St. Mirren v The Rangers, 3rd November 2018

6 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

While we wait for reality to come and boot us a right sore one up the arse lets go for it.

St Mirren 3 - 0 Rangers

Anton, Jackson and Hamill, Sammy saves 4 penalties.  McGinn plays a blinder and applauds us all enthusiastically at the end as we all scream we are not worthy.

Motherwell 0- 0 Dundee    and accies get pumped 6- 0

That's the way to spend an alcohol free 90 mins.

Have you ran out of medication? :wink:

19 hours ago, bender rodriguez said:

I just noticed it's £17 for kids that is scandalous I know we are in premier now but that is some jump up from a fiver or £2 in family stand like it was last season

The club are actively marketing these games to deter families and children.

No family stand

No panda club

Fleecing their own fans because its a Sectarian Bigot-Fest game (£17 & £27)

then wondering why people opt to not go?

St Mirren 1 The Rangers (throw coins hitting the ref, the linesman and a 2 month old baby ( its ok)) 1

Images go Viral, SFA act finally and give saints a 3-0 Walkover . The Rangers are then closed for good and Ipox is sold to cover their 15 millon debt. Charles Green is seen in Govan    .

Odds please FAS :P

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

St Mirren 1 The Rangers (throw coins hitting the ref, the linesman and a 2 month old baby ( its ok)) 1

Images go Viral, SFA act finally and give saints a 3-0 Walkover . The Rangers are then closed for good and Ipox is sold to cover their 15 millon debt. Charles Green is seen in Govan    .

Odds please FAS :P

Send me your wallet, car, house................name your odds. :wink: (That's based on 1-1 :lol: )

13 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

Controversial thought, however, given that we aren't exactly firing on all cylinders, should Cooke get shot up front tomorrow? It's no like we can get any worse that the current strikers performance whereby we have scored 1 in 4 games?

Bit harsh, I know he's not very good but a live execution on the pitch is taking it too far. 

16 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

Controversial thought, however, given that we aren't exactly firing on all cylinders, should Cooke get a shot up front tomorrow? It's no like we can get any worse that the current strikers performance whereby we have scored 1 in 4 games?

Given he's not training with the first team and not making the bench in a squad with no goals in them I assume he is showing nowt in training to suggest he should be anywhere near the first team. That said he surely wouldn't be worse than what we have. I'm still not buying the Jackson thing either. His movement isn't great and his body language is similar to the rest of them - an air of resignation once we go behind. There is precious little service though. We will be bullied all over the park again tomorrow by what is a fairly basic but physical side.  We have to man up and start putting some effort in to closing down the middle of the park. As I said elsewhere 3 in central midfield tomorrow McGinn, Willock and I'd get Jones in there too with Baird back beside Anton. Might we see Eckersley tomorrow too ???

38 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Given he's not training with the first team and not making the bench in a squad with no goals in them I assume he is showing nowt in training to suggest he should be anywhere near the first team. That said he surely wouldn't be worse than what we have. I'm still not buying the Jackson thing either. His movement isn't great and his body language is similar to the rest of them - an air of resignation once we go behind. There is precious little service though. We will be bullied all over the park again tomorrow by what is a fairly basic but physical side.  We have to man up and start putting some effort in to closing down the middle of the park. As I said elsewhere 3 in central midfield tomorrow McGinn, Willock and I'd get Jones in there too with Baird back beside Anton. Might we see Eckersley tomorrow too ???

Any info on Maggenis?

1 hour ago, spankin_panda said:

Controversial thought, however, given that we aren't exactly firing on all cylinders, should Cooke get a shot up front tomorrow? It's no like we can get any worse that the current strikers performance whereby we have scored 1 in 4 games?

Sam Jamieson would be a better option. Looked lively against Hibs.

ye, that was what I was getting at, should someone else get a shot up there as its a game we fully expect nowt from so, why not? Never know.
I'd start Jamieson up front with Jackson with Cook on the bench.
Mullen and Smith on the midfield flanks with McGinn and Willock in the centre.
Hopefully Baird back to partner Antony and Eckersley in for Hodson.

Worth the risk as anything other than a huge tanking will be a moral victory for us.