Here At Last - Tony Fitzpatrick's Autobiography

shull

17 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Either your memory is not good or you didn't see him play. When he put on the black and white stripes he was certainly known as Fitzy.

Mmm. Don't think so. Maybe amongst you college boys in the enclosure he was Fitzy or Fitzo or whatever. In the North Bank he was plain 'Tony'. That should be the name of the book.

11 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Mmm. Don't think so. Maybe amongst you college boys in the enclosure he was Fitzy or Fitzo or whatever. In the North Bank he was plain 'Tony'. That should be the name of the book.

Eh !?!?!? It was always Fitzy in the NB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have been going to bed early this week to read Tony's book. It's a great read and a real insight to the great man.  Living through the whole St Mirren career of Tony found out a lot even Fergies sacking. Not going to give anything away let's not spoil it for those going to read the book. I will give it 10 out of 10 a book every St Mirren fan should read young or old. 

27 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Have been going to bed early this week to read Tony's book. It's a great read and a real insight to the great man.  Living through the whole St Mirren career of Tony found out a lot even Fergies sacking. Not going to give anything away let's not spoil it for those going to read the book. I will give it 10 out of 10 a book every St Mirren fan should read young or old. 

I offered to get my dad Stephen Hendry's autobiography or Fitzpatricks for his Christmas, he went for Hendry.

I asked why not Fitzpatrick........................."He's an idiot, he'll not have written any of it"............................:shutup

On 12/8/2018 at 9:21 AM, faraway saint said:

I offered to get my dad Stephen Hendry's autobiography or Fitzpatricks for his Christmas, he went for Hendry.

I asked why not Fitzpatrick........................."He's an idiot, he'll not have written any of it"............................:shutup

Having just read the book I'm now convinced that he is never a CEO in a month of Sundays. Great player, rubbish manager and CEO. 

8 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Why ? Just curious what made you come to that conclusion. 

I felt he displayed naivety, didn't seem to be a realist, was impulsive and intellectually and experience wise had an inappropriate background.

As an aside and for what it's worth I suspect there was a lot of exaggeration in the book. I also didn't like the writing style albeit I'm sure it wasn't Tony writing it. It certainly didn't seem it was Tony talking to me. Perhaps I'm not the brightest but I found it rather patronising. 

11 hours ago, Oldfellow said:

I felt he displayed naivety, didn't seem to be a realist, was impulsive and intellectually and experience wise had an inappropriate background.

As an aside and for what it's worth I suspect there was a lot of exaggeration in the book. I also didn't like the writing style albeit I'm sure it wasn't Tony writing it. It certainly didn't seem it was Tony talking to me. Perhaps I'm not the brightest but I found it rather patronising. 

Found the beginning of the book regarding Tony's back ground could have been condensed. Regarding Fergie and Tony's move from Bristol back to Saints interesting. Still enjoyed the book. Thought Abercrombie's book for me was  better written  it was more like standing at a bar with Aber telling you stories.  

• 4 weeks later...

finished the book....really enjoyed it.
Did Tony write it himself? it certainly sounds like his style and way with words.
I had no idea about the mad chimp! ...or quite as mad as that anyway.
made me like and admire him even more than ever.

Edited by farmer john