St. Mirren v The Rangers, 3rd November 2018

2 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Ethan was outstanding for a player out of position and his age. Need to be able to sustain this type of attitude and commitment as a team when not playing old firm at home. Also need to score to enhance some overall confidence. Samson looking ropey at times though weather didn't help.

Yeah, think Rodgers will get a run once he’s got a couple more reserve games under his belt.

I’d also give Erahon a run at left back ahead of Hodson.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

We lost 7 league games in a row in season 68/69 , we hit that poor run in February , after being 2nd top in December !

Looks like we also lost to Airdrie in the cup as well, so a run of both 7 league games and 7 competitive games lost that season.

We've lost 6 in a row on 2 occasions since then, we were relegated in both seasons.

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

Hardly "threw it away". There is quite a gulf in resources between the teams and we have competed well.

Don't know what some fans expect sometimes. 

Agree.  We competed well with a club that has recently overspent   by 15 Million. 

I have to say that I was proud of the guys today.  They matched the opposition in the first half and McGregor made two good saves. 

They poured forward with overlapping runs in the second half and overran our midfield.  Their goals came late in the game. 

The first was a peach.  I would love us to score one like that. 

Plus points include Ferdinand,  Jones and McGinn plus young Erahan. 

On to Dundee who lost again today. 

Great noise from the West Stand today. 

Agree.  We competed well with a club that has recently overspent   by 15 Million. 
I have to say that I was proud of the guys today.  They matched the opposition in the first half and McGregor made two good saves. 
They poured forward with overlapping runs in the second half and overran our midfield.  Their goals came late in the game. 
The first was a peach.  I would love us to score one like that. 
Plus points include Ferdinand,  Jones and McGinn plus young Erahan. 
On to Dundee who lost again today. 
Great noise from the West Stand today. 

Goodness me Rangers are shite.

In the last 7 days alone they have lost to Aberdeen and drew at home to Kilmarnock.

This was no formidable side we were up against today. They were very much there for taking, and had we been good enough we would have got at least a point.

We weren’t though.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

In the last 7 days alone they have lost to Aberdeen and drew at home to Kilmarnock.

This was no formidable side we were up against today. They were very much there for taking, and had we been good enough we would have got at least a point.

We weren’t though.

Only proves that they have squandered much more money than we have.  We just don't seem to be able to feed our forwards anything but scraps. Worked together better today though as a team don't you think? 

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

We weren’t though.

TBH quite a number of their support agree. 

The negativity on their forum was rife, unhappy about players, team selection and formations...........................sounds familiar. :wink:

I see that reported on BBC. 

If it happened and was by one of our fans then I hope others point the person out and that they are banned for life. 

It did happen , when Morelos scored and ran to W 6/7 area a coin was chucked at him.

I would urge all right minded Saints fans to condemn this sort of behaviour and help identify the individual concerned [emoji107]

Edited after wearing my glasses [emoji851]

Guest TPAFKATS

It did happen , when Morelos scored and ran to W 6/7 area a coin was chucked at him.
I would urge all right minded Saints fans to condone this sort of behaviour and help identify the individual concerned [emoji107]
Condemn? I assume and not condone [emoji3]
Can't tell what is was from TV footage but something certainly chucked towards him. Record seems to show a coin in a still photo but wouldn't necessarily trust anything they publish [emoji3]

Apart from being in the wrong by throwing an object, dragging our club into this especially this week is just cuntiness of the highest order.

7 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Condemn? I assume and not condone emoji3.png
Can't tell what is was from TV footage but something certainly chucked towards him. Record seems to show a coin in a still photo but wouldn't necessarily trust anything they publish emoji3.png

Apart from being in the wrong by throwing an object, dragging our club into this especially this week is just cuntiness of the highest order.

This idiot... has shamed the club and fellow supporters.  Ban him/ her for life. 

Anyone who knows who this person is should do the right thing and contact the club and police. 

It's time we realised that competitiveness is OK but hatred of the opposition or their fans is both ridiculous and unacceptable. 

Yeah, think Rodgers will get a run once he’s got a couple more reserve games under his belt.
I’d also give Erahon a run at left back ahead of Hodson.
Hes not a left back. He just filled in there. Would really bad mistake to play the youngster there as hes one of the best ypung midfielders in the country at his age group.

I couldn't give monkey's about the coin incident , these things happen every week in British football , and it's often far worse than a coin that's thrown , in fact there's speculation that it was a bit of pie crust that was thrown today . All this wee diversion does is cause us to forget we're now marooned at the bottom with Dundee , and we're going down !

Hes not a left back. He just filled in there. Would really bad mistake to play the youngster there as hes one of the best ypung midfielders in the country at his age group.

Yep , he is a very talented young man . Wouldn’t want to see him ruined by continually playing him out of position.

Thought young Cammy did really well when he came on as well.

Just now, billyg said:

I couldn't give monkey's about the coin incident , these things happen every week in British football , and it's often far worse than a coin that's thrown , in fact there's speculation that it was a bit of pie crust that was thrown today . All this wee diversion does is cause us to forget we're now marooned at the bottom with Dundee , and we're going down !

Christ Billy, you tried to defend the auld racist in the recent airline incident, now your dismissing a potential coin throwing incident that shames our club and support. :blink:

You're having a night mare.