What Makes A Good Driver ?

shull

I aspire to be one and I will always keep trying to improve. 

I would say , a motorist speeding on country roads at around 100 mph is a very bad driver, even if he/she keeps their vehicle on the road. 

Alternatively, an extremely good motorist is one who can drive towards Speed Cameras and pass them legally without braking at any time and continue to drive without speeding up. 

Tailgaters are absolutely dreadful drivers, although they would probably say they are shit hot. 

Naw 

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

You cant help yourself can you :blink:

Your a taxi driver, and if you havent got the hang of driving yet that would be very sad..............

Again, thoughts in your head, the need to share it on here.................  hmmmmm

FFS gie it a rest, you chase him around the forum pouring out the same old shite.

There's plenty on here who post shite threads and posts, go play with them.

<_<

41 minutes ago, shull said:

I would say , a motorist speeding on country roads at around 100 mph is a very bad driver, even if he/she keeps their vehicle on the road. 

Alternatively, an extremely good motorist is one who can drive towards Speed Cameras and pass them legally without braking at any time and continue to drive without speeding up. 

Tailgaters are absolutely dreadful drivers, although they would probably say they are shit hot. 

Naw 

There are no good and safe human drivers.

We all switch off from time to time.

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

FFS gie it a rest, you chase him around the forum pouring out the same old shite.

There's plenty on here who post shite threads and posts, go play with them.

<_<

It's a fatal attraction but I ain't interested. He has tried to ignore me many times but he is fecking obsessed. 

Now he is falling apart with me rejecting him. 

To him it's all abuse, jealousy and envy. 

All is not lost though. 

Jesus still loves him, as does Tantrum. 

Still waiting on evidence regarding his accusations. 

2 minutes ago, shull said:

It's a fatal attraction but I ain't interested. He has tried to ignore me many times but he is fecking obsessed. 

Now he is falling apart with me rejecting him. 

To him it's all abuse, jealousy and envy. 

All is not lost though. 

Jesus still loves him, as does Tantrum. 

Still waiting on evidence regarding his accusations. 

If it was fatal attraction, I could have sorted your posting obsession with a simple pot of hot water..........:P

Regardless - I am wasting my time, you just keep posting till you drop

I was working last night. On the opposite side of the road was one of those Priority Thingys built onto the road to slow traffic down as there is a school nearby. So it's my right of way, those on the other side are supposed to let me past/give way. Not according to one woman. As I approached passing the priority bit, she went into the middle of the road anyway and very nearly crashed head on into me. I was less than 5 metres from the passing when she made her move so it was nowhere near safe to do so. To say I was raging was an understatement, all I could do was the long blast of the horn. Bitch.

49 minutes ago, shull said:

Naw 

When I stayed in Lochwinnoch traveling a lot on A roads was a real eye opener. Van parked using his phone directly sitting as you come out a blind bend. Cattle getting out a field onto the road speeding car crashed into a tree to miss the cow. Some using A roads as a speed track having to cut a corner smashing into a car coming the other way. Have seen more crashes in the country than in town some that were fatal. Take some out a concrete jungle when it turns to green all around them it means press the foot on the gas. A good driver is one that thinks ahead and understands his surroundings. It's not rocket science unfortunately some don't get they are in a machine that can change life for the worse even kill. 

Just remembered the one on the M8 around hearthill. Car abandoned on the outside lane no flashing warning lights. I got into the inside lane. An Astra behind me smashed into the stationery car seen the back end of the Astra lift into the air with metal fragments flying through the air on my rear view mirror. What shocked me is no other cars stopped to see if help was needed other cars went whizzing by. 

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Just remembered the one on the M8 around hearthill. Car abandoned on the outside lane no flashing warning lights. I got into the inside lane. An Astra behind me smashed into the stationery car seen the back end of the Astra lift into the air with metal fragments flying through the air on my rear view mirror. What shocked me is no other cars stopped to see if help was needed other cars went whizzing by. 

As you drive away. :lol:

34 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Always reminds of the Billy C story of Tiree years back, when the had one road and 2 cars................... and they managed to crash into each other....

Think you had to be there :P 

58 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

When I stayed in Lochwinnoch traveling a lot on A roads was a real eye opener. Van parked using his phone directly sitting as you come out a blind bend. Cattle getting out a field onto the road speeding car crashed into a tree to miss the cow. Some using A roads as a speed track having to cut a corner smashing into a car coming the other way. Have seen more crashes in the country than in town some that were fatal. Take some out a concrete jungle when it turns to green all around them it means press the foot on the gas. A good driver is one that thinks ahead and understands his surroundings. It's not rocket science unfortunately some don't get they are in a machine that can change life for the worse even kill. 

The A38 between Bodmin and Plymouth is a death trap here. 50mph limit on many parts and often gets ignored, its forever being closed off to clean up after accidents.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Jings Pod.  I thought they all did that now.  (I jest although apparently the one I drive can.  Just never used it) 

Nope.   How much extra did you pay for something you don't use.  How many season  tickets could that have bought.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-3502530/How-does-cost-car-parks-reveal-model-costs.html

Edited by pod