Welcome Adam Hammill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd push the boat out to get him till at least the end of the season.  He was a magnificent player playing at a very good level down south. I see him as a bit of a coup for us. 

If he's enjoying his time with us and not using us as a shop window, lets trying and get him a little longer. Could turn out to be our Lewis Morgan this year.

I'd push the boat out to get him till at least the end of the season.  He was a magnificent player playing at a very good level down south. I see him as a bit of a coup for us. 
If he's enjoying his time with us and not using us as a shop window, lets trying and get him a little longer. Could turn out to be our Lewis Morgan this year.
It was mentioned when he signed that there is an 'option' for another 6 months.

Sadly I've no idea what the terms of that option are.

49 minutes ago, Hambud said:

He seems sensible. He (and/or his agent) clearly got caught out by over-reaching in the summer. I'm confident he'll at least see this season through and help us stay up.

He's been pretty poor up until Saturday so I'd imagine thats why an extension hasn't been put on the table yet. A couple more performances like that and I'm sure we will come to an agreement. Fair play to Oran Kearney for managing to find Ferdinand, Jackson, and Hamill during a closed transfer window. None of them are world beaters by any stretch of the imagination but they have helped plug the most obvious gaps in the team.

Sounds like OK has a similar style as JR and wants a few strikers and wingers that can attack at pace. Looking forward to seeing what he can do next summer with a reduced squad and time to bring in his own men.

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Fair play to Oran Kearney for managing to find Ferdinand, Jackson, and Hamill during a closed transfer window.

100% this. I never believed we'd get anything near their quality outside the window. Obviously Hammill has lacked fitness, so here's hoping Saturday was a glimpse of what's to come and not an exception.

I also liked what OK was saying about the influence that Anton has had on both Baird and Jones - implying that he's made them better players, even when he's not on the pitch. Can't put a price on that sort of mentoring.

8 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

100% this. I never believed we'd get anything near their quality outside the window. Obviously Hammill has lacked fitness, so here's hoping Saturday was a glimpse of what's to come and not an exception.

I also liked what OK was saying about the influence that Anton has had on both Baird and Jones - implying that he's made them better players, even when he's not on the pitch. Can't put a price on that sort of mentoring.

Yes, big Anton seems to have a tremendous attitude. Central defence seems to be a position where mentorship is so important.

7 hours ago, Hambud said:

If i remember correctly, AH said that he wanted to push himself to earn a longer deal through performances, hence the short term. I am not sure if he was offered till end of season originally on that basis. 

7 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

If i remember correctly, AH said that he wanted to push himself to earn a longer deal through performances, hence the short term. I am not sure if he was offered till end of season originally on that basis. 

Definitely talented. Now approaching full fitness.  An undoubted asset. I 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Definitely had one good game, time to stay calm before people get too excited about offering any expensive contracts. 

We're close to bankruptcy as it is. :rolleyes:

More than one good game and a decent goal return. What's not too like? 

Bankruptcy.. You would believe fairy story's. 

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Definitely had one good game, time to stay calm before people get too excited about offering any expensive contracts. 

We're close to bankruptcy as it is. :rolleyes:

Good game against Killie and scored our goal. Played well at Dens also. 

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Other good games and, ahem, it's "to" ya dumpling. :1eye

Wooosh, again, on the "bankruptcy" comment. :lol:

I really enjoy your trolling me. 

I really like the way your envy shows through. I really smile at the items you raise. 

The emojis though.. I'd drop them.. Used mainly by those with poor vocabulary... Then again.. Whatever you can manage. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

All subjective, and, as you should know, there's a tendency to overreact when any player shows some form, as he did last week. 

True , but shown enough to merit a contract till the end of the season imo. We need a creative spark and hopefully last Saturday is a taste of what he will provide. 

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Other good games and, ahem, it's "to" ya dumpling. :1eye

Wooosh, again, on the "bankruptcy" comment. :lol:

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I really enjoy your trolling me. 

I really like the way your envy shows through. I really smile at the items you raise. 

The emojis though.. I'd drop them.. Used mainly by those with poor vocabulary... Then again.. Whatever you can manage. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Did you miss my stutter?

Obviously.. I made it obvious. 

Absolutely stunning, two posts to my one, saying, erm, I'm  trolling. :lol:

I love the forum, it gives clowns like you a chance to prove how fecking stupid you are. :byebye