Ayr ground share

21 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ok, I have checked and not seen any other thread. So I understand that Ayr Utd will be ground sharing with us after March due to the redevolpment of Somerset Park.  Shit I feel like Flareybob.

Anyone else heard this ? 

Is the plan announced in 2014 going ahead in Ayr?

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Is the plan announced in 2014 going ahead in Ayr?

Dont know mate, a girl in work said it, then it was confirmed by someone ITK ............... just surprised its not be said on here. Do I want Ayr near our place? Whats wrong with Killies ground ?

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Dont know mate, a girl in work said it, then it was confirmed by someone ITK ............... just surprised its not be said on here. Do I want Ayr near our place? Whats wrong with Killies ground ?

Might damage the pitch at Killie if there was a ground share arrangement :D

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Several questions I guess.  Why us and not Kilmarnock?  Maybe the plastic pitch? Maybe the cost of rental?  Would I welcome it?  Not if I thought the pitch would suffer.  There could also be complications if we both finished up  in play offs. 

8 minutes ago, thepaisleypanda said:

Although further mileagewise, it is probably easier to get to Paisley than Kilmarnock from Ayr. Plus would attract bigger away supports. 

I'm not sure of the logic here.  Fast roads connect with Kilmarnock and Paisley for those travelling by road. 

Am I wrong in thinking that you cannot travel by rail to Kilmarnock but you can from Ayr ? 

Or can you do both? 

30 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

If the proposal is not then to build the new stadium at Somerset , why do they need to ground share with us . . 

If selling Somerset it could be the case that they need to raise funding from selling land to develop new ground and are having to hand over keys before new ground is able to be built. We lucked out in that we had a stadium built elsewhere for us by the company buying land, and they were prepared to wait until we were ready to move.