroi, my home team in Belgium, but have never attended a game of theirs.

What the hell does this make me :lol:

34 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Also aiming to attend Plymouth v Sunderland in November. I have watched Truro City before.

I claim to support St Mirren (I have had season tickets in the past) and also claim to support RSC Charleroi, my home team in Belgium, but have never attended a game of theirs.

The Ghost of Bodmin. 

39 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Jings. It makes you what you are. Someone with a real interest in these clubs. 

Good on you. 

What the hell does this make me [emoji38]
If FS is an F Man then you CS must be a C Man.

1 minute ago, Hambud said:
2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:
What the hell does this make me emoji38.png

If FS is an F Man then you CS must be a C Man.

Shut it H Man. :P