St Johnstone V St Mirren 27.10.18

St.Ricky

1 minute ago, ford prefect said:
42 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:
Condition tonight described as critical so looks like you've got what you hoped for. Hope you are proud of your post.

Absolutely. Maybe he's paying for sins in a previous life. Is that not the sort of thing he'd say?

Presumably you think Hoddle deserves to have had a heart attack (?) on his 61st birthday for something he said, was it 20 years ago?  Have you had an irony bypass yourself?

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

In what area?

The only area you can even make a case for this team is the defence. Would you rather have Tesselaar, Naismith, McAusland and Kelly or Hodson, Baird, Jones and P McGinn? My money’s very much with the former.

The forwards were rubbish then, but at least we had a proven goal scorer at this level in Thompson (who had just racked up three 15 goal seasons on the bounce but sadly spent most of the season injured, and that’s why we went down). Now we have no one with a track record of goals in this league. Are Mullen and Jackson capable of getting Thommo-esque figures? All available signs point to no, no case to make.

The midfield isn’t even debatable. J McGinn, Goodwin, Osbourne, Mallan >>>>>>>>> S McGinn, Flynn, Willock, McShane.

I looked at the squad for 2014/15, and the thing that struck me was there were a few diamonds sparkling amongst the shite. Yes, we had John McGinn, Kenny McLean until January, and Stevie Mallan. We also had Ellis Plummer, Adam Drury, Thomas Reilly, Isaac Osborne, James Marwood, Callum Ball and Ross fecking Caldwell. The one thing they all have in common is none of them are currently playing the game at a full time professional level.

You could argue that Plummer, Drury etc are this season's Kpekewa, Cooke etc. At least we have a manager now that recognises that, and players who aren't good enough are out the team. 

Need to give the new manager time, and I have more confidence in his abilities from what I have seen than I ever had in Gary Teale in 14/15.

Having said that, losing 3-0 to a shite Hamilton team and not having a shot on goal at an average St Johnstone team isn't good enough. About 8 of that side today have good experience at SPL level or similar, time for them to show it.

1 hour ago, ford prefect said:
1 hour ago, Mr Optimistic said:
Condition tonight described as critical so looks like you've got what you hoped for. Hope you are proud of your post.

Absolutely. Maybe he's paying for sins in a previous life. Is that not the sort of thing he'd say?

Wish bad on others expect it in return.....

7 hours ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Things look as bad now as they did in the Craig/Murray era.

One thing that’s often surprised me is people’s tendency to lump Ian Murray together with Tommy Craig, and even Alex Rae. The football wasn’t great but we were very much transitioning at that point. I reckon Murray had a tougher job than the other 2 when comparing the point the 3 of them took over from.

We’ll have to do something quite special to reach the levels of dross we did in 14/15 (although we’re giving it a good go) and i’ve not seen us with a more imbalanced squad devoid of so many attributes than the one AR left behind.

Another absolute dismal performance. Our mascot put in more effort than most player. Apart from Samson who saved from a hammering. Jones and Baird did not to bad considering they've never really played together before. But the rest are just going through the motions and picking a wage. Not 1 shot on target. The full backs and the wide midfielders who play in front of them never stopped 1cross being sent in. And that's down to sheer laziness. Hitting high balls to Jackson and Mullen is pointless. Mullen is no where good enough for this league. His effort is great but I'm sorry to say he's out of his comfort zone in this league. In midfield no one can tackle. We need 2 holding tough tackling midfielders. Don't envy OK his task but none of this is his fault. It's all down to Stubbs and the board.

18 hours ago, 17/03/13 said:

Glenn Hoddle seriously ill in hospital

18 hours ago, herman_munster said:

might need a wheelchair :lol::lol:

18 hours ago, ford prefect said:
18 hours ago, 17/03/13 said:
Glenn Hoddle seriously ill in hospital

Hopefully it's nothing trivial

We do, like every other club, have some absolute arseholes in our support. :(

I think it’s important to remember that we didn’t plan to be in the premier league this season. Only 2 seasons ago we were in the championship, bottom of the table, and punching below our weight. Imo we’re now attempting to punch well above our weight!

Jack Ross (all credit to him) lifted us off the canvas and took us to a level we weren’t really prepared for.  That’s showing but I do believe Oran is capable of building a team that can keep us in the division. Every game should be treated as a cup final, got to take points where we can and see if it’s enough....

I think it’s important to remember that we didn’t plan to be in the premier league this season. Only 2 seasons ago we were in the championship, bottom of the table, and punching below our weight. Imo we’re now attempting to punch well above our weight!

Jack Ross (all credit to him) lifted us off the canvas and took us to a level we weren’t really prepared for.  That’s showing but I do believe Oran is capable of building a team that can keep us in the division. Every game should be treated as a cup final, got to take points where we can and see if it’s enough....

Livingston never planned to be in it period. But they seem to be doing alright. So your reasoning doesnt make much sense.

5 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
22 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Livingston never planned to be in it period. But they seem to being alright. So your reasoning doesnt make much sense.

He's just guzzled 6 pints, no wonder it doesn't make any sense. :thumbsup

That’s a load of nonsense we didn’t plan to be in the premiership we can’t pick and choose what season we wish to go up.

We are here and we f**ked up with recruitment simple as that nothing to do with having a few years to plan it all out the board made their first bad appointment looks like damage done is way too much to recover from this year but you never know in football.

We will go back down but we will be back up again at some point we aren’t punching above our weight or punching below.

13 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

That’s a load of nonsense we didn’t plan to be in the premiership we can’t pick and choose what season we wish to go up.

We are here and we f**ked up with recruitment simple as that nothing to do with having a few years to plan it all out the board made their first bad appointment looks like damage done is way too much to recover from this year but you never know in football.

We will go back down but we will be back up again at some point we aren’t punching above our weight or punching below.

Are you saying we are gone when we have a new manager who would have had 40 games to save us? 

I hope the new manager has more faith than you. 

12 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

I hope he realises there’s only 38 games in a league season and not over 40

I've done similar before, that split fecks me up every time. 

34 games to save us.....................impossible task? 

So, we sack Stubbs, we say "It's ok OK, we're going down, no problem" :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

57 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I've done similar before, that split fecks me up every time. 

34 games to save us.....................impossible task? 

So, we sack Stubbs, we say "It's ok OK, we're going down, no problem" :lol:

With the current squad, yes impossible task IMO.

Needs huge backing in January to build a squad capable of staying up

If he gets that backing then we can judge Kearney properly.

At the moment he has been left a mess. 

Problem is if we go down is Kearney the man to take us up again. Not sure on that one ?

Personally wouldn't have appointed Kearney, I think Dundee have made the right appointment.

At the moment I think we look certainties for the drop but there is plenty of time to change that.

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

Re the January transfer window of 2017 people forget that the improvement wasn't straight away - results were still patchy until the Ayr game on Feb 25th.

So for those looking for an improvement of JR proportions, that may take nearly 4 months before it starts.

Take that @Mr Optimistic !!!  :P

Indeed, if we don't pick up some points soon the January window will be meaningless.

This isn't the diddy league, as we're finding out. 

3 hours ago, Doakes said:

Never planned to be in the Premiership ? 

Excuse me.

Why was I and many more charged money for Season Tickets and Admission Fees ? 

Every Season they should aim and try and win every competitive match they take part in.