St Mirren v Kilmarnock 20th October

7 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

St Mirren 1 - Kilmarnock 2 - another better performance from us and another goal scored giving some grounds for optimism despite the result and Top Cat to  point out again that OK's record in the league is worse than Stubbs' record in the league as well as saying Stubbsy's team played Killie off the park 0-0 earlier in the season.

You forgot you mentioning Stubbs as many times as possible. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think we could line up as:

Samson

Hodson Baird Ferdinand P McGinn 

S McGinn 

Edwards Willock Flynn

Mullen (Hammill)

Jackson

doubt Oran will risk Hammill from the start, probably give him an injection at half time for a sub appearance. Jamison and McPhearson to feature from the bench.

Cammy Smith?

Bench again i reckon. He.  Has spat the dummy out being played further back, so theres no way he 'll displace a fit in form Jackson.

Remember the big fury everywhere when Stubbs dropped Smith?

Seems Kearney agrees with Alan, Cammy’s not all that and I hope and suspect that he won’t start today. He’s been awful this season.

As for the game, trying to be optimistic.... but. Anyone remember what it feels like to win? Been over 2 months now.

Killie are certainly better than us and rightly big favourites. After the last 3 games I would probably settle for a point just to stop this interminable rot.

0-0

Really need to try and get our season back on track , and I'm hoping today is the day. If we can manage to score first for a change today, I can see that possibly having a different affect on our all round performance. There should be a freshness after the break , so fingers crossed. 

Get intae them. 

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Remember the big fury everywhere when Stubbs dropped Smith?

Seems Kearney agrees with Alan, Cammy’s not all that 

0-0

Starting early today! Normally you wait until we go a goal down before you start laying in to our best players.

Stubbs dropped Cammy and then suggested in a post match interview he was going to release him. At the same time as looking for funds to bring in Kenny Miller. I don't think anyone is ever furious at a player being dropped or rested for a bit, Stubbs wider pattern of incompetence was the source of the anger.

Cammy Smith is one of the principal reasons we won the league last season. He has been absolutely tremendous since he joined us, and has a great attitude. These stories of him "spitting the dummy" are just complete made up pish.

Final thought, I need to stop being so gullible and replying to this nonsense.

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Starting early today! Normally you wait until we go a goal down before you start laying in to our best players.

Stubbs dropped Cammy and then suggested in a post match interview he was going to release him. At the same time as looking for funds to bring in Kenny Miller. I don't think anyone is ever furious at a player being dropped or rested for a bit, Stubbs wider pattern of incompetence was the source of the anger.

Cammy Smith is one of the principal reasons we won the league last season. He has been absolutely tremendous since he joined us, and has a great attitude. These stories of him "spitting the dummy" are just complete made up pish.

Agree. Put it out there. Smith is a great player. He is trying to play a new system being part of an attacking 4 last year. I have no doubt he will have a good career and really hope its with us....

I'd like to see us try playing 2 holding mids and 3 attacking mids today. 

Cammy Smith and Jackson could cause them problems on the counter, can see Killie having a fair amount of the ball, will be keen to dominate the match which could work in our favour...

For someone who’s supposedly got me on ignore you fair quote plenty of my posts. What a state to get yourself in [emoji38]

Smith is an excellent championship player. However, we play in the Premiership. Two separate managers who know more about football than both of us have seen fit to drop him from the first 11 this season.

Never heard of him spitting the dummy incidentally, my issue with him has how terrible he’s been on the pitch. He’s an attacking player who’s returned a whopping 0 goals and 0 assists in the 8 league appearances this season. No wonder he’s out the team!

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

For someone who’s supposedly got me on ignore you fair quote plenty of my posts. What a state to get yourself in emoji38.png

Smith is an excellent championship player. However, we play in the Premiership. Two separate managers who know more about football than both of us have seen fit to drop him from the first 11 this season.

Never heard of him spitting the dummy incidentally, my issue with him has how terrible he’s been on the pitch. He’s an attacking player who’s returned a whopping 0 goals and 0 assists in the 8 league appearances this season. No wonder he’s out the team!

Apart from the one for Simeon Jackson v Aberdeen.

As you say, what a state to get yourself in.:wink: