St. Mirren v The Rangers, 3rd November 2018

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

You indirectly make my point for me. 

I do not want to be guilty by association. 

Neither, I believe, do the vast majority of fans, including those in W7.

Anyone who has read my posts will know that I give lots of credit to the guys there. 

Just when you thought it was safe to come back on this thread!...........

Do you realise how tiresome you are? Your ramblings on this thread (particularly aimed at Doakes) make you look like a fool. Are you the only one who can't see it? I won't bother replying to whatever reply you offer up as I do not intend to waste my time having a discussion with you. Perhaps you could count to ten and engage the brain before pressing the send button.

3 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Just when you thought it was safe to come back on this thread!...........

Do you realise how tiresome you are? Your ramblings on this thread (particularly aimed at Doakes) make you look like a fool. Are you the only one who can't see it? I won't bother replying to whatever reply you offer up as I do not intend to waste my time having a discussion with you. Perhaps you could count to ten and engage the brain before pressing the send button.

Mr.  O.  Have it as you wish.  That's the beauty of forum. 

Reading further on yesterday's incidents I'm left with an over-riding feeling that both sets of fans have been cheated. 
The papers this morning said Morelos was completely unaware of anything hitting him and that set me thinking.
Half an hour through his performance Alfredo treated us to a 2 minute cameo where he lay prone on the ground to the point that I was sure the stretcher bearers were readying their kit. As it transpired he had injured a little finger requiring it to be strapped firmly to the adjacent ring finger with medical tape before he could be helped off and return to action from the sideline shortly afterwards.
I can't help thinking that had Alfredo noticed the missile from the crowd I feel almost certain that we would have seen a performance incomparable with anything the likes seen since the sad demise of the late Sir John Gieldud. I feel particularly for The Rangers fans as they must feel doubly aggrieved as the resulting Academy Award nomination would have no doubt raised his profile and potential value. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Were you in the stadium yesterday Ricky? 
I'd say you are guilty by association.
Lets get Ricky banned from the stadium and the forum.
Mibees it was one of the £s that Ricky donated to the W7 guys [emoji33]

Guest TPAFKATS
You will be aware that the term 'strict liability' has been bandied about this week.  This is where the 'guys who organise that section' are accountable (NB not responsible) for the actions of an individual.  
W7 may well be punished following this event, but this will be a decision for SMFC as strict liability is not in place in football grounds , yet ....
Strict liability is where the club is held liable for what happens in their ground, which would include incidents involving away fans as well as home [emoji6]
There's nothing to say that any individuals be held accountable for the behaviour of other fans, esp when access to W7 is open to anyone in West stand.
Unless you are aware of the club and W7 guys having an agreement on this?

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Hope his fingerprints are still on it..............................6 months would be a nice wee break. 

You read my earlier post. Nice to know you pay attention.  But... my donation was in folding money. 

What was yours? 

Edited by St.Ricky

5 hours ago, NB18 said:

I'd rather we stop giving this daft incident all this attention as it's taking the focus away from quite a decent Saints performance.

The moron who threw the 'coin' will be identified and banned. End of story <_<

In terms of our performance yesterday, the players can walk off that park with their heads held high after that. We showed no fear against that mob and were unlucky not to hold on. Young Ethan and Alfie Jones especially done themselves proud. Was also good to see a much improved Ryan Edwards from Wednesday night. Onwards to Dens :headbang

First bit I agree entirely. The bit about Edwards though. I thought he was man of the match on Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:
4 hours ago, Sonny said:
Three season ticket holders I know did not attend yesterday but that was due to playing the OF and not due to poor form.

I'm season ticket and never went. Nor against Septic.

Clearly you are not alone.  Against that 4 out of 5 of our group were there.  No derogatory comments from me on you not being there. 

I Don't approve of the associations attached to these clubs but personally am determined not to let either impact on my behaviour in attending games. 

I try to look on, what I see as,  the bright and take the opportunity to see thehighest  paid players in our league playing against us (internationals in many cases) 

7 hours ago, Iamhammer said:

Well all the people you quote are claiming different things for a start.  Some say it was a pound coin, some an object.  The photo looks like a 50 pence.  I actually said at the time it looked like a rolled up foil pie case by the way it moved in the wind.  Also unhappy Collum didn’t book him for running 45 yards to celebrate in front of our fans.  There would have been mayhem if Jackson had ran to theirs had he scored 

Agree with you 100 per cent that Morellos should have been spoken to at the very least it booked.  

Doesn't change my views on what was thrown. That was unacceptable.  TV pictures are quite clear. 

I'm sure you have had a chance to see then by now and, being a fair minded person,  may have changed your opinion. 

Clearly you are not alone.  Against that 4 out of 5 of our group were there.  No derogatory comments from me on you not being there. 
I Don't approve of the associations attached to these clubs but personally am determined not to let either impact on my behaviour in attending games. 
I try to look on, what I see as,  the bright and take the opportunity to see thehighest  paid players in our league playing against us (internationals in many cases) 
I know a lot of people who won't take their kids to game involving the bigot brothers. Says it all bout Scottish football. Shameful.

Just now, santaponsasaint said:
14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I know a lot of people who won't take their kids to game involving the bigot brothers. Says it all bout Scottish football. Shameful.

And I don't castigate them for not doing so.  I took the opposite approach with my kids and took them to games against these two and in the process showing them how not to behave and they don't.  It would have been easy for them to get caught up in watching the title winning big two instead of the local team.  A side benefit was that a number of their pals also started following Saints and still do.  But.. Each to our own and you know your own family best. 

12 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
26 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

This has always been the case. My Dad wouldnt take me to bigot games in the 70s and i wont take my kids anywhere near them now.  They (and Scottish football) aint gonna change anytime soon. 

1 minute ago, branniganm said:

This has always been the case. My Dad wouldnt take me to bigot games in the 70s and i wont take my kids anywhere near them now.  They (and Scottish football) aint gonna change anytime soon. 

I did take my kids.  They disliked what they saw and have no truck with sectarianism.  They also brought friends who did the same.  They still follow Saints. 

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Strict liability is where the club is held liable for what happens in their ground, which would include incidents involving away fans as well as home emoji6.png
There's nothing to say that any individuals be held accountable for the behaviour of other fans, esp when access to W7 is open to anyone in West stand.
Unless you are aware of the club and W7 guys having an agreement on this?

My understanding is that access to w7 is not open to anyone, hence guys in killie scarves being refused entry to the home stands 2 weeks ago.  Access is for home fans only. 

Strict liability means that SMFC as a body corporate is accountable for the actions of all fans in the ground. This would mean SMFC would have to steward the ground in the true sense of the word. Rather than the half-arsed amateurs we have at present. 

You and I both know that nobody in w7 has agreed to be accountable for the actions of individuals. If that is the case , then i would advise them to take out a personal indemnity policy to protect them being sued for negligence. 

25 minutes ago, branniganm said:

My understanding is that access to w7 is not open to anyone, hence guys in killie scarves being refused entry to the home stands 2 weeks ago.  Access is for home fans only. 

Strict liability means that SMFC as a body corporate is accountable for the actions of all fans in the ground. This would mean SMFC would have to steward the ground in the true sense of the word. Rather than the half-arsed amateurs we have at present. 

You and I both know that nobody in w7 has agreed to be accountable for the actions of individuals. If that is the case , then i would advise them to take out a personal indemnity policy to protect them being sued for negligence. 

I agree with this.  

Morelos,probably quite rightly,took dogs abuse from the St Mirren Fans ( I was one of them) When he scores and gives me some back then I deserve it. He certainly does not deserve to have objects thrown at him.

Chris Boyds celebration when he scored the penalty today was hilarious  having obviously taken dogs abuse from the Aberdeen fans, Unfortunately some fans can dish it out ( thinking having paid their £20 odd quid they can do what they want) but can not take it!!! 

Paying to get into a football match does not make you above the law nor does it make you being a complete arsehole acceptable. Unfortunately thousands of football fans don't accept that.

3 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Morelos,probably quite rightly,took dogs abuse from the St Mirren Fans ( I was one of them) When he scores and gives me some back then I deserve it. He certainly does not deserve to have objects thrown at him.

Chris Boyds celebration when he scored the penalty today was hilarious  having obviously taken dogs abuse from the Aberdeen fans, Unfortunately some fans can dish it out ( thinking having paid their £20 odd quid they can do what they want) but can not take it!!! 

Paying to get into a football match does not make you above the law nor does it make you being a complete arsehole acceptable. Unfortunately thousands of football fans don't accept that.

Comedy gold from Boyd, playing up to obvious "fatty" shouts from the Aberdeen fans. :lol:

Guest TPAFKATS
Yeah, I said anyone in the stand can access the W7 area.
Agree re the stewarding. Do we still allow Celtic to bring their own stewards?

You are advising all, some, or the organising group to take out insurance? Hoping I'm misreading that bit.