Robbie Neilson to Dundee Utd

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

They actually said that about the last bloke, who got fewer games, and now a better record than OK, as has Rae..!

You dont think they'll hesitate to can him come January if we are more or less winless between now and then?

No longer the case come 5pm on 20th oct  :)  fill your boots at a good price  :guinness

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Hey.... Don't shoot me... I agree. 

One rule for the small fry,  one rule for the big boys. 

And Clydebank

So if The Third Lanark make a come back do they get their trophies back...............

Its a load of pish.................

I read that the staduim annoncer at Falkirk who called them Sevco got sacked ? Eh Why

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

Neilson was on Sportsound last week and was asked why he didn't take the St Mirren job. He said the Club had unrealistic expectations considering the budget they had. As he thought the expectations were totally unrealistic the only person that would be sacrificed  when they were not met would be the manager. His dad is a season ticket holder and wanted his son to take the job but Neilson reckoned he was on a hiding to nothing. Reading between the lines I think Tony's talk of 'a top 4 club' and potential League winners put him off.

I think you explain things very well. Added to which perhaps might be the salary level at United might be higher and perhaps United willing to compensate for the loss of any payments being made by MK Dons.  I don't think (just my opinion) that Saints would have been up for that at that time when other candidates looked good on paper. 

11 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

And Clydebank

So if The Third Lanark make a come back do they get their trophies back...............

I read that the staduim annoncer at Falkirk who called them Sevco got sacked ? Eh Why

Not the first Stadium Announcer to fall foul of things... Tiger Tim at Celtic 

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

United could see their position with Ayr reversed in 4 fixtures, They still have a good chance of automatic promotion, especially if you consider Ayr's best players could be gone by the middle of January (possibly to United, if they have any sense)

That little theory has cheered me right up.

I'm now thinking that with a mere 5 wins, we can overtake Hearts!

Magic!!

12 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

True

However we dont have diddy teams like Morton, Caley  and Ayr in our League

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

That's arithmetic for you.  No common sense.  

Also would be impossible as you well know. 

Correct on both counts.

And of course United current form suggests they are as unlikely to overtake Ayr, as we are to overtake Hearts,

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

And Clydebank

I class Clydebank as the same club. They never actually went bust, they were shafted by the twats who turned them into Airdrie United.

My View:

Rangers FC ceased to exist in 2012. Sevco are a new club.

Airdrieonians ceased to exist in 2002(?). Airdrie United (now Airdrieonians) are not the same club.

Clydebank/Wimbledon FC - Never went bust and were heavily shafted. Both keep their history IMO.

Just now, Cornwall_Saint said:

I class Clydebank as the same club. They never actually went bust, they were shafted by the twats who turned them into Airdrie United.

My View:

Airdrieonians ceased to exist in 2002(?). Airdrie United (now Airdrieonians) are not the same club.

Clydebank/Wimbledon FC - Never went bust and were heavily shafted. Both keep their history IMO.

Good Cornwall- I agree

However Doncaster and the rest of twats at the SFA/SPFL, FIFA, UEFA and all other criminal organisations say- Rangers are Rangers are The Rangers who are Rangers.

BUSTED BUT NOT BUST

4 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

My View:

Think of The Rangers ( Rangers FC 1873-2012-2018 allegedly ) as a hand of  Pontoons 21

First card a 7

Second card a 5

Third card a 4

Fourth card a 10

= 26....... However you actually scored 21 not 26 as you cant be BUST- so well done. Have 54 Titles :P

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I think you explain things very well. Added to which perhaps might be the salary level at United might be higher and perhaps United willing to compensate for the loss of any payments being made by MK Dons.  I don't think (just my opinion) that Saints would have been up for that at that time when other candidates looked good on paper. 

Hmm, did Stubbs really look good on paper ?

I'd have put Kearney or McIntrye in front of him all day long. 

I'd have put McIntrye in front of Kearney also.

Didn't want Neilson either, I'd rather have a manager that was successful on his own at multiple clubs without any Director of Football over him, vetting his signings. 

Edited by lenziebud

37 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Hmm, did Stubbs really look good on paper ?

I'd have put Kearney or McIntrye in front of him all day long. 

I'd have put McIntrye in front of Kearney also.

Didn't want Neilson either, I'd rather have a manager that was successful on his own at multiple clubs without any Director of Football over him, vetting his signings. 

Fair argument Ken

Lenzie but I would have gone for Nielsen at that time. In the past.  OK is the man. 

Edited by St.Ricky

My View:

Clydebank FC are now Airdrieonians.

If you check out their history and honours then it’s the honours of Clydebank.

They moved town and changed name but it’s still the same club as Clydebank.

3 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Clydebank FC are now Airdrieonians.

If you check out their history and honours then it’s the honours of Clydebank.

They moved town and changed name but it’s still the same club as Clydebank.

I know that's the path that happened, and technically you are correct. My own view is that while what you say is correct, Clydebank's honours belong to the Bankies, not to the scum who relocated them. Airdrie United became a new club IMO and have bugger all to do with Clydebank.

18 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Directors have personal wealth but won't reshape the finances of the club until they have control.  They are getting closer but not there yet.  They need Thomson out but on their terms, not his.  A poker game if you like.  The same  game was played here. The team on the park and fans usually suffer. 

Ricky Thomson stepped down last season the new guy bought their training ground for £100,000 to pump money into the club. This happens last season I'm sure the debt is 1.5 million.