St. Mirren v The Rangers, 3rd November 2018

11 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

Giving genuine consideration to just 'no going'.... season ticket or not. The team are pish and the Opposition fans for the most part are absolute bigoted scum and its unbearable. 

As stated above, this is probably the worst top flight saints team in memory maybe even one of the worst top flight teams in memory. 

I get where you are coming from but not going doesn't solve any problem for the team,  nor does it give you an opportunity to show how decent supporters get behind their team.  Your choice of course. 

27 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Stick big Bairdy at Centre Forward and hope he can flick a few balls in for Simeon to chase , would also be helpful defending set pieces , maybe have him replacing Flynn

I jokingly said that last night when we kept puntin' the ball. Could Sammy or the rest of the team no see that we lost the ball every time. 

I was starting to think there was an invisible force field at the half way line as we seemed incapable of passing it with the ball at our feet. 

2 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

Giving genuine consideration to just 'no going'.... season ticket or not. The team are pish and the Opposition fans for the most part are absolute bigoted scum and its unbearable. 

As stated above, this is probably the worst top flight saints team in memory maybe even one of the worst top flight teams in memory. 

The good news it's on a decent TV channel, not that trash run by students.  :thumbsup

Sky sports. 

24 minutes ago, bender rodriguez said:

I just noticed it's £17 for kids that is scandalous I know we are in premier now but that is some jump up from a fiver or £2 in family stand like it was last season

Its a joke

Sky Sports for me so I dont need to listen the Orange Order , just turn the volume down

4 hours ago, bender rodriguez said:

I just noticed it's £17 for kids that is scandalous I know we are in premier now but that is some jump up from a fiver or £2 in family stand like it was last season

Remember it is prices like that and chucking families out of the stand that allow us to be able to afford  football talents such as Josh Heaton and Cody Cooke. 

Without giving the OF the family stand we would be watching a team with Championship standard players like Danny Mullen and Ryan Flynn getting gubbed in the league every week. 

So, can Saints surprise us all and get a result? Or will it be a pumping ?

Sometimes when you can’t see where the next win is coming from, that’s exactly when you get a shock result.Will that be the case tomorrow ?

Back on planet earth though, hard to see where a win will come from.

Saints 2-1 The Rangers

Obviously [emoji2]

37 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

So, can Saints surprise us all and get a result? Or will it be a pumping ?

Sometimes when you can’t see where the next win is coming from, that’s exactly when you get a shock result.Will that be the case tomorrow ?

Back on planet earth though, hard to see where a win will come from.

Saints 2-1 The Rangers

Obviously emoji2.png

There's always "shock" results (Fecking Burton Albion) in every sport.

The trick is trying to spot the likelihood. 

At 11/1 this would be a SHOCK and very lucrative.

We were similar against Celtic, at half time we were 18/1 and I had a wee bet so I'll hang off and see how the game goes tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

It would be a very St Mirren thing to do and go and get a result tomorrow. I reckon whoever copes with the forecasted hurricane ,will get a result. I can't see there being much silky football on show. 

Aye, forecast is very wet and windy, although warm and cosy in ma hoose. :P

PS I might even "neck" a beer at half time. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, forecast is very wet and windy, although warm and cosy in ma hoose. :P

The real reason is , you struggle to get through 90mins without a drink so you watch from your booze stocked house.

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

The real reason is , you struggle to get through 90mins without a drink so you watch from your booze stocked house.

I have a similar problem but so far so good.  This season I've totalled 1440 alcohol free minutes plus injury time and extra time. It would have been 1530 minutes but I missed the Motherwell game.

All those minutes  and I've only seen 13 St Mirren Goals (six in one game) was it feckin worth staying off the drink. My liver probably says Yes.

Hopefully during Saturday's alcohol free 90 mins I get something to cheer about.

4 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Shitfest the game and take a draw.

Gerrard sacked as he couldn’t beat us...

18 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

I jokingly said that last night when we kept puntin' the ball. Could Sammy or the rest of the team no see that we lost the ball every time. 

I was starting to think there was an invisible force field at the half way line as we seemed incapable of passing it with the ball at our feet. 

Can we switch on that force field when the Govan team have the ball?

I'll be there, i fear a thrashing but hopefully i'll be pleasantly surprised. Realistically we're not expecting anything from these games, it's going to be Dundee and Hamilton that we must take points from.  Every other point is a bonus until OK gets the chance (transfer window)  to sort out the shambles that Stubbs left.

While we wait for reality to come and boot us a right sore one up the arse lets go for it.

St Mirren 3 - 0 Rangers

Anton, Jackson and Hamill, Sammy saves 4 penalties.  McGinn plays a blinder and applauds us all enthusiastically at the end as we all scream we are not worthy.

Motherwell 0- 0 Dundee    and accies get pumped 6- 0

That's the way to spend an alcohol free 90 mins.