Jump to content

faraway saint

St Mirren v Kilmarnock 20th October

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Saints makeshift squad to surprise us all

Saints 3-1 Kilmarnock

Surprise? 

Kilmarnock are currently joint 3rd in a very strong top half of the league, I think some people are forgetting how good they are.

We could get something if they get someone sent off and we settle for a draw.

Anthings possible, I'd not bet on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 8:46 PM, Qarsaan said:

Looking forward to it.

My annual sojourn home to to see my Mum, and this time visiting Greenhill Road for their first time with the two wee Qarsaans. Wishing so much the team will turn in a win for my wee boys. They will be thrilled to bits.

 

Thank you to all who liked my post earlier.  The wee Qarsaans (Scott and Steve Gray) leave with me for UK this coming weekend and  might just become mascots Vs. Killie. Let's all hope they have a great day and help bring us a win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Surprise? 

Kilmarnock are currently joint 3rd in a very strong top half of the league, I think some people are forgetting how good they are.

We could get something if they get someone sent off and we settle for a draw.

Anthings possible, I'd not bet on it. 

As your not going we always have a chance :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Qarsaan said:

Thank you to all who liked my post earlier.  The wee Qarsaans (Scott and Steve Gray) leave with me for UK this coming weekend and  might just become mascots Vs. Killie. Let's all hope they have a great day and help bring us a win.

Do the Mascot thing. 

My daughter done it for the Livy match this Season. 

One of the best days of her life, she said. Was absolutely thrilled to meet her hero, Stephen McGinn who was outstanding with her. 

Brilliant day, despite the result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shull said:

Do the Mascot thing. 

My daughter done it for the Livy match this Season. 

One of the best days of her life, she said. Was absolutely thrilled to meet her hero, Stephen McGinn who was outstanding with her. 

Brilliant day, despite the result. 

She done well, not easy to find him recently. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Surprise? 

Kilmarnock are currently joint 3rd in a very strong top half of the league, I think some people are forgetting how good they are.

We could get something if they get someone sent off and we settle for a draw.

Anthings possible, I'd not bet on it. 

Yes Killie are 3rd - BUT they beat Dundee 2 v 1 only because they were given a penalty that should not have been given, and scored from it...

They are not invincible (He left years ago).:lol:      But they are 3rd and that means they pick up points.

Given we got a draw against Tic at home, and we now have Jackson, I think we can make a game of it. It will be tough but this one is hard to call. They will also be without the suspended Jordan "the diver" Jones - and he is a really decent player...

This is a game we could pick up 1 or 3 points in - and that is a realistic, but tough goal in this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

She done well, not easy to find him recently. :rolleyes:

Given that you only go to games on a freebie at Pitoddrie you seem to be extrapolating what you saw to cover all of the other games. 

Broken record,  I know,  but try going to home and other  away games and your opinion will carry more weight. 

SMCG is finding life tougher in this league,  all the players are.  Players need to "show" to receive the ball.  It's not all down to him, at least IMHO. 

PS.  Hope you enjoyed your break. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yes Killie are 3rd - BUT they beat Dundee 2 v 1 only because they were given a penalty that should not have been given, and scored from it...

They are not invincible (He left years ago).:lol:      But they are 3rd and that means they pick up points.

Given we got a draw against Tic at home, and we now have Jackson, I think we can make a game of it. It will be tough but this one is hard to call. They will also be without the suspended Jordan "the diver" Jones - and he is a really decent player...

This is a game we could pick up 1 or 3 points in - and that is a realistic, but tough goal in this one.

Aye, the bigger picture is they have scored 13 goals, conceding 7 and have beat Celtic.

As I said, it's football and there's plenty of shocks every season.

We've scored 4, conceded 17.

We're only 3/1, so suggests it's not a done deal.

Still wouldn't bet on us to win, Killie are 10/11. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, the bigger picture is they have scored 13 goals, conceding 7 and have beat Celtic.

As I said, it's football and there's plenty of shocks every season.

We've scored 4, conceded 17.

We're only 3/1, so suggests it's not a done deal.

Still wouldn't bet on us to win, Killie are 10/11. 

Mugs game.  There are reasons that bookies are rich.  Work it out. But.. It's your money to throw away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to life, back to reality...……………...

…………………..and the search for a backline that can go 90 minutes witout making a mistake continues.

Killie are a well organized unit and obviously favourites but I don't think we should consider them unbeatable.

I've been fairly critical of Josh Heaton's signing so far, obviously he wasn't ready to make the step up from Reality Show to proper football straight away but he's been on the bench for the last two defeats and if he's not worth a punt against Killie then he's at best (a distant) third choice.

As ever - COYS!

 

 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shull said:

HELLO HELLO WELL DONE THE KILLIE BOYS. 

For selling out our North Stand. 

They are looking for more tickets apparently - do we have an option  at such notice to do so (I don't think we do). Seems it will be one rule for the two cheeks and another for all the rest as is the norm with the subservient 40 clubs in Scotland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...