Welcome Adam Hammill

20 minutes ago, shull said:

Let's see how Adam does in December before we start giving out extendit Contracts.

He hasn't proved anything yet.

Even Elliot scored a wonder goal.

He's proved he can score goals when not 100% fit. Links up well with Jackson and gives a lot of effort. 

If we wait too long to get him tied up, we risk losing him.

2 hours ago, shull said:

We have to be sure before throwing money about.

Hammill has proven himself in the past. He's played regularly at Championship  level and even played in the EPL. I understand caution but sometimes you just have to take a chance on a player. We aren't exactly HIS level when he's at his best.

15 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Hammill has proven himself in the past. He's played regularly at Championship  level and even played in the EPL. I understand caution but sometimes you just have to take a chance on a player. We aren't exactly HIS level when he's at his best.

Gerry Creaney proved himself in the past. 

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

His family are still in the Midlands it was pointed out. Oran said it would be the middle of January before a decision would be made ( press conference buddie vision )  Baird said other clubs will take an interest in him but hopfully we can keep him. 

Middle of January would be a good time to make a decision. 

Before then we might unearth somebody better than Hammill and maybe cheaper. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

Middle of January would be a good time to make a decision. 

Before then we might unearth somebody better than Hammill and maybe cheaper. 

Given he's only tied till then he would most likely have sorted himself out . He's not going to sit about waiting and, at best, we'd need to up the contract if we were competing. Using some of those hated sayings. Supply and demand. Strike while the iron's hot. Etc., etc., etc.

His two wonder goals will have got him noticed up here and down south. Would be good to get him signed sharpish. He’s a game changer, which is hard to find. He’s still working up his fitness, so could improve his all round game further. Seems a no-brainer to try and get him secured. What a goal by the way. Pure class.

1 hour ago, Balmullo Bud said:

His two wonder goals will have got him noticed up here and down south. Would be good to get him signed sharpish. He’s a game changer, which is hard to find. He’s still working up his fitness, so could improve his all round game further. Seems a no-brainer to try and get him secured. What a goal by the way. Pure class.

It wasn't just pure class, it was as good a goal as you will see almost any season. The only thing that might beat that is him taking the ball and dribbling it around all 10 outfield players then chipping the goalie, but now I'm just fantasising! :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Just got a text from Jimmy, Other clubs interested now. Would have signed a couple of weeks ago looks like we might be too late now. :mellow:

Would be a real shame to lose him, but with these type of short term deals that's always going to be a possibility. It does seem strange Jackson was offered an extension quite early on and Hammill wasn't , if that was the case. 

We'll just need to enjoy him and his goals as long as he's with us.

Guest TPAFKATS
Excellent judgement. [emoji16]
Yes, it was excellent judgement based on his performance against Accies. He's scored 2 wonder goals, that aside the jury is still out IMO.

Odd to say it I know, but he has been disappointing other than the two wonder goals and good deliveries from free kicks.

Certainly, want to hold on to him, but if it's not to be then it's not the end of the world. I think opposing 'keepers will be staying a bit closer to their lines now too!

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Odd to say it I know, but he has been disappointing other than the two wonder goals and good deliveries from free kicks.

Certainly, want to hold on to him, but if it's not to be then it's not the end of the world. I think opposing 'keepers will be staying a bit closer to their lines now too!

4 goals and one assist at Dens for the penalty we won is not a bad return for a player that's not fully fit.  

I wouldn't describe that as disappointing.