Robbie Neilson to Dundee Utd

Along with Boring Boring Brendan and Dull & Dreary Derek , Neilson is one of the most boring, tedious and dull interviewees on the fecking planet.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think I'll give Sportsound a miss before and after matches

What's the chances of trying to avoid those 3 above ? :snore

17 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Did he know that their would be a vacancy at United coming up when he was approached by Saints? Or was there some other reason for him using a large barge pole to distance himself from our managers job? 

I suspect he bottled out of following on from the huge success of Jack Ross. Easier to take a gig as successor to an absolute dud such as Laszlo.

8 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

What was said at the time?

he took a look at the squad, a look at the budget and balanced that against the challenge.  Shrewdly,  he decided to pass on the offer of a hiding to nothing

If that was the case, let's see how he gets on at Utd. Anything less than promotion will be deemed a failure. 

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

If that was the case, let's see how he gets on at Utd. Anything less than promotion will be deemed a failure. 

A far easier challenge and at a club that, unlike ours, knows how to survive in the premiership 

really, none of the potential bottom 2 sides will be able to safely negotiate the play offs so there are potentially 2 very realistic chances for promotion

5 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

A far easier challenge and at a club that, unlike ours, knows how to survive in the premiership 

really, none of the potential bottom 2 sides will be able to safely negotiate the play offs so there are potentially 2 very realistic chances for promotion

What have I missed ? :lol:

7 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

There's a small flaw to your argument. 

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Did he know that their would be a vacancy at United coming up when he was approached by Saints? Or was there some other reason for him using a large barge pole to distance himself from our managers job? 

He was still being paid being MK...

Neilson was on Sportsound last week and was asked why he didn't take the St Mirren job. He said the Club had unrealistic expectations considering the budget they had. As he thought the expectations were totally unrealistic the only person that would be sacrificed  when they were not met would be the manager. His dad is a season ticket holder and wanted his son to take the job but Neilson reckoned he was on a hiding to nothing. Reading between the lines I think Tony's talk of 'a top 4 club' and potential League winners put him off.

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Neilson was on Sportsound last week and was asked why he didn't take the St Mirren job. He said the Club had unrealistic expectations considering the budget they had. As he thought the expectations were totally unrealistic the only person that would be sacrificed  when they were not met would be the manager. His dad is a season ticket holder and wanted his son to take the job but Neilson reckoned he was on a hiding to nothing. Reading between the lines I think Tony's talk of 'a top 4 club' and potential League winners put him off.

I worry for Oran... i can see the board blaming their pick again if things continue to slide, and ditching him early in line with their cheap contract pay off clause.

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yes I heard that also on the radio. We have Oran I'm quite happy with our load which will take time. 

12 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I am in total agreement with this..

I do wish Fitz would grab a glass and spend his days talking about the good times. He should NOT be part of the present times.

Fed up with his Premiership Title by 2019, Top 4, Top 6, We are Leicester pish

Just makes the whole club look stupid,

Seriously I wish he would do one

I think Oran will be here a while , he faces a monumental task to try and keep us up and I can't , at this stage , see him being able to do that. Which means that after his good times at Coleraine , he's more than likely going to have a relegation on his CV. IMO he'll get the chance to get us back up again with his own team !

I too think OK will be here for a while yet. We have a massive squad yet many are not fit for purpose and some on 2 and 3 year deals. It will take some effort to change this squad around and will take more than the January window. I still harbour some hope as Dundee seem as pish as us.

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

They actually said that about the last bloke, who got fewer games, and now a better record than OK, as has Rae..!

You dont think they'll hesitate to can him come January if we are more or less winless between now and then?

It's already been pointed out Stubbs signings were in the reserve team ( RESERVE TEAM ) and could not win their game. For me Jackson will score goals , brought in by Oran. Jamieson promoted to the first team squad looks a real prospect, brought in by Oran. Hammill looks a good prospect. Ferdinand is also a good signing.  That's four players in three weeks. It's going to take time but there is green shoots. 

9 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's already been pointed out Stubbs signings were in the reserve team ( RESERVE TEAM ) and could not win their game. For me Jackson will score goals , brought in by Oran. Jamieson promoted to the first team squad looks a real prospect, brought in by Oran. Hammill looks a good prospect. Ferdinand is also a good signing.  That's four players in three weeks. It's going to take time but there is green shoots. 

Yeah those guys in the reserve team got a draw, and win on pens against Killie, and beat Dundee. Whats your point? They have achieved more than the players from last season who keep crying anytime anyone asks them to step up!

take Kpwenka out of it and the problem isnt with the newbies, its with the guys who were already on the books not being up to premiership standard..! We saw that whenever they came up against a premiership team, we also saw them finnish the season poorly only winning two of the last seven. One of them a lucky 1-0 against Brechin.

Ross knew this and took his get out option when it arrived. OK only started three outfield players from last season on Saturday, one of them (Baird) wasnt a first pick, another (Flynn) was a later addition. Jack knew it was time to Jump!

You are heaping too much expectation on young Jamieson. He will like all young players stepping up have real troughs in his performances as he really learns his profession. 

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah those guys in the reserve team got a draw, and win on pens against Killie, and beat Dundee. Whats your point? They have achieved more than the players from last season who keep crying anytime anyone asks them to step up!

take Kpwenka out of it and the problem isnt with the newbies, its with the guys who were already on the books not being up to premiership standard..! We saw that whenever they came up against a premiership team, we also saw them finnish the season poorly only winning two of the last seven. One of them a lucky 1-0 against Brechin.

Ross knew this and took his get out option when it arrived. 

For me you have a negative out look on many subjects.  Fine that's your prerogative will just agree to disagree.  None of us think this is going to be a easy season just that most know it's a building project so fingers crossed.  

20 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I too think OK will be here for a while yet. We have a massive squad yet many are not fit for purpose and some on 2 and 3 year deals. It will take some effort to change this squad around and will take more than the January window. I still harbour some hope as Dundee seem as pish as us.

Others are just not fit.

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

For me you have a negative out look on many subjects.  Fine that's your prerogative will just agree to disagree.  None of us think this is going to be a easy season just that most know it's a building project so fingers crossed.  

Read my edit....

hey if you can tell us what the positives are now we'd would, I'm sure all love to hear them. My pragmatic point, which is neither negative, or positive is its not a building job, we arent there yet... its a demolition thats required, where hopefully OK will get the time to perhaps salvage the few bits of quality he has brought, and then be able to build again.