Welcome Adam Hammill

55 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Odd to say it I know, but he has been disappointing other than the two wonder goals and good deliveries from free kicks.

Certainly, want to hold on to him, but if it's not to be then it's not the end of the world. I think opposing 'keepers will be staying a bit closer to their lines now too!

He's scored 4 of our 11 league goals this season having only played in 8 of our 16 games so far.

Assisted at least  2 (too lazy to check)  of the other 7 we've scored, making him involved in over half of our league goals to date in half the amount of games the rest of the team have played.

2 of his goals have been screamers,  he's our top goalscorer and probably top with assists as well (still too lazy to check)

We've 9 points on the board and his goals and assists have contributed to 5 of them.

Disappointing right enough.

4 minutes ago, bud84 said:

He's scored 4 of our 11 league goals this season having only played in 8 of our 16 games so far.

Assisted at least  2 (too lazy to check)  of the other 7 we've scored, making him involved in over half of our league goals to date in half the amount of games the rest of the team have played.

2 of his goals have been screamers,  he's our top goalscorer and probably top with assists as well (still too lazy to check)

We've 9 points on the board and his goals and assists have contributed to 5 of them.

Disappointing right enough.

I'm aware of how reliant we have been on him as a creative force, and he was great in the Hearts game. However plenty of others games he has been completely posted missing. These stats are more an indication of how poor the other forwards have been!

It's only really the last couple of weeks he has stepped it up. I can understand why a new deal wasn't offered until recently.

The Barnsley supporters said as much when he joined us, I think the feeling was that a number of fans were gutted he wasn't offered a new contract as he had the capability to change a game, but others weren't quite as sure as he sometimes just didn't turn up for a game and he was a passenger.

Personally I would rather have his unpredictability in the team than out of it, but if we lose him to a current opponent then that's p*ss poor. :angry:

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
10 hours ago, FTOF said:
Excellent judgement. emoji16.png

Yes, it was excellent judgement based on his performance against Accies. He's scored 2 wonder goals, that aside the jury is still out IMO.

It wasn't really.

Most people can see just how much of a class player that he is and what he adds to the team in terms of goal scoring and creating goals.

Hence the interest from down south.:)

Guest TPAFKATS
Some people thought Andy Dormant drifted in and out of games. Just saying.
Hamill scores wonder goals, dorman had more to his game than that such as late runs into the box.
Hamill may bring more to our team during December but so far he's either wonderful goals or disappointing.

Guest TPAFKATS
It wasn't really.
Most people can see just how much of a class player that he is and what he adds to the team in terms of goal scoring and creating goals.
Hence the interest from down south.[emoji4]

If most people can see that why was he a free agent?

11 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Hamill scores wonder goals, dorman had more to his game than that such as late runs into the box.
Hamill may bring more to our team during December but so far he's either wonderful goals or disappointing.

I wasn't comparing them as players; more pointing out that folk on here will moan about absolutely everything!

44 minutes ago, Hendo said:

What have the Romans ever done for us?

I suppose if you only score goals or make chances, its a good contribution!

I was only making the point he had a long run of disappointing performances before the Hearts game, which I don't think anyone can argue with. The Barnsley fan that came on here after having the misfortune of attending the Motherwell game was told by several to take Adam back down south with him!

If he continues to play for us, he is unlikely to get quite the same number of opprtunities. 

That's now two goalkeepers that have been lobbed from distance in successive weeks, so if they do their homework against Saints you can bet that they will stay more on their line than before............................. So what's his next trick? :blink:

8 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

If he continues to play for us, he is unlikely to get quite the same number of opprtunities. 

That's now two goalkeepers that have been lobbed from distance in successive weeks, so if they do their homework against Saints you can bet that they will stay more on their line than before............................. So what's his next trick? :blink:

If the goalkeepers are staying closer to their line it means either the centre-half's play deeper and retreat into that space or alternatively try to keep a higher line which leaves a bigger gap for the forwards to run into...….both good scenarios surely!!

As we have seen recently, Adam can do things at this level that no other player at our club is capable of.

He scored both our goals against Hearts and scored one and assisted one against Hibs. He’s our top scorer in the league despite only being here a few weeks and he’s not even a striker.

He’s a self declared maverick who will drift in and out occasionally, but he’s quite clearly our most technically gifted player and he’s a difference maker.

I suspect other Premiership clubs will offer him more money in January ( Dundee maybe? ) and he could well be off. That would be an awful blow for us if it did happen.

It’s vital that we do all we can to keep him.