St Mirren v Kilmarnock 20th October

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

They are looking for more tickets apparently - do we have an option  at such notice to do so (I don't think we do). Seems it will be one rule for the two cheeks and another for all the rest as is the norm with the subservient 40 clubs in Scotland.

Wouldn't it be dependant on how many extra? 

I agree it probably wouldn't be considered but if it's only a small amount surely it's not worth considering the same arrangements made for the OF? 

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wouldn't it be dependant on how many extra? 

I agree it probably wouldn't be considered but if it's only a small amount surely it's not worth considering the same arrangements made for the OF? 

From what I can gather from Killie fans at my work they are used to being able to turn up in Paisley and buy a ticket from the booths pre match despite advanced sales and Killie seem concerned that many will travel expecting this.  That was OK when we had the West stand overspill section but it seems with just the traditional away stand they have sold them all in advance. Even a few hundred would be welcome extra revenue but we can't go moving our own supporters at this short notice.  Short sighted given Killie have regularly brought more than the one stand holds but that's the problem now with ST's sold at the end previously used as overspill.  As was said before where do we draw the line when it comes to allocating two stands to away supports - it appears it's the OF only.

If nothing else it ensures Ricky can enjoy an even bigger pre match crowd wank than he normally does and that's saying something !!!

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

From what I can gather from Killie fans at my work they are used to being able to turn up in Paisley and buy a ticket from the booths pre match despite advanced sales and Killie seem concerned that many will travel expecting this.  That was OK when we had the West stand overspill section but it seems with just the traditional away stand they have sold them all in advance. Even a few hundred would be welcome extra revenue but we can't go moving our own supporters at this short notice.  Short sighted given Killie have regularly brought more than the one stand holds but that's the problem now with ST's sold at the end previously used as overspill.  As was said before where do we draw the line when it comes to allocating two stands to away supports - it appears it's the OF only.

Agree there seems to be a lack of foresight but I'm still unsure, even if it was a few hundred, that would be sufficient numbers to consider moving our support. 

6 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Bad news, Willie Collum is the ref for Saturday, assisted by the wee Tory runt Douglas Ross. 

I hope Ross is on the west stand side so I can shout abuse at him. Need to bring the weans ear muffs.

Pass your insults onto the 2 devil wimmin, I'm sure they'll be glad to pass them on, and some. 

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

If nothing else it ensures Ricky can enjoy an even bigger pre match crowd wank than he normally does and that's saying something !!!

Loving it Ayrshire.  Great to see so many away fans coming to games in Paisley.  Helps create atmosphere and increases revenue.  Can only be good. 

On 10/11/2018 at 4:31 PM, shull said:
On 10/11/2018 at 3:40 PM, Qarsaan said:

Thank you to all who liked my post earlier.  The wee Qarsaans (Scott and Steve Gray) leave with me for UK this coming weekend and  might just become mascots Vs. Killie. Let's all hope they have a great day and help bring us a win.

Do the Mascot thing. 

My daughter done it for the Livy match this Season. 

One of the best days of her life, she said. Was absolutely thrilled to meet her hero, Stephen McGinn who was outstanding with her. 

Brilliant day, despite the result. 

Stop making out you have a heart or give a damn, I thought all Taxi drivers had it removed and a meter installed.  :P

Worrying times.

at this moment i guess most of us would consider getting out of the game with the point we started with as a decent outcome? The trouble is even though we are up against high flying Killie, we need to get wins at home to stand any chance of staying in this league, and still being in touch come the split!

home wins are a minimum for us regardless of the opponent. Twice against ten men (home/away) we havent been able to create chances despite our numerical advantage. Our midfield just cant get a grip on a game. I expect our defence to be stronger again given the break to address fitness and working as a unit. Up front, although Jackson adds quality, he needs a strong midfield to feed him, and probably Mullen if fit playing just behind. Our midfield havent showed up yet, when Magennis is back that will be a boost, but it doesnt half show up the impact Morgan and Magennis had in our side compared to last season.

watching last nights Scotland u21 game highlighted the work Morgan gets through by always being an out for his defence, and a driver in midfield. Would we have won, or won so comfortably the league last season without him? Imo i dont think we would. We lost our best defender in Davis, our best midfielder in Morgan and our top scorer in Reilly. I dont think you can underestimate the impact that has had on us.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Worrying times.

at this moment i guess most of us would consider getting out of the game with the point we started with as a decent outcome? The trouble is even though we are up against high flying Killie, we need to get wins at home to stand any chance of staying in this league, and still being in touch come the split!

home wins are a minimum for us regardless of the opponent. Twice against ten men (home/away) we havent been able to create chances despite our numerical advantage. Our midfield just cant get a grip on a game. I expect our defence to be stronger again given the break to address fitness and working as a unit. Up front, although Jackson adds quality, he needs a strong midfield to feed him, and probably Mullen if fit playing just behind. Our midfield havent showed up yet, when Magennis is back that will be a boost, but it doesnt half show up the impact Morgan and Magennis had in our side compared to last season.

watching last nights Scotland u21 game highlighted the work Morgan gets through by always being an out for his defence, and a driver in midfield. Would we have won, or won so comfortably the league last season without him? Imo i dont think we would. We lost our best defender in Davis, our best midfielder in Morgan and our top scorer in Reilly. I dont think you can underestimate the impact that has had on us.

I agree with this. 

Morgan was real quality and has been sorely missed this season. I also look at some of the games he pretty much dragged us through last year that won us vital points at vital times, QOS away when down 2-0 springs to mind and we won 3-2. He was involved in all that was good that game feeding opportunities. 

Hopefully, when fit, Hammill can add that bit of quality to replace what we miss in Morgan and Magennis can come back fighting fit. My cocnern is the rest of the midfield is lacking physically and thats what we are struggling with.