Is It Next Saturday Yet?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

SMFC withdrawal symptoms!

once that drug is coarsing through your veins you just need more so badly, even though you know its gonna hurt more often than it takes you to a state of elation.

Second half of a good match at SDA about to start with the Colts 1....0 up in a very competitive game. Well worth the entry money and petrol costs plus Steak Pie and Coke.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

SMFC withdrawal symptoms!

once that drug is coarsing through your veins you just need more so badly, even though you know its gonna hurt more often than it takes you to a state of elation.

Sadly I don't have those feelings today, watching Saints & Scotland (Nations Cup) has totally scunnered me, Can't be arsed going tomorrow to watch Scotland and Kinda can't be bothered with the Killie game at the moment either. <_<

35 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Sadly I don't have those feelings today, watching Saints & Scotland (Nations Cup) has totally scunnered me, Can't be arsed going tomorrow to watch Scotland and Kinda can't be bothered with the Killie game at the moment either. <_<

There is absolutely no comparison between watching St Mirren and Scotland. 

I'd take 100 Scotland scuddings for a single Buddies win. 

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

There is a comparison, both teams are shite :P  Watching Scotland is very similar to watching St.Mirren, you don't know what team is going to turn up on the day. If we are playing a team who haven't won or scored a goal for a few games, you just know that we will concede a few goals and lose the game.

8 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Absolutely mate. 

Mind I used to noise up the TCFs in my work in the 80s , when both the Saints and Scotland were pretty decent , by saying I would rather St Mirren won the Reserve league than Scotland won the World Cup , brilliant bait taking !

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

If I had a choice in my lifetime to see st Mirren win the treble or see Scotland win a World Cup it would be Scotland to win a World Cup all day long it’s the biggest competition in football.

Neither will ever happen so I may aswell just die now

You daft? Saints every time.

21 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

We must be getting very close to a win then.  Come on Portugal!

To be fair I've had some brilliant nights at Hampden just they were all many years ago and usually soaking wet.  Did see us beat the world champions there too.

On 10/13/2018 at 5:40 PM, billyg said:

Mind I used to noise up the TCFs in my work in the 80s , when both the Saints and Scotland were pretty decent , by saying I would rather St Mirren won the Reserve league than Scotland won the World Cup , brilliant bait taking !

To be fair, most of them spent the whole shift waiting for something to get upset about.

Fish in a barrel

I'm not aware of when that rule was brought in, You know the one that seems prevalent now whereby fans seem to think they have to state where their loyalties lie.

St. Mirren success and Scotland success are not mutually exclusive, so I'll just want them both to do well if that's ok.

I really don't get Billy's "pride" at baiting fellow Scots over their support for the national side. Historically it is what I'd have called the West Coast Disease, but it is more and more becoming the national disease.

When St. Mirren play a match against Scotland I might have a decision to make. Until then I'll just continue to support both teams with equal passion. Naturally that passion increases and decreases to some extent based on success (relatively speaking), so there have been times when my passion has been at a lower ebb on one side or the other. Funnily enough though, rarely both at the same time.

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I'm not aware of when that rule was brought in, You know the one that seems prevalent now whereby fans seem to think they have to state where their loyalties lie.

St. Mirren success and Scotland success are not mutually exclusive, so I'll just want them both to do well if that's ok.

I really don't get Billy's "pride" at baiting fellow Scots over their support for the national side. Historically it is what I'd have called the West Coast Disease, but it is more and more becoming the national disease.

When St. Mirren play a match against Scotland I might have a decision to make. Until then I'll just continue to support both teams with equal passion. Naturally that passion increases and decreases to some extent based on success (relatively speaking), so there have been times when my passion has been at a lower ebb on one side or the other. Funnily enough though, rarely both at the same time.

Nail on head.....  its pretty much the same in England though

Are you up soon ?