Robbie Neilson to Dundee Utd

5 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

4  seasons out of the top league out of the last 45 or so and a series of top six finishes before their recent-ish drop would suggest they are far better equipped for life in the top league than St Mirren are.  

But you knew that anyway.

Indeed and they have had the same players and manager for the last 45 years. 

Unbelievable post :lol:

Why are Queens Park not winning everything in Scotland still ? 

And competing well, in the FA Cup.

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Read my edit....

hey if you can tell us what the positives are now we'd would, I'm sure all love to hear them. My pragmatic point, which is neither negative, or positive is its not a building job, we arent there yet... its a demolition thats required, where hopefully OK will get the time to perhaps salvage the few bits of quality he has brought, and then be able to build again.

The positives are.........................

We are 11th in the Top League having won the League. Dundee Utd are mid table Championship................... with basically no chance of automatic promotion

10 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

We are 11th in the Top League having won the League. Dundee Utd are mid table Championship................... with basically no chance of automatic promotion

A. What the feck have Dun Utd got to do with us?

B. Strangely enough, last season is in the past, its now thats urgent and important!

Well I most certainly wanted Robbie initially.As a young boy he did attend the final in 87 and really as much as I love Tony he has to stop the silly talk.Stubbs appointment clearly was a disaster in every aspect you just have to look at the reserve side yesterday.He simply had to go I believe we had only two of his signings in the starting line up at Aberdeen.I have been unable to take up my seat in the main stand due to having an operation recently but I am firmly behind Oran and we have to give him time and our full support.Should we be relegated it won’t be his fault it would be due to the disastrous recruitment policy of the previous manager can’t help but feel however that Gordon and Tony might just have seen the light just a little bit earlier in the way he treated members of the squad who gave us such great time just a few months ago.COYS.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

A. What the feck have Dun Utd got to do with us?

B. Strangely enough, last season is in the past, its now thats urgent and important!

Read the fecking title of the thread???

Its just you that given any chance will come on here and spout your neg pish as per !!

Away and start a thread " Doom Gloom and we are Shite " - That should make u happy and just as popular as you already are   

33 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

United could see their position with Ayr reversed in 4 fixtures, They still have a good chance of automatic promotion, especially if you consider Ayr's best players could be gone by the middle of January (possibly to United, if they have any sense)

6 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

United could see their position with Ayr reversed in 4 fixtures, They still have a good chance of automatic promotion, especially if you consider Ayr's best players could be gone by the middle of January (possibly to United, if they have any sense)

So they could. I was thinking more of the Highland challenge, is Robbie really that great a manager ! Sacked by MK 

Hey we could win our next 4 and be 6th :whistle

8 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

And exactly where will Dundee Utd (threat of administration mentioned again by some football media this week) get the money to buy a red hot Shank's amongst others?  It must be costing them a fortune in wages already. If they don't get promoted (think Highland teams will do so) then they will go bust.

4 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

And exactly where will Dundee Utd (threat of administration mentioned again by some football media this week) get the money to buy a red hot Shank's amongst others?  It must be costing them a fortune in wages already. If they don't get promoted (think Highland teams will do so) then they will go bust.

Shanks will be heading down south. My guess - Swansea.

39 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Read the fecking title of the thread???

Its just you that given any chance will come on here and spout your neg pish as per !!

Away and start a thread " Doom Gloom and we are Shite " - That should make u happy and just as popular as you already are   

Same old, same old....

thats part of oûr problem..! People dont want to consider their heroes  of last season finished poorly, and couldnt live with bog standard premiership teams. And now this season Ross, Stubbs and Oran have/are trying to shift as many of them as possible to start again.

Out of our championship winning squad of last season... how many players has Ross tried to take with him to (a mûch derided on here) english league one..? And he knows them inside out..! Surely even you can smell the coffee there?

46 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Administration or the threat of it,  is not the end for clubs but often a new beginning.  Hearts are top of the Premiership.  (Beaten at the  weekend by a club that went into Liquidation!).  There are plenty of people around United with money but they want power (Read GLS for St Mirren) before they will make their financial moves.  It took 7 years for the club here to be sold.  

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Administration or the threat of it,  is not the end for clubs but often a new beginning.  Hearts are top of the Premiership.  (Beaten at the  weekend by a club that went into Liquidation!).  There are plenty of people around United with money but they want power (Read GLS for St Mirren) before they will make their financial moves.  It took 7 years for the club here to be sold.  

Hearts weren't beaten by a Team that went into liquidation. 

How can that possibly happen ? 

That Team is as dead as a fecking dodo.

Dinnae fall for their shite. 

Brand new Club called Sevco FC (2012) 

I will keep you right. 

:)

Just now, shull said:

Hearts weren't beaten by a Team that went into liquidation. 

How can that possibly happen ? 

That Team is as dead as a fecking dodo.

Dinnae fall for their shite. 

Brand new Club called Sevco FC (2012) 

I will keep you right. 

:)

I was waiting for that explosion!  You make my point for me.  Administration and Liquidation were once the End for Clubs.  Not now it seems. 

As long as "football debts" are paid then the rest of the creditors can go to hell. 

Makes these situations attractive to people with money in the Bank.  They weren't before. 

17 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I was waiting for that explosion!  You make my point for me.  Administration and Liquidation were once the End for Clubs.  Not now it seems. 

As long as "football debts" are paid then the rest of the creditors can go to hell. 

Makes these situations attractive to people with money in the Bank.  They weren't before. 

I made my own point, which you missed. 

LIQUIDATION IS THE END. 

BLUE VERMIN  FC ( 1873 - 2012) 

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Where is their money coming from as they have a load of debts.  Their average gate has fallen from 7 ,000 to just over 4,000. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Where is their money coming from as they have a load of debts.  Their average gate has fallen from 7 ,000 to just over 4,000. 

Directors have personal wealth but won't reshape the finances of the club until they have control.  They are getting closer but not there yet.  They need Thomson out but on their terms, not his.  A poker game if you like.  The same  game was played here. The team on the park and fans usually suffer. 

Edited by St.Ricky

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Not according to the SFA or SPFL which is the point Both of us are making. 

Money talks. 

Ok here goes

New club" claims and rulings[edit]

As a result of the Rangers business and assets being sold to a new company when The Rangers Football Club plc entered liquidation,[36] the extent to which the sporting identity of the relaunched Rangers can be regarded as a continuation of the club founded in 1873 has been interpreted differently.[77][78] Rangers Football Club post-2012 was described by some in the mainstream media as a "new club",[79] whilst Charles Green maintained "this is still Rangers",[80] and the SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster stated "it is an existing club, even though it's a new company".[81][82]

Former Celtic captain Tom Boyd and Donald Findlay, Rangers' former vice-chairman, said they thought the post-liquidation Rangers was a new club.[83][84]Steven Naismith, one of the players who chose not transfer his contract to the new company under TUPE regulations, justified his position by stating that he had no loyalty to the new regime.[85] Five years later, Naismith retracted his comments and said he had been poorly advised over the situation at Rangers.[86]

Rangers supporters have been referred to as 'zombies' or 'the undead'.[87][88] On 20 August 2012, Falkirk suspended one of their announcers after he referred to the club as "the Sevco Franchise" (Sevco was the new company's name prior to it being changed to The Rangers Football Club Ltd).[89] Some Celtic supporters were particularly vociferous in their 'new club' assertions, having displayed banners at their stadium on numerous occasions mockingly referencing 'zombies',[88][90] 'dead club' and other aspects of Rangers' economic problems.[91] In January 2015 a Celtic group paid for a full-page newspaper advertisement announcing that their club would soon play its first fixture against the new club and that the 120-year Old Firm rivalry had ended.[92][93][94]

In 2013 numerous complaints were made to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA), after Rangers produced marketing materials which stated they were “Scotland’s most successful club”. Having considered the evidence, the ASA did not uphold the complaints.[95]UEFA had advised the ASA that their statutes allowed for a team to have "sporting continuity" under different corporate ownership.[96]

On entering liquidation, Rangers lost their membership of the European Club Association, and as a new entity they had to reapply for membership. The ECA granted them associate membership (rather than ordinary membership) on the basis that Rangers were a founding member of the Association, and acknowledged that the new entity had acquired the goodwill, which included the history, of the old company.[97]

In May 2015, Scottish newspapers published articles which purported that the governing body FIFA had 'stepped in' on the debate,[98] or had even 'insisted' that Rangers were the same club,[99] but the organisation had not made any official comment on the matter. The claims related to an article published in the weekly FIFA magazine, which carried the disclaimer that "any views expressed in The FIFA Weekly do not necessarily reflect those of FIFA".[100]

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Hope that clears it up for you :blink:

It's so obvious really. Money talks and football listens if the money is big enough.  I'm sure this will convince Shull. 

Had this been a smaller club then,.............You fill in the rest. 

Edited by St.Ricky

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

It's so obvious really. Money talks and football listens if the money is big enough.  I'm sure this will convince Shull. 

Never mind Shull..................... I also need convinced.

So basically football follows different rules. Liquidation is the company, the employees, the debt ................... so if all that is true?  Why did The Rangers start in Division 3 ? 

Rangers are Rangers even though they are not Rangers but The Rangers.................. tune in next week

Edited by DougJamie

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Had this been a smaller club then,.............You fill in the rest. 

They are deceased.