Supporting the Saints

Reading about the team in newspapers,  Buying a Season Ticket or Match Tickets were how we showed our support for the club.  We can still do these but we can now  follow the club online,  through social media,  by helping to buy the club,  St Mirren TV,  Buddievision,  Buy a Brick,  Buy a Seat Plaque, 1877 Club,  St Mirren Branded Clothes and Goods plus Pay for Parking.  We can use the Dome or go to Hospitality or even a Golf Day.  Buying our match day Pie and Bovril also add to the coffers.  Even watching the team on Sky or BT helps.  Are we missing and avenues or do we have too many?  Are we aiming at the right audiences? 

Edited by St.Ricky

36 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Reading about the team in newspapers,  Buying a Season Ticket or Match Tickets were how we showed our support for the club.  We can still do these but we can now  follow the club online,  through social media,  by helping to buy the club,  St Mirren TV,  Buddievision,  Buy a Brick,  Buy a Seat Plaque and Pay for Parking.  We can use the Dome or go to Hospitality or even a Golf Day.  Buying our match day Pie and Bovril also add to the coffers.  Even watching the team on Sky or BT helps.  Are we missing and avenues or do we have too many? 

We give the Club too much money. 

Fecking waste stacks of it on shite players, managers salaries, etc. 

Time for all Clubs to slash admission prices to a tenner or under. 

Ye seen the price of a Fecking Tile for the Wall. 

2 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

The issue isn't how those of us who already contribute considerable sums to the club can further spend but how do we manage to attract the funds from other parts of the populace.

I guess it's about both.  Every organisation attempts to cross sell to existing customers.

As for involving others... Ideas? 

Edited by St.Ricky

3 hours ago, shull said:

We give the Club too much money. 

Fecking waste stacks of it on shite players, managers salaries, etc. 

Time for all Clubs to slash admission prices to a tenner or under. 

Ye seen the price of a Fecking Tile for the Wall. 

I agree with all of the above here. The price of following your club home and away is getting ridiculous, a can go and spend £30 on a Saturday and that's admission price and a meal for me and my 2 kids, going to a game I'm £60 odds an away game I'm closer to the £100 Mark.

1 hour ago, jkd said:

I agree with all of the above here. The price of following your club home and away is getting ridiculous, a can go and spend £30 on a Saturday and that's admission price and a meal for me and my 2 kids, going to a game I'm £60 odds an away game I'm closer to the £100 Mark.

A lot of money.  Help me out here.  Doesn't the club have special deals for families?

18 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I guess it's about both.  Every organisation attempts to cross sell to existing customers.

As for involving others... Ideas? 

I'm sure we have a commercial department for that type of thing?, I am not a businessman, however, with your extensive contacts and well travelled experience of the commercial world perhaps you would like to profer your suggestions rather than the usual bland statement followed by an invite to others to give theirs?

4 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

I'm sure we have a commercial department for that type of thing?, I am not a businessman, however, with your extensive contacts and well travelled experience of the commercial world perhaps you would like to profer your suggestions rather than the usual bland statement followed by an invite to others to give theirs?

SS.  I have done so elsewhere on the Forum on more than one occassion.  Simply put.. We need to make better use of the link between Club (Profit Making Ltd Co) and SMISA the Charitable Company which is Acquiring the majority shareholding in the club.  Each are doing fine thanks on their own but they are not able,  so far,  to collaborate on Capital Investment which can be Soft Funded in order to provide both Community Benefit and Increase Revenue for the club.  There are then numerous options which others and myself have suggested which become viable. 

16 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Ok, so why another thread when this has clearly been debated at length elsewhere?

Fair point. As you said there are many ways to support the club.  It is approaching Christmas.  People might  feel generous.  They might buy a Brick,  buy a Seat Plaque or Pay a Buddievision Subscription.  A personal example:My 18 year old St Mirren Supporting Grandson from  Edinburgh has just started Uni in Glasgow.  His dad bought him a season ticket and I have signed him up for the 1877 club. These are small things that individual supporters can do.  That is the prime purpose of this thread but, as some rightly point out,  these are aimed at existing supporters.  Are there any ideas on how the club or each of us as fans do to bring in more? 

Edited by St.Ricky