Soundbars For Tv

Having tinnitus hearing the TV is becoming difficult especially as its a flat screen TV with the speakers at the back of the TV. Anyone out there with a sound -bar  experience. Edit anyone using optical audio cable from the sky box. Any speech timing issue? 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

15 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Have noticed that at just above the comfortable sound level on a couple of tv's in my house I hear a burring sounding noise.

Your ears must be worse than mine as long as your smelling is ok :P There should not be a Talking Heads burning down the house. 

30 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Having tinnitus hearing the TV is becoming difficult especially as its a flat screen TV with the speakers at the back of the TV. Anyone out there with a sound -bar  experience. Edit anyone using optical audio cable from the sky box. Any speech timing issue? 

I've been using a  sound bar for a couple of years now , definitely would say its worth getting one the sound it loads better . We were away last week and the place we went to had a good tv but  a flat screen and it was just not the same.

On the speech timing issue , I would say that mine is in time with the picture.

Edited by linwood buddie

you could also try networking to a Bluetooth speaker system closer to where you sit.  That way you can keep the volume down a bit and preserve the hearing a little more.

Soundbars need to be close to the telly and are usually turned up a we bit loud.  If you go for a soundbar make sure you have a decent sub-woofer integrated or as an additional item.  Again, having the low-frequency noise separate leads to better sound quality and allows you to keep the volume down-but you'll know this from you DJ days. Maybe BillyG can come round and set his kit up in your living room.

I got a cheap one out of Argos a few years ago, something like £80.00, was well worth it, couple of issues at the beginning but was quite easy to fix. ie. speech timing issue. I'm currently looking at a new home cinema system:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/dvd-blu-ray-and-home-cinema/home-cinema-systems-and-sound-bars/panasonic-sc-btt405ebk-5-1-smart-3d-blu-ray-dvd-home-cinema-system-22094666-pdt.html

If you have any issues you should be able to find the answer on the makers Forum. 

Good luck and let us know what you choose

Guest TPAFKATS
I bought a bose soundbar a couple of years ago. Think it's about £150, certainly at the bottom of their product price range. Would recommend
Seems to be £230 for the bose solo 5. Either a new version or just gone up in price, I never paid that for it.

I wouldn't spend a lot of money to link a soundbar to a sky box.  The problem is the quality of the sky audio output, it's shocking.  I tried (borrowed) a John Lewis branded one, probably an LG model which a family member bought a few years ago and compared it to a Tecevo from Amazon (around £50) that I used on my PC.  There was no discernable difference so I put the the Tecevo one on the TV and use it daily as the dear wife has an inherited slow hearing loss and seems OK with her digi hearing aids.  It also has bluetooth so I can play music through it without bothering with the wifi speaker.

Ordered the Q Acoustics  soundbar  they make good hifi speakers plus this bar is almost half price from when it first came out.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acoustics-Media-Soundbar-Built-Subwoofer/dp/B00L1ZR7EK/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MXTF7KPT2E5X4D3TB7YR