Jump to content

Sonny

Welcome Adam Hammill

Recommended Posts

Well hopefully I am wrong - would be great to see Adam stay longer.  It was just an impression I got from the interview more than anything that was said.  I am a wee bit surprised that we haven't spoken to him yet about extending the deal (although OK said he's still only 75% fit). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Buddie-Boy said:

Well hopefully I am wrong - would be great to see Adam stay longer.  It was just an impression I got from the interview more than anything that was said.  I am a wee bit surprised that we haven't spoken to him yet about extending the deal (although OK said he's still only 75% fit). 

The way it sounded to me is that we are keen to keep him and the ball is really in his court.

if he indicates he wants to stay then a deal will be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, shull said:

Let's see how Adam does in December before we start giving out extendit Contracts.

He hasn't proved anything yet.

Even Elliot scored a wonder goal.

He's proved he can score goals when not 100% fit. Links up well with Jackson and gives a lot of effort. 

If we wait too long to get him tied up, we risk losing him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shull said:

We have to be sure before throwing money about.

Hammill has proven himself in the past. He's played regularly at Championship  level and even played in the EPL. I understand caution but sometimes you just have to take a chance on a player. We aren't exactly HIS level when he's at his best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His family are still in the Midlands it was pointed out. Oran said it would be the middle of January before a decision would be made ( press conference buddie vision )  Baird said other clubs will take an interest in him but hopfully we can keep him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Hammill has proven himself in the past. He's played regularly at Championship  level and even played in the EPL. I understand caution but sometimes you just have to take a chance on a player. We aren't exactly HIS level when he's at his best.

Gerry Creaney proved himself in the past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

His family are still in the Midlands it was pointed out. Oran said it would be the middle of January before a decision would be made ( press conference buddie vision )  Baird said other clubs will take an interest in him but hopfully we can keep him. 

Middle of January would be a good time to make a decision. 

Before then we might unearth somebody better than Hammill and maybe cheaper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shull said:

Middle of January would be a good time to make a decision. 

Before then we might unearth somebody better than Hammill and maybe cheaper. 

Given he's only tied till then he would most likely have sorted himself out . He's not going to sit about waiting and, at best, we'd need to up the contract if we were competing. Using some of those hated sayings. Supply and demand. Strike while the iron's hot. Etc., etc., etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Magic Monkey said:

Just get him signed.

Careful.  Supposedly we need to wait till he's scored 20 goals and helped secure 20 points ! (According to some) 

I said the same and was warned off. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His two wonder goals will have got him noticed up here and down south. Would be good to get him signed sharpish. He’s a game changer, which is hard to find. He’s still working up his fitness, so could improve his all round game further. Seems a no-brainer to try and get him secured. What a goal by the way. Pure class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Balmullo Bud said:

His two wonder goals will have got him noticed up here and down south. Would be good to get him signed sharpish. He’s a game changer, which is hard to find. He’s still working up his fitness, so could improve his all round game further. Seems a no-brainer to try and get him secured. What a goal by the way. Pure class.

It wasn't just pure class, it was as good a goal as you will see almost any season. The only thing that might beat that is him taking the ball and dribbling it around all 10 outfield players then chipping the goalie, but now I'm just fantasising! :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Just got a text from Jimmy, Other clubs interested now. Would have signed a couple of weeks ago looks like we might be too late now. :mellow:

Would be a real shame to lose him, but with these type of short term deals that's always going to be a possibility. It does seem strange Jackson was offered an extension quite early on and Hammill wasn't , if that was the case. 

We'll just need to enjoy him and his goals as long as he's with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...