Welcome Adam Hammill

20 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

League 1 is better than the Scottish premiership :blink: oh dear. It might be richer at this time however the new TV deal in Scotland will very much narrow that. 

I would say , as things stand the average standard in Lg1 is better than the spfl  premier. The ugly  sisters may be able to operate higher at present and would eventually become a premier team but I’m afraid from ourselves up to to the fakes , we would all be relegation candidates.

37 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I would say , as things stand the average standard in Lg1 is better than the spfl  premier. The ugly  sisters may be able to operate higher at present and would eventually become a premier team but I’m afraid from ourselves up to to the fakes , we would all be relegation candidates.

Would say most biggest clubs up here could compete no problem. The rest of us could compete with the lower half. That is my own opinion we are very good at knocking ourselves.  Take a Edinburgh derby it's a much better watch than any league 1 game that I have seen on TV. 

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think it’s funny when people get all proud and indignant when other people make this claim. But then, why wouldn’t it be? Attendances (outwith the OF) are higher, prize money is higher, wages are higher. If it wasn’t a better standard questions should be asked. 

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

League 1 is better than the Scottish premiership :blink: oh dear. It might be richer at this time however the new TV deal in Scotland will very much narrow that. 

Exhibit A

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Would say most biggest clubs up here could compete no problem. The rest of us could compete with the lower half. That is my own opinion we are very good at knocking ourselves.  Take a Edinburgh derby it's a much better watch than any league 1 game that I have seen on TV. 

Nobody said anything about entertainment value. I've seen great games down the park. Doesn't mean they are of a better standard that EL1.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Those of you with Twitter, get on here and vote for Adam.

Sorry. He's been good for us but, 10 games with only 2 where he lasted the 90? You really would need black and white tinted specs to see this as a qualification. Goal of the season? Different matter. I suspect theat poll is closed,.... twice!

On 12/12/2018 at 10:04 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can’t agree with you on this.

Ignoring the bigots, I’d say Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts could hold their own in L1. Most of the rest could handle L2, outwith ourselves, Dundee and Accies who would be relegated IMO. 

Just because a game might be good to watch doesn’t mean the standard is great. 

• 1 year later...
45 minutes ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

Who really cares where he is now its nothingto do with St Mirren so very much irrelevant 

Nothing wrong with keeping up to date with former players.

I'm gonna go a bit shull here - I remember not long after he came (ooh err missus!) he stated in the press his aim was to win a longer contract with us (might even be a link in the thread) then after them two wundergoals it was clear he was off at the transfer window.

Now I don't blame the guy but in the modern game a club like Saints ain't likely to see many players stay more than 3/4 years - still he did us a good turn so I send him my love and a bang on the ear! :wub:

27 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aye. So good he’s now playing for Derry City.

Those 2 goals aside, did he really do that much for us? Any time I saw him he looked decidedly average. 

He scored four goals in about ten games. Brilliant player and had a huge impact when we were in a rough patch.

He was involved in pretty much every goal we scored during his time with us. If he wasn't scoring it himself, he was providing the assist or winning a penalty. If he hadn't been with us for those few months we wouldn't have had a hope of staying up as we'd have been even further adrift before the January window.

• 2 years later...