St Mirren v Kilmarnock 20th October

5 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Only if your biased. Which many on here clearly are. Its a goal and we should get over it. 

The linesman got this right.

Can I ask how you came to that conclusion ? I have not said one way or the other having watched the highlights as of yet cameras don't show one way or the other if the ball crossed the line. 

22 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can I ask how you came to that conclusion ? I have not said one way or the other having watched the highlights as of yet cameras don't show one way or the other if the ball crossed the line. 

The picture on this thread shows it. Samson's left hand is way behind the line and he's pushing the ball out. 

Anyway the linesman get one view at it and from what he saw of it, he thought it was in. End of

We were beating by a better side yesterday and as a club they were a benchmark as to where we can and should be aiming to get too. That's the lesson to learn from yesterday.

Not  disappearing up you backside over whether the second goal was over the line or not. The history books won't change the fact it was a goal 

Edited by lenziebud

17 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

The picture on this thread shows it. Samson's left hand is way behind the line and he's pushing the ball out. 

I bow to Ross' superior eyesight.

The matter of the "offside" goal still went against us.

Edited by FTOF

Anyway the linesman get one view at it and from what he saw of it, he thought it was in. End of
We were beating by a better side yesterday and as a club they were a benchmark as to where we can and should be aiming to get too. That's the lesson to learn from yesterday.
Not  disappearing up you backside over whether the second goal was over the line or not. The history books won't change the fact it was a goal 

The picture shows feck all you have no idea from that if the whole ball had crossed the line or not.

I believe it was over the line though from buddievision highlights although impossible to tell for definite

I also believe we had a good goal chopped off from camera angles I seen looked like Jackson was onside.

Kilmarnock are the better side but we competed very well with them yesterday imo deserved at least a point we created better if not more chances than them.

Injuries yet again haven’t helped our cause either

21 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

1. Then send him back if he thinks playing players out of position is the better option no point him being on the bench if not going to use him when needed.

2. I like MacPherson but I think he’s struggled in recent games not quite ready for premiership football yet imo.

3. It didn’t work against Hamilton and didn’t work today hoping even Mackenzie is back soonish so we don’t have to see mcginn playing out of position at cb again.

1. Fully appreciate what you are saying - But sending him back at this point would leave us with less cover... If MaK was fit he would be gone I strongly suspect.. think even Heaton is injured and Alfie is behind him too probably.

2. I like him too - I think he is more naturally a midfielder also. There is the juggle of not being ready and getting some game time to help him to be ready... its the old need experience but how do you get it issue.  Like you I think he is not quite there yet, but due to other injuries, Oran believes he is the next best option for now..

3. Agreed… but all this time he is getting more game time - yes at a cost now - but hopefully it will pay in the longer term, but who knows...

Edited by Sweeper07

20 hours ago, TopCat said:

Thought DOP made a rare excellent post pre match. if only I’d read it beforehand I’d have been sure to alter my post match comments emoji6.png

Skimmed through the replies. Didn’t I say that I wasn’t sure Killies winner was over the line here? My copy pasting needs work. I haven’t seen it again and didn’t have a great view. I’m not sure, was it? If it wasn’t and Jackson’s was onside can we get back to blaming those big bad refs for these repeated losses?

What I am sure in is that we deserved to lose again today.

For those saying we have improved under Kearney, please, talk me through those improvements.

What has improved? The results certainly haven’t. The retort seems to be that yes the results are worse since Oran arrived (which is indisputably clear) but we are losing in a much more impressive manner than we used to lose!

Desperate stuff indeed. Particularly when the details of the matches involved are looked at. The current results are actually quite clearly worse than the Stubbs losses. Awkward.

Is the solution sacking Oran? No. He seems like a perfectly nice family guy who’s trying his level best. I feel sorry for him.

He’s a guy who has no idea what he’s doing. Of course he doesn’t, he’s never played or managed at this level before. He’s an ambitious part time manager from Northern Ireland who’s been thrown in at the deepest of deep ends.

Unsurprisingly, he’s sinking.

If you put a part timer from another country put into a full time position in any walk of life you can’t expect that it’s going to go well. This appointment was as high risk as it gets, and the people who made it are at fault. Sacking him solves nothing.

The question we need to ask now is, how bad do we let it get? Oran has went 5 games without a win. How many games without a win is too many? 10? 15? 20? If we are winless under him on the 31st of December (not unlikely given recent results and upcoming fixtures) does he get the January window?

Maybe he does. If we get relegated in 12th spot does he get the summer window? Maybe he does.

How long do we allow big bad Alan Stubbs to be the scapegoat for our current failures?

People talk about this being Stubbs team. Here’s some uncomfortable statistics for them: Today’s starting 11:

Youth product 1 (Baird)
Signed by Ross: 5 (Samson, McGinnx2, Mullen, Flynn)
Signed by Kearney 3 (Ferdinand, Jackson, Hammill)
Signed by Alan Stubbs 2 (Willock, Hodson)

Thought Hodson and Willock were two of our best players today! Point is, this side is at least as much Oran’s doing as it is Alan’s.

Regardless, this situation is not Oran Kearney’s fault. It’s not Jack Ross’s fault and it’s not Alan Stubbs fault either.

The people who are at fault for this shambles are Gordon Scott, Tony Fitzpatrick, Alan Wardrop, Chris Stewart and David Nicol.

David has already tendered his resignation, good.

I think the rest of them should follow suit.

Oh and@djchapsticks asked for this post to be dedicated to him giving me a hard time in the pub. emoji482.pngemoji16.png

You  spew out so much unadulterated crud that  you need to open your own sewage farm ............. at least then the crap you produce will be of some use to somebody.  B)

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Probably best just admitting that the officials were correct, thinking we were unlucky not to get a point and moving onto next game ! 

Willie Collum is a decent Referee.

Some fans just cannae take that we are a shite Team presently.

We are on the way back though.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Ridiculous decision to give Kilmarnock the goal there.

You just knew we would get shafted somehow when you saw that gimp's name down as ref.

The assistant referee gave the goal.

Not Mr Collum.

1 minute ago, shull said:

Willie Collum is a decent Referee.

Some fans just cannae take that we are a shite Team presently.

We are on the way back though.

Too much of a show off for me Shull. Loves to dish out cards for dissent to show how hard and important he is and his wee chats to the players go on way too long. Willie needs to realise he isn't the reason the fans turn up.

3 minutes ago, shull said:

The assistant referee gave the goal.

Not Mr Collum.

The assistant ref is a wee Tory runt though. He guessed it was over the line. Look at how he ran to the halfway line, his fecking leader has shown more decisiveness over Brexit than he did in that moment. Not good enough. Shafted again by a Tory, how many times has that happened to the people of Paisley?