St Mirren v Kilmarnock 20th October

FT 1-2

Think we deserved to lose that over the piece. It was an even first half separated by a freak goal and Killie were much better second half.

Wasn’t sure if their second was over the line, but we can’t be giving free headers 6 yards out and expecting not to concede.

Our main problem is we aren’t any good going forward, at the back or tactically. We also don’t look interested.

We weren’t any good under Stubbs, but remarkably we have managed to get worse since he left. Stubbs drew at Rugby Park in our first competitive game of the season, and he actually won a league game, oh for those halycon days. He returned more points from his 4 league games than Oran has from his 5.

Now we have lost 4 on the spin under Kearney, the only time we he didn’t lose was against a team who had 10 men for an hour, where we managed to scrape a 0-0.

Barring a miracle and/or Dundee continuing to be worse than us, we will be relegated.

Very good 1st half from us but very poor 2nd again injuries don’t help us out.

Thought their 2nd was over the line and also thought Jackson was onside for our 2nd was hard to tell though hopefully bbc will have a decent angle of it.

Only thing I’m pretty disappointed in was the substitutions thought jones coming in a cb would of been the better choice don’t like mcginn at cb and didn’t believe willock should of went off.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

FT 1-2

Think we deserved to lose that over the piece. It was an even first half separated by a freak goal and Killie were much better second half.

Wasn’t sure if their second was over the line, but we can’t be giving free headers 6 yards out and expecting not to concede.

Our main problem is we aren’t any good going forward, at the back or tactically. We also don’t look interested.

We weren’t any good under Stubbs, but remarkably we have managed to get worse since he left. Stubbs drew at Rugby Park in our first competitive game of the season, and he actually won a league game, oh for those halycon days. He returned more points from his 4 league games than Oran has from his 5.

Now we have lost 4 on the spin under Kearney, the only time we he didn’t lose was against a team who had 10 men for an hour, where we managed to scrape a 0-0.

Barring a miracle and/or Dundee continuing to be worse than us, we will be relegated.

You were at a different game mate. We competed well today. Some excellent performances against a very good Killie side. Goal disallowed, lost big Anton and had to contend with a shite ref. The team showed a lot of passion today.

You were at a different game mate. We competed well today. Some excellent performances against a very good Killie side. Goal disallowed, lost big Anton and had to contend with a shite ref. The team showed a lot of passion today.

Were you happy with that? Really? Passion, when?

Remarkably low expectations. If you’re ok with losing at home to Kilmarnock fair enough, personally I’m looking for more.

Our disallowed goal was clearly offside. I’ve not seen their goal again but I think that was over the line too. If it proves to be, what other major decisions do you think Collum got wrong?

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Remarkably low expectations. If you’re ok with losing at home to Kilmarnock fair enough, personally I’m looking for more.

Our disallowed goal was clearly offside. I’ve not seen their goal again but I think that was over the line too. If it proves to be, what other major decisions do you think Collum got wrong?

When you starting the Sack Oran Thread ?

4 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Very good 1st half from us but very poor 2nd again injuries don’t help us out.

Thought their 2nd was over the line and also thought Jackson was onside for our 2nd was hard to tell though hopefully bbc will have a decent angle of it.

Only thing I’m pretty disappointed in was the substitutions thought jones coming in a cb would of been the better choice don’t like mcginn at cb and didn’t believe willock should of went off.

Willock had tired, correct call to take him off. We were getting overrun.

It was an excellent first half performance. Only an utter moron (you'll find them above) would look at this team and not say we are making great progress under Kearney.

BUT - we got horsed at Hamilton because we had Cammy at right back, McGinn at centre half...and it happened again today. We need some cover at centre back, we can't go to that set up when Baird or Ferdinand get injured.

A lot of good performances today though, we will start picking up the wins in the next run of easier fixtures.

Good to be a Buddie again!

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Collum made plenty mistakes. Fell for the injured head con trick at Hammills free kick in the first half and Killie then nearly scored - result book Samson. Dished out yellows for dissent but let plenty late tackles go. Foul by Boyd at the end - free kick to Boyd. Collum was crap today. And plenty passion for me. No one in the stripes chucked it  I will happily be back.

16 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

St Mirren 1 - Kilmarnock 2 - another better performance from us and another goal scored giving some grounds for optimism despite the result and Top Cat to  point out again that OK's record in the league is worse than Stubbs' record in the league as well as saying Stubbsy's team played Killie off the park 0-0 earlier in the season.

Not a bad prediction.

Clearly offside behave yourself I’ve seen the replay 3 times and there’s nothing clearly about it.

Jackson missed the best chance of the game in the 2nd

For you saying killie deserved the win I don’t remember them missing a chance even close to that they had a lot of the ball 2nd half but created very little.

Ferdinand going off and mcginn playing center back clearly had a big impact we didn’t look as comfortable at the back.

A draw would of been a fair result we were better in the 1st half they were better in the 2nd.

Had previous manager been in charge I’d of been putting killie to win -2 today so it’s a huge improvement.

It’s a much better killie line up that we face in the very 1st game of the season in much more competitive circumstances ridiculous to even try and compare the both but nothing is really surprising with the negative pish you’ve been posting today.

1 easy lesson how to grab defeat from the jaws of victory. 1st half decent performance. But 2nd Ferdinand goes off and they fall to pieces. Lost their shape. Work rate in the 2nd half was zero. Nothing upfront. Midfield powder puff. Back 4 done well till AF went off and the panic set in. OK subs were a bit baffling considering were chasing the game. High balls all day up to 2 small forwards. Baffling. As Willie Collum. Anybody who was there will know how bad he is. He made a mockery of the game. Poor defeat.

Willock had tired, correct call to take him off. We were getting overrun.

It looked like they all came out tired willock was the best player in the midfield today imo

Flynn or mcginn should of made way today for me if we were looking to add abit more energy to the midfield.

Ferdinand going off injured certainly didn’t help matters on how we came out early in the 2nd either the team looked more nervous

4 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

What's the problem with Willock's fitness? He hasn't looked capable of playing 90 minutes yet and we've had him most of the season.

I thought he was brilliant today. Loads of lung busting runs with the ball and tracking back. Just ran out of steam. Could be very important for us this season. I thought Hodson, Willock, Baird, Hammill all excellent. Decent game from big Sammy as well.

Edited by magnus