St Mirren v Kilmarnock 20th October

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

The assistant ref is a wee Tory runt though. He guessed it was over the line. Look at how he ran to the halfway line, his fecking leader has shown more decisiveness over Brexit than he did in that moment. Not good enough. Shafted again by a Tory, how many times has that happened to the people of Paisley?

Pity he couldn't have pulled a Ruth Davidson 180. Shafted is right.

15 minutes ago, magnus said:

Too much of a show off for me Shull. Loves to dish out cards for dissent to show how hard and important he is and his wee chats to the players go on way too long. Willie needs to realise he isn't the reason the fans turn up.

Dinnae show dissent then.

Did you see that dumping Samson chasing after him ?

Edited by shull

6 minutes ago, Hendo said:

The assistant ref is a wee Tory runt though. He guessed it was over the line. Look at how he ran to the halfway line, his fecking leader has shown more decisiveness over Brexit than he did in that moment. Not good enough. Shafted again by a Tory, how many times has that happened to the people of Paisley?

Politics into Football

Why ?

Probably best just admitting that the officials were correct, thinking we were unlucky not to get a point and moving onto next game ! 

Really ? So I am not allowed to have my doubts based on what I have seen ?
I’m not saying it was or wasn’t a goal , I’m saying I am unconvinced . To just blindly say the officials were correct without proper evidence, is ridiculous. Are you really trying to say officials don’t make mistakes ?
Also , I’ve never said we were unlucky to get a point .

7 minutes ago, Hendo said:

We lost because we were beaten by a superior football Team.

You sound like a Sevco/Celtic fan. :lol:

51 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I think your guessing that he guessed ?.

For me it over the line and obvious and I'd expect a linesman to see it. 

All kind of abuse thrown at Collum and all wrong ?

Top football referee, refereeing at the top level in Europe every season along with the team of linesmen he had yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Top football referee, refereeing at the top level in Europe every season along with the team of linesmen he had yesterday. 

WC.  (Apt Initials some might think) did what a number of referees don't do and that was to listen to his assistant referees.  Having watched the TV footage, the first incident is still not clear to me.  I have to believe that the main stand side assistant referee made an honest call and leave it at that.  The second incident where we had a goal disallowed was,  I think, a mistake by the assistant referee on the West Stand side who called offside.  This one might come down to an interpretation of the rule.  Tough,  but we need to take heart from our performance and move on. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

Politics into Football

Why ?

Perhaps because the linesman who gave the goal is a unionist politician, and when he saw Boyd on the pitch, and heard what the Killie fans were singing he thought, jeeze, benefit of the doubt to The Queen’s 11 - goal!

Edited by Bobby_F

7 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Perhaps because the linesman who gave the goal is a unionist politician, and when he saw Boyd on the pitch, and heard what the Killie fans were singing he thought, jeeze, benefit of the doubt to The Queen’s 11 - goal!

What an amazing return to the Forum.. :lol:

:snore

21 minutes ago, shull said:

What an amazing return to the Forum.. :lol:

:snore

You asked a question, I answered it.

I’m sure you know exactly why the poster brought politics in to it.

I guess I should have posted how crap Sammy was, how poor value football is, comments about taxis, personal feuds with other posters etc etc etc almost 40,000 times.

9 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

You asked a question, I answered it.

I’m sure you know exactly why the poster brought politics in to it.

I guess I should have posted how crap Sammy was, how poor value football is, comments about taxis, personal feuds with other posters etc etc etc almost 40,000 times.

You have been missed on here .:snore

At least you never bypass my content, thanks x

13 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

emoji23.png shull and lenzie have to be aliases agreeing Willie Gollum is a decent ref

You’ll struggle to find another 2 football fans in Scotland that believe that

THE MASSES ARE ASSES :byebye

On 10/20/2018 at 10:15 PM, TopCat said:

Thought DOP made a rare excellent post pre match. if only I’d read it beforehand I’d have been sure to alter my post match comments emoji6.png

Skimmed through the replies. Didn’t I say that I wasn’t sure Killies winner was over the line here? My copy pasting needs work. I haven’t seen it again and didn’t have a great view. I’m not sure, was it? If it wasn’t and Jackson’s was onside can we get back to blaming those big bad refs for these repeated losses?

What I am sure in is that we deserved to lose again today.

For those saying we have improved under Kearney, please, talk me through those improvements.

What has improved? The results certainly haven’t. The retort seems to be that yes the results are worse since Oran arrived (which is indisputably clear) but we are losing in a much more impressive manner than we used to lose!

Desperate stuff indeed. Particularly when the details of the matches involved are looked at. The current results are actually quite clearly worse than the Stubbs losses. Awkward.

Is the solution sacking Oran? No. He seems like a perfectly nice family guy who’s trying his level best. I feel sorry for him.

He’s a guy who has no idea what he’s doing. Of course he doesn’t, he’s never played or managed at this level before. He’s an ambitious part time manager from Northern Ireland who’s been thrown in at the deepest of deep ends.

Unsurprisingly, he’s sinking.

If you put a part timer from another country put into a full time position in any walk of life you can’t expect that it’s going to go well. This appointment was as high risk as it gets, and the people who made it are at fault. Sacking him solves nothing.

The question we need to ask now is, how bad do we let it get? Oran has went 5 games without a win. How many games without a win is too many? 10? 15? 20? If we are winless under him on the 31st of December (not unlikely given recent results and upcoming fixtures) does he get the January window?

Maybe he does. If we get relegated in 12th spot does he get the summer window? Maybe he does.

How long do we allow big bad Alan Stubbs to be the scapegoat for our current failures?

People talk about this being Stubbs team. Here’s some uncomfortable statistics for them: Today’s starting 11:

Youth product 1 (Baird)
Signed by Ross: 5 (Samson, McGinnx2, Mullen, Flynn)
Signed by Kearney 3 (Ferdinand, Jackson, Hammill)
Signed by Alan Stubbs 2 (Willock, Hodson)

Thought Hodson and Willock were two of our best players today! Point is, this side is at least as much Oran’s doing as it is Alan’s.

Regardless, this situation is not Oran Kearney’s fault. It’s not Jack Ross’s fault and it’s not Alan Stubbs fault either.

The people who are at fault for this shambles are Gordon Scott, Tony Fitzpatrick, Alan Wardrop, Chris Stewart and David Nicol.

David has already tendered his resignation, good.

I think the rest of them should follow suit.

Oh and@djchapsticks asked for this post to be dedicated to him giving me a hard time in the pub. emoji482.pngemoji16.png

This could have been taken from the same point in Jack Ross' reign - do you never learn? 

Regarding the starting lineup, it's no coincidence that you spectacularly miss the point. It's the squad as a whole which is the problem - Kearney is picking from a poor squad left by Stubbs, supplemented by his own (OK's) free agent signings which have an been positive so far. 

Yep - you are clueless, and your post here is like a shining example of your level of posting. 

I look forward to "Oran Must Go..."... 

4 hours ago, shull said:
4 hours ago, Hendo said:

We lost because we were beaten by a superior football Team.

You sound like a Sevco/Celtic fan. :lol:

YOU sound like LPM, TC and Faraway, have a swallie and buy sum glesses  B)

Just watched the Livy highlights .

They seemed to be outstanding,

Worked like feck, got the ball in the Box, attack, attack attack.

No tippy tappy shite fitba.

Wish we were more like them.

Wish we had Martindale. ( He should be " MANAGER " of the Month. )

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Just watched the Livy highlights .

They seemed to be outstanding,

Worked like feck, got the ball in the Box, attack, attack attack.

No tippy tappy shite fitba.

Wish we were more like them.

Wish we had Martindale. ( He should be " MANAGER " of the Month. )

And this is relevant to this thread , how ?

I can understand supporters on here being exercised about Killie's second goal and our disallowed goal, but refs and linesmen (assistant refs, for the younger generation) sometimes make poor or wrong decisions, as we all know. Perhaps it was just our turn to be on the wrong end of them. Nothing to do with political affiliations, I'm sure. In any case, no amount of complaining is going to change a result which is already in the record books.

I think we should concentrate on the improvement in the team's general performance, which was considerable. So, let's get behind our new manager as he tries to improve the team further and move on to the next game, against St. Johnstone. We can reasonably expect to take something from this game if we play as we did for most of the game on Saturday.

9 hours ago, lenziebud said:

There is no way he could have been certain from where he was it was over the line. Even after Sportscene and countless replays no-one is sure. Yet the wee Tory runt was sure?.He guessed.