Jump to content

Eric Arthur Blair

St. Mirren v The Rangers, 3rd November 2018

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Ricky, you are going full Columbo on this thread :lol:

The police don't knock doors of anonymous forum members who may or may not know something about a coin hitting a Rangers players leg

Club have access to CCTV so hopefully they can sort it out. Bring on the Dundee 

That was a throwback reference to the furore made when police did recently knock on doors and members of W7 were incensed.

They will be pleased I am sure that  CCTV is looked at and the culprit dealt with severely. 

Hopefully..... Not a regular of W7 and W7 can continue to build a reputation as decent,law abiding fans. 

I already started a thread on the Dundee game.  I'll be there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:
6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:
So... Let's get this right. 
Josh puts out a crowdfunder appeal and a number of us donate as we like the noise and colour W7 provides.  That's okI take it. 
But
If any of us are critical then we are no good do gooders. 
Make your mind up. 
 

Are you wanting a say in what they do as you donated to their funds?

TP..... I put myTRUST in them. 

Was that wise? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TP..... I put myTRUST in them. 
Was that wise? 
Depends what you trusted them to do?
Did you donate cash trusting that they would spend it on flags, banners etc to put on displays of support for the team?
I'd say they've fulfilled their end of any trust agreement.
You can't hold the guys who organise that section responsible for the behaviour of one individual who was standing in that area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

That was a throwback reference to the furore made when police did recently knock on doors and members of W7 were incensed.

They will be pleased I am sure that  CCTV is looked at and the culprit dealt with severely. 

Hopefully..... Not a regular of W7 and W7 can continue to build a reputation as decent,law abiding fans. 

I already started a thread on the Dundee game.  I'll be there. 

Well, yes, because lobbing a coin at someone (no matter who) is a criminal act and is rightly being looked into....

Which was precisely the point of "fans not criminals". If someone is actually behaving like a criminal, they deserve a chap at the door. But not preemptively!

On a personal level, if someone is doing stuff like that I don't want them standing with me, I imagine others that stand there would agree. Whoever it is has made us all look bad. The behaviour of a bawbag.

Glad to hear you'll be at Dundee :cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:
14 hours ago, class of 76-77 said:
What about the 3000 sectarian bigots singing f**k the pope ? 

That makes it ok to respond like a ned and potentially costing our club cash or points?

The point that I was making for the hard of thinking, is that it’s fine to have 3000 sectarian bigots belting out offensive bile for 90 mins. But let’s side with the old firm pandering Scottish media who highlight the coin throwing incident with Morelos  but no mention of the objects thrown at Danny Mullen. I repeat myself once again the person who hit Morelos should be banned from the ground. But why not condemn the Rangers fans who threw coins or other objects at Mullen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mattman said:

Lol.

 

ive sat in w7 since the start of it all, I certainly don’t know half the people there, it’s just a group of likeminded supporters wanting to create an atmosphere. We don’t ALL know eachother personally, anything decent involves a group at games will always attract the odd fanny, regardless of what club it is. It’s unnacceptable but it’s life. I agree ban the person, it has no place in football. But to go on as if it’s a group thing and assume we all know who it is and don’t want to stick them in is rather stupid of you to think. The cctv should find whoever it is anyway and the culprit will be dealt with through the proper channels. Stop trying to create a big hulabaloo and an us and them mentality towards w7 and the rest of the supporters.

 

100 % this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Depends what you trusted them to do?
Did you donate cash trusting that they would spend it on flags, banners etc to put on displays of support for the team?
I'd say they've fulfilled their end of any trust agreement.
You can't hold the guys who organise that section responsible for the behaviour of one individual who was standing in that area.

You will be aware that the term 'strict liability' has been bandied about this week.  This is where the 'guys who organise that section' are accountable (NB not responsible) for the actions of an individual.  

W7 may well be punished following this event, but this will be a decision for SMFC as strict liability is not in place in football grounds , yet ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather we stop giving this daft incident all this attention as it's taking the focus away from quite a decent Saints performance.

The moron who threw the 'coin' will be identified and banned. End of story <_<

In terms of our performance yesterday, the players can walk off that park with their heads held high after that. We showed no fear against that mob and were unlucky not to hold on. Young Ethan and Alfie Jones especially done themselves proud. Was also good to see a much improved Ryan Edwards from Wednesday night. Onwards to Dens :headbang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't think there was any extra attendance this time around. Only just over 6000. It's a failed experiment. We should go back to what we had before and move the W7 people into the family stand for these matches.

 

 

I think the low attendance yesterday was more to do with us being absolutely awful to watch this season as well as live tv and shite weather. Lots of gaps in the West and Main stands. We’ve been getting over 4,000 home fans regularly this season and we didn’t have that yesterday.

 

Win football matches and people turn up in greater numbers, irrespective of opponent, weather or tv.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DLBud said:

 


I think the low attendance yesterday was more to do with us being absolutely awful to watch this season as well as live tv and shite weather. Lots of gaps in the West and Main stands. We been getting over 4,000 home fans regularly this season and we don’t have that yesterday.

Win football matches and people turn up in greater numbers, irrespective of opponent, weather or tv.

 

Personally, I think the ticket prices would have had a big impact on the low crowd yesterday. For a family of four to watch the match yesterday it would have cost 88 quid!! (£27/£17) We are meant to a club that tries to go the extra mile for families and the community, we certainly didn't show it yesterday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't matter to me what price they charge.  They could let fans in for nothing and I still wouldn't go.  I'm not prepared to listen to the sh*te belted out by either cheek of the OF arse any more, and the implied threats towards all and sundry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DLBud said:

 


I think the low attendance yesterday was more to do with us being absolutely awful to watch this season as well as live tv and shite weather. Lots of gaps in the West and Main stands. We been getting over 4,000 home fans regularly this season and we don’t have that yesterday.

Win football matches and people turn up in greater numbers, irrespective of opponent, weather or tv.

Three season ticket holders I know did not attend yesterday but that was due to playing the OF and not due to poor form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

That was a throwback reference to the furore made when police did recently knock on doors and members of W7 were incensed.

They will be pleased I am sure that  CCTV is looked at and the culprit dealt with severely. 

Hopefully..... Not a regular of W7 and W7 can continue to build a reputation as decent,law abiding fans. 

I already started a thread on the Dundee game.  I'll be there. 

Were you in the stadium yesterday Ricky? 

I'd say you are guilty by association.

Lets get Ricky banned from the stadium and the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the game....

The performance was ok. The team clearly is better suited to playing bigger/better teams given the performances against Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Killie. I wouldn't say this is a case of the team not making an effort in other games (Motherwell aside), but we clearly are more comfortable soaking up pressure and we need the other team to open up for us to create anything.

Good to see Jones, Cooke and Erhanon are going to compete for places in the team. I really wish we could find a settled lineup though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I don't think there was any extra attendance this time around. Only just over 6000.

It's a failed experiment. We should go back to what we had before and move the W7 people into the family stand for these matches.

On what grounds would you say it's a failed experiment?

If the ambition was purely to make money - maybe

If the ambition was to create a vocal, colourful section of the home support to improve atmosphere - not failed in the slightest

Coin incident aside, the noise was great throughout 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Three season ticket holders I know did not attend yesterday but that was due to playing the OF and not due to poor form.


Yeah mate, I know there are a lot who don’t like to attend when either of them are playing at our place and I accept price is a factor as pointed out by someone else, however, I’m sticking to my view that if we were doing as well as Killie, for instance, then more people would be turning up for that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Were you in the stadium yesterday Ricky? 

I'd say you are guilty by association.

Lets get Ricky banned from the stadium and the forum.

You indirectly make my point for me. 

I do not want to be guilty by association. 

Neither, I believe, do the vast majority of fans, including those in W7.

Anyone who has read my posts will know that I give lots of credit to the guys there. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DLBud said:

 


Yeah mate, I know there are a lot who don’t like to attend when either of them are playing at our place and I accept price is a factor as pointed out by someone else, however, I’m sticking to my view that if we were doing as well as Killie, for instance, then more people would be turning up for that game.

 

Much to be said on both sides DL. The OF are part of our league and can afford the best players.  Like most,  I dislike the sectarian background intensely. 

One of the reasons my family and myself follow the Saints is exactly that. But.. You are undoubtably right in my opinion that were we on a winning run then fewer seatswould have been empty.  Can't /Don't blame people for that.  It's their money and time.  Added to that is the partial opt out of watching the game on TV. 

I did find the price for kids to be more than a bit stiff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lol.
 
ive sat in w7 since the start of it all, I certainly don’t know half the people there, it’s just a group of likeminded supporters wanting to create an atmosphere. We don’t ALL know eachother personally, anything decent involves a group at games will always attract the odd fanny, regardless of what club it is. It’s unnacceptable but it’s life. I agree ban the person, it has no place in football. But to go on as if it’s a group thing and assume we all know who it is and don’t want to stick them in is rather stupid of you to think. The cctv should find whoever it is anyway and the culprit will be dealt with through the proper channels. Stop trying to create a big hulabaloo and an us and them mentality towards w7 and the rest of the supporters.
 
Rumour has it St Ricky was the coin thrower and he's using this as a way of deflection....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hambud said:
2 hours ago, mattman said:
Lol.
 
ive sat in w7 since the start of it all, I certainly don’t know half the people there, it’s just a group of likeminded supporters wanting to create an atmosphere. We don’t ALL know eachother personally, anything decent involves a group at games will always attract the odd fanny, regardless of what club it is. It’s unnacceptable but it’s life. I agree ban the person, it has no place in football. But to go on as if it’s a group thing and assume we all know who it is and don’t want to stick them in is rather stupid of you to think. The cctv should find whoever it is anyway and the culprit will be dealt with through the proper channels. Stop trying to create a big hulabaloo and an us and them mentality towards w7 and the rest of the supporters.
 

Rumour has it St Ricky was the coin thrower and he's using this as a way of deflection....

I heard that it was delivered by a drone controlled from Arbroath. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×