The Fecking Naany State

shull

Guest TPAFKATS
The assertiveness of the parent. I never remember it being sore. Some a tap on the side fully clothed that would hurt every bit as much as a high five. 
Deterrents work through fear of consequence.
If you refuse to acknowledge that then there's really no point.

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Let the record show, I was not the person on here that started comparing smacking parents to Hitler :lol:

Surprised it took so long. 

Personally.. I don't like seeing children being smacked. 

Would I criminalise it..... No... But I recognise the difficulty of "reasonable force" v damaging physical abuse. 

Edited by St.Ricky

49 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Deterrents work through fear of consequence.
If you refuse to acknowledge that then there's really no point.

Consequences does not have to mean fear of physical violence. The fear of making your parents so angry that they smack you and the fear of making them so angry they shout at you/ send you to your room. can be the same fear.

My opinion is it’s more the fear of angering the parent because of wrong doing over fear of physical pain. Yet again, just my opinion, not saying either is right or wrong  

Guest TPAFKATS
Would I criminalise it..... No... But I recognise the difficulty of "reasonable force" v damaging physical abuse. 

Reasonable force is the basis of self defence when it comes to defending an accusation of assault [emoji57]

Guest TPAFKATS
Consequences does not have to mean fear of physical violence. The fear of making your parents so angry that they smack you and the fear of making them so angry they shout at you/ send you to your room. can be the same fear.

My opinion is it’s more the fear of angering the parent because of wrong doing over fear of physical pain. Yet again, just my opinion, not saying either is right or wrong  

You're deluded...or trolling.

51 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I saw a couple of incidents at secondary school that were nothing short of teachers assaulting pupils that were not pleasant to witness . Definitely something from a different era . There was one teacher who always took pupils into the corridor to belt them because he had already wrecked a ceiling tile in the classroom by the belt hitting it on the upstroke.

l do think that it tends to pale into insignificance when you hear now of young kids being exposed to state sponsored drugging . .

53 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

You're deluded...or trolling.

In what way am I deluded or trolling because I don't agree with you? Millions don't agree with you, it doesn't make you right and them wrong. 

Edited by bazil85

Guest TPAFKATS

In what way am I deluded or trolling because I don't agree with you? Millions don't agree with you, it doesn't make you right and them wrong. 
You're argument is Trump like in its level of f**kwittery. You actually disagree with yourself in that post never mind me [emoji3]

17 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

You're argument is Trump like in its level of f**kwittery. You actually disagree with yourself in that post never mind me emoji3.png

How would you describe your debating technique where it seems you HAVE to have everyone agree with your opinion?  

I don't disagree with myself, my view has been completely consistent and you will not change it. You just have to accept some peoples opinion differs from your own. 

18 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I saw a couple of incidents at secondary school that were nothing short of teachers assaulting pupils that were not pleasant to witness . Definitely something from a different era . There was one teacher who always took pupils into the corridor to belt them because he had already wrecked a ceiling tile in the classroom by the belt hitting it on the upstroke.

l do think that it tends to pale into insignificance when you hear now of young kids being exposed to state sponsored drugging . .

You are determined to sensationalsie the fact that young people are now having their illnesses recognised and are now receiving treatment previously denied to them.  A rise in the rate of prescription of a particular group of medicines is not necessarily all a bad thing, it can be seen as a sign of the recognition of epimioogy as well and can ultimately help us get to the fundamental causes of a problem.

It's medical practitioners who make the decisions on medication, the state merely provides the mechanisms for treatment and pays for it.

Youll probably choose to ignore, once again, the fact that much of the anti-depressant medicine prescribed to children and adults is intended to deal with physical pain (for which it is proven and effective).

21 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

You are determined to sensationalsie the fact that young people are now having their illnesses recognised and are now receiving treatment previously denied to them.  A rise in the rate of prescription of a particular group of medicines is not necessarily all a bad thing, it can be seen as a sign of the recognition of epimioogy as well and can ultimately help us get to the fundamental causes of a problem.

It's medical practitioners who make the decisions on medication, the state merely provides the mechanisms for treatment and pays for it.

Youll probably choose to ignore, once again, the fact that much of the anti-depressant medicine prescribed to children and adults is intended to deal with physical pain (for which it is proven and effective).

Whit?

Teachers aren't deciding to hand out drugs instead of the belt?

Christ, I was convinced. 

Guest TPAFKATS
How would you describe your debating technique where it seems you HAVE to have everyone agree with your opinion?  
I don't disagree with myself, my view has been completely consistent and you will not change it. You just have to accept some peoples opinion differs from your own. 
I've continually acknowledged that there are differing views.
Kinda sums you up that you still can't see that.
Once again, your post is kinda contradictory - you claim I need to have everyone agree with my point of view, then tell me your view won't change. 🤣

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Whit?

Teachers aren't deciding to hand out drugs instead of the belt?

Christ, I was convinced. 

The problem was Teachers assaulting Children ferociously with a leather belt. 

Children who had mental health problems who received no help. 

Nowadays, some affected Children are getting that help. 

Thankfully. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

The problem was Teachers assaulting Children ferociously with a leather belt. 

Children who had mental health problems who received no help. 

Nowadays, some affected Children are getting that help. 

Thankfully. 

Especially Important Post  Today which highlights Mental Health 

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I've continually acknowledged that there are differing views.
Kinda sums you up that you still can't see that.
Once again, your post is kinda contradictory - you claim I need to have everyone agree with my point of view, then tell me your view won't change.

If you are okay acknowledging the different views, why push the need to change them with continuous responses saying I'm 'trolling' 'delusional' in holding them? Doesn't sound like much of an acknowledgement to me. 

It's also not contradictory at all to not be willing to change my view. Believe it or not, I was fully aware people had the views that have so far been shared on here before this topic was posted. You have given me no new information to ponder. 

25 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Its okay for you to accuse folk who disagree with you of trolling but can't take it back, eh? :rolleyes:

I'm not accusing anyone of trolling. I'm simply pointing out I'm not here to change anyone's minds and it's not a right/ wrong issue. Spin away as per. 

22 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Mainstream society thought using a belt at school to assault children on a daily basis was a good thing. They were all wrong,

You think you are giving yourself credibility by standing behind them in an argument. Why?

23 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Aye OK. "State sponsored drugging". :lol:

More Reds under the bed guff.

How often do you top up your tin foil collection? Do you pick the cheapest foil or use brand name products? :lol:

Edited by oaksoft