This painting will self destruct in 5 seconds.

Eric Arthur Blair

I thought the stunt had trebled the value, maybe I misread the article. Quite a lot of people were asking is the new owner still liable to make payment? I'd be speaking with my lawyer and suing Banksy.

Proving liability will be easy in this case as there is at least a shred of evidence.

8 hours ago, chalky1 said:

I thought the stunt had trebled the value, maybe I misread the article. Quite a lot of people were asking is the new owner still liable to make payment? I'd be speaking with my lawyer and suing Banksy.

Once he sold it to someone he passed over full ownership rights.

To then deliberately sabotage that product is no different from me selling someone my car and then trashing it with a chainsaw when they sell it on again.

It's not art. It's criminal vandalism.

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Once he sold it to someone he passed over full ownership rights.

To then deliberately sabotage that product is no different from me selling someone my car and then trashing it with a chainsaw when they sell it on again.

It's not art. It's criminal vandalism.

Totally agree Oaksoft,  plenty people on line stating that it is art. I don't see it as art unless it was all a publicity stunt and Banksy actually bidded for his own painting. I know how I would be feeling if it was me that purchased it and then someone decided to shread it.

8 hours ago, DougJamie said:

In short Banksy has found a way to make a lot of money out of the total " art darlings "

Good on him

Just because Banksy is not "one of them" doesn't mean he is automatically "one of you" so be careful who you White Knight as being on your side.

People like Banksy are all about themselves.

9 hours ago, chalky1 said:

Totally agree Oaksoft,  plenty people on line stating that it is art. I don't see it as art unless it was all a publicity stunt and Banksy actually bidded for his own painting. I know how I would be feeling if it was me that purchased it and then someone decided to shread it.

You might be right about it being a stunt but that just means that Banksy is as much of a self indulgent prick as the people he publicly claims to loathe. It's all pretty tawdry and I can't think of a scenario where Banksy comes out of this looking like anything other than an attention whore who is too afraid to unmask himself and face the consequences of his actions.

Edited by oaksoft