St. Mirren v The Rangers, 3rd November 2018

6 minutes ago, munoz said:

I wonder if the pitch will hold up to the amount of rain forecast. Heavy rain from 10pm tonight till 4pm tomorrow. 

My 6 year old said we might have a chance if we put water all over the pitch and kicked the puddles in the Rangers players faces. Might be worth a shot. I remember the great Alec Beckett doing that in a game in the 80's. 

8 minutes ago, Hendo said:

My 6 year old said we might have a chance if we put water all over the pitch and kicked the puddles in the Rangers players faces. Might be worth a shot. I remember the great Alec Beckett doing that in a game in the 80's. 

I predict a great future for your 6 year old as a Strategist 

So Willie Gollum is the ref, it's nearly 30 quid a ticket, meant to be pissing from the heavens tomorrow, no panda club or pre match entertainment for the families as that mob have both stands and we need to listen to their sectarian bile for 90 minutes?  What channel is it on again? :P

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Willy Colum is the Referee for Saturday. 

Makes sure that things will be interesting! 

Red card for us then.

I'll go with Ferdinand to get sent off.

2 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

Controversial thought, however, given that we aren't exactly firing on all cylinders, should Cooke get a shot up front tomorrow? It's no like we can get any worse that the current strikers performance whereby we have scored 1 in 4 games?

He scored against Accies reserves. f**k it, let's play him!

8 minutes ago, NB18 said:

So Willie Gollum is the ref, it's nearly 30 quid a ticket, meant to be pissing from the heavens tomorrow, no panda club or pre match entertainment for the families as that mob have both stands and we need to listen to their sectarian bile for 90 minutes?  What channel is it on again? :P

Nah. You would hate yourself if we did the unthinkable and won and you weren't actually THERE at the ground. 

TV is a pale substitute for the real thing. 

39 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

It's a live TV game they will play through a swamp if need be. Fans wellbeing will be bottom of any decision making process as usual. As long as the currants in Oz, Canada and the US get to see and hear the bigoted filth spewing from their ends, that's all that matters.

Calm doon, it's a bit of rain, no a fecking hurricane. 

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Nah. You would hate yourself if we did the unthinkable and won and you weren't actually THERE at the ground. 

TV is a pale substitute for the real thing. 

Really ??? I am delighted when we win no matter where I am.  Of our usual crowd I am the only one even considering going tomorrow and that will be dictated by the weether and if public transport is running. The thought of missing a victory would not even enter my calculations.  I suspect there will be a paltry home support tomorrow if the weather is as bad as it's forecast to be.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Really ??? I am delighted when we win no matter where I am.  Of our usual crowd I am the only one even considering going tomorrow and that will be dictated by the weether and if public transport is running. The thought of missing a victory would not even enter my calculations.  I suspect there will be a paltry home support tomorrow if the weather is as bad as it's forecast to be.

Let's hope it's not too bad and that we get at least 4,000 to 4,500 home support out. 

I prefer being there.  Park at the ground.  Under cover.  Hot pie and Diet Coke. 

Wonderful. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Let's hope it's not too bad and that we get at least 4,000 to 4,500 home support out. 

I prefer being there.  Park at the ground.  Under cover.  Hot pie and Diet Coke. 

Wonderful. 

I can't be arsed at the moment to walk 5 mins to the ground from my house, just got no motivation to go and watch the team, no doubt if I do go I reckon I will be wanting away after 20 mins . All I can see is us getting pumped, Saddens me to write this but just can't be arsed. If I do go I might need the samaritians on speed dial.

1 minute ago, chalky1 said:

I can't be arsed at the moment to walk 5 mins to the ground from my house, just got no motivation to go and watch the team, no doubt if I do go I reckon I will be wanting away after 20 mins . All I can see is us getting pumped, Saddens me to write this but just can't be arsed. If I do go I might need the samaritians on speed dial.

Or you might witness the best performance of the season. 

1 minute ago, chalky1 said:

I think you probably sum up how a lot of folks feel right now chalky. 

I'm in the Tony F school of Optimistic myself but it still hurts.  But.. I'll be there in bad times as well as good. 

12 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Wonderful. 

4-5k home would mean 7.5 - 8k - not a chance tomorrow I'm afraid. I would say sub 6k in total with 3.5k of them.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

4-5k home would mean 7.5 - 8k - not a chance tomorrow I'm afraid. I would say sub 6k in total with 3.5k of them.

I'd take that but be a little dissapointed. Out of the 5 of us with Season Tickets 4 are going. 

1 Spare

Edited by St.Ricky

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Agree with this ^^^

Unfortunately there is no 'pull factor' for tomorrow's game. We should be actively trying to get families to watch the games as they will ultimately be the next generation of Saints supporters but instead we kick them out the family stand, even charge them for tickets despite them being season ticket holders, take away their pre match entertainment and panda club... Oh aye, plus charging kids 17 Quid a ticket! :huh:

12 minutes ago, NB18 said:

Agree with this ^^^

Unfortunately there is no 'pull factor' for tomorrow's game. We should be actively trying to get families to watch the games as they will ultimately be the next generation of Saints supporters but instead we kick them out the family stand, even charge them for tickets despite them being season ticket holders, take away their pre match entertainment and panda club... Oh aye, plus charging kids 17 Quid a ticket! :huh:

Sadly you may be right but I'll go for a crowd of 6,500. The Rangers are not the draw they once were.  

While we wait for reality to come and boot us a right sore one up the arse lets go for it.
St Mirren 3 - 0 Rangers
Anton, Jackson and Hamill, Sammy saves 4 penalties.  McGinn plays a blinder and applauds us all enthusiastically at the end as we all scream we are not worthy.
Motherwell 0- 0 Dundee    and accies get pumped 6- 0
That's the way to spend an alcohol free 90 mins.

If Carlsberg did football results........