Is It Next Saturday Yet?

6 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Well us winning the league cup is more realistic but Scotland winning the world cup would be superb on so many levels.

Agree with this. As a Belgian, the World Cup just past will stick in my mind forever, just like 1986 has always stuck with my mother. What makes it better is that we came from being pish 10 years before to becoming a team I would never have imagined seeing for either Belgium or Scotland. These memories are all special, much like witnessing the cup double season under Gus, the title winning season under JR, League Cup 2013. I wouldn't choose one success over the other, I'll appreciate whatever positives come. I want to see Belgium, Scotland and Saints do well, I support all three through and through. 

I'm a big fan of Scotland as a country.

But i find it difficult to support Scotland football team mainly due to hurdles that the SFA put in front of you to follow them.

Want to see them abroad join a travel club.

Want to see them in Scotland buy a set of tickets for 5 matches or pay through the nose.

Want to watch them on telly? Subscribe to sky TV.

Considering its the country's 'national' sport it's not really geared to keeping public interest (in my opinion )

It's not a competition by any means though I had genuine interest in watching saints colts v Queens Park at the weekend but didn't give a second thought to the Israel or Portugal matches that Scotland were playing.

7 hours ago, Hambud said:

But i find it difficult to support Scotland football team mainly due to hurdles that the SFA put in front of you to follow them.

Want to see them abroad join a travel club.

Want to see them in Scotland buy a set of tickets for 5 matches or pay through the nose.

Want to watch them on telly? Subscribe to sky TV.

Considering its the country's 'national' sport it's not really geared to keeping public interest (in my opinion )

It's not a competition by any means though I had genuine interest in watching saints colts v Queens Park at the weekend but didn't give a second thought to the Israel or Portugal matches that Scotland were playing.

I find this a really depressing post.

I could address and counter each of those points individually but I won't as I know I'll be wasting my time. Nothing I can say will change the fact you don't give a shite. However, I don't think you really need to list fake excuses for not giving a shite. There's no requirement to support your national team. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I find this a really depressing post.

I could address and counter each of those points individually but I won't as I know I'll be wasting my time. Nothing I can say will change the fact you don't give a shite. However, I don't think you really need to list fake excuses for not giving a shite. There's no requirement to support your national team. 

Please address and counter his Post. 

I agree with the jist of it. 

10 minutes ago, shull said:

Please address and counter his Post. 

I agree with the jist of it. 

Oh OK then Shull. Just for you mind!

8 hours ago, Hambud said:

Want to see them abroad join a travel club. - Travel Clubs are pretty much part and parcel of every well supported international team. It is essential that the SFA responsibly distributes whatever ticket allocation it gets primarily from a crowd and public safety perspective. The main point being Scotland are not unique in this respect. So in theory if anyone is putting this blocker in the way, it is society, UEFA or whoever. Not the SFA. That said, it is not a blocker to travelling and picking up a "home end" tickets as many thousands of fans do every year. However, notwithstanding all of that, and regardless of whose "fault" it is, it is not a blocker to watching your national side on the telly or even just simply wanting them to win as opposed to "not giving it a second thought

Want to see them in Scotland buy a set of tickets for 5 matches or pay through the nose. - Again controversy around ticket prices for football matches is not exclusive to Scotland. Far from it. Take a look at the EPL. Doesn't seem to give them any problems filling their stadiums. Anyway, I'm not necessarily saying it's sad you don't go to games. Just that you don't give a shite.

Want to watch them on telly? Subscribe to sky TV. Again!!! Virtually every football match of any significance whatsoever is shown on subscription TV. Why are you singling out the SFA for this? If you want to watch St. Mirren matches live on telly you need BT or Sky too.

The SFA are guilty of gross incompetency in many many respects, but I don't support the SFA. I support Scotland. That's a bit like saying I don't support St. Mirren because I don't like the incumbent board.

Any good Shull?

I can't watch Scotland on Television as I don't have Sky. 

The prices for Admission are extortionate, even for friendlies. 

For the previous qualifiers, I joined the Supporters Club with my daughter, and bought the multi game ticket offer just to get a reasonable discount. 

Made the mistake of buying tickets for North Stand. Not realising everybody stands to spectate, so my wee yin seen nothing of her first Scotland match. 

Managed, thankfully to get my remaining tickets swapped to the South Stand where it was more civilised. 

Edited by shull

47 minutes ago, shull said:

I can't watch Scotland on Television as I don't have Sky. 

The prices for Admission are extortionate, even for friendlies. 

For the previous qualifiers, I joined the Supporters Club with my daughter, and bought the multi game ticket offer just to get a reasonable discount. 

Made the mistake of buying tickets for North Stand. Not realising everybody stands to spectate, so my wee yin seen nothing of her first Scotland match. 

Managed, thankfully to get my remaining tickets swapped to the South Stand where it was more civilised. 

Yeah I’m not a fan of the “unwritten rule” for the North Stand Shull. I’m a fan of standing but not of it being unofficial.  The SFA should either make it publicly clear that this is accepted or clamp down on it. 

I’ve not been to a Scotland home game since the 2-2 draw with Poland but I’m led to believe the West Stand is becoming the new thinking man’s North Stand.

Either way you won a watch getting South Stand tickets. :thumbs2

Any good Shull?
Not sure how this is going to work but I'll try and respond (for me not Shull). I can't change text colour so new paras start with a hyphen -

Want to see them abroad join a travel club. - Travel Clubs are pretty much part and parcel of every well supported international team. It is essential that the SFA responsibly distributes whatever ticket allocation it gets primarily from a crowd and public safety perspective. The main point being Scotland are not unique in this respect. So in theory if anyone is putting this blocker in the way, it is society, UEFA or whoever. Not the SFA. That said, it is not a blocker to travelling and picking up a "home end" tickets as many thousands of fans do every year. However, notwithstanding all of that, and regardless of whose "fault" it is, it is not a blocker to watching your national side on the telly or even just simply wanting them to win as opposed to "not giving it a second thought

- Travel club can be a closed shop. Tried to join before and they were 'full'. Not sure if that happens at other football associations I've never tried to join. I have thought about travelling on the off chance of getting a home end ticket but have decided against it as cost v chance of getting kb'd v limited holidays from work hasn't really been worth it. Re your point about TV see my third point.

Want to see them in Scotland buy a set of tickets for 5 matches or pay through the nose. - Again controversy around ticket prices for football matches is not exclusive to Scotland. Far from it. Take a look at the EPL. Doesn't seem to give them any problems filling their stadiums. Anyway, I'm not necessarily saying it's sad you don't go to games. Just that you don't give a shite.

- didn't say I don't go to games. I pay through the nose to go to them. I therefore find it difficult to support them.

Want to watch them on telly? Subscribe to sky TV. Again!!! Virtually every football match of any significance whatsoever is shown on subscription TV. Why are you singling out the SFA for this? If you want to watch St. Mirren matches live on telly you need BT or Sky too.

- not sure I'm singling the SFA out. However in recent times when scotland have been playing on Sky we have had England, possibly Welsh maybe even Irish games on terrestrial TV. I don't have sky so don't see Scotland games on telly. I don't like watching football in a pub. This is my choice.

The SFA are guilty of gross incompetency in many many respects, but I don't support the SFA. I support Scotland. That's a bit like saying I don't support St. Mirren because I don't like the incumbent board.

- I didn't say I don't support Scotland I said I find it difficult to. These are all things that I find make it difficult to actively support.

I put the fact that I wasn't hyped and dying to watch these matches down to a couple of things. You are probably right about part of it being down to me not giving a shit and you are right that is depressing. It us for me too as a patriotic football fan.

But I do believe that the reasons I have given have played a big part in why I've gone from being someone that bought all the strips and watched all the games to someone that "doesnt give a shit".

[emoji111]

Not sure how this is going to work but I'll try and respond (for me not Shull). I can't change text colour so new paras start with a hyphen -

- Travel club can be a closed shop. Tried to join before and they were 'full'. Not sure if that happens at other football associations I've never tried to join. I have thought about travelling on the off chance of getting a home end ticket but have decided against it as cost v chance of getting kb'd v limited holidays from work hasn't really been worth it. Re your point about TV see my third point.

- didn't say I don't go to games. I pay through the nose to go to them. I therefore find it difficult to support them.

- not sure I'm singling the SFA out. However in recent times when scotland have been playing on Sky we have had England, possibly Welsh maybe even Irish games on terrestrial TV. I don't have sky so don't see Scotland games on telly. I don't like watching football in a pub. This is my choice.

- I didn't say I don't support Scotland I said I find it difficult to. These are all things that I find make it difficult to actively support.

I put the fact that I wasn't hyped and dying to watch these matches down to a couple of things. You are probably right about part of it being down to me not giving a shit and you are right that is depressing. It us for me too as a patriotic football fan.

But I do believe that the reasons I have given have played a big part in why I've gone from being someone that bought all the strips and watched all the games to someone that "doesnt give a shit".

[emoji111]

OK it worked badly [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, Hambud said:

emoji111.png

Some fair points there Hambud which are worthy of further response which I will do when I get home but I’m in the pub just now! 

I can particularly give a bit more insight into the travel club which I was a member of for about 15 years. :thumbs2

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yeah I’m not a fan of the “unwritten rule” for the North Stand Shull. I’m a fan of standing but not of it being unofficial.  The SFA should either make it publicly clear that this is accepted or clamp down on it. 

Your ticket stipulates you must be "seated" (ie: at a SEAT)

It does not compel you to plank your arse on the plastic!