Programme wanted

Hi guys, 

Hoping that someone on here might be able to help me out. I’m looking to track down a programme from the last game of the 1987/88 season. It was at Love street on Saturday the 7th may, Saints won 1-0 against Dundee. 

If anyone thinks they, or someone they know, might be able to help me I would really appreciate it! 

Cheers

6 hours ago, Frasersmfc said:

Hi guys, 

Hoping that someone on here might be able to help me out. I’m looking to track down a programme from the last game of the 1987/88 season. It was at Love street on Saturday the 7th may, Saints won 1-0 against Dundee. 

If anyone thinks they, or someone they know, might be able to help me I would really appreciate it! 

Cheers

Sorry, had a look, haven't got it.

I will keep an eye out for it elsewhere.

33 minutes ago, thepaisleypanda said:

Was that game not abandoned? Then replayed on the Monday? (Free admission)

Could have been. I remember a fixture about then (was it one of the last games of the season ?) that was abandoned because of a downpour and a flooded pitch with Dundee leading 1-0 at the time. Cammy Fraser had scored for Dundee  IIRC.

Of course this might have been a different season.

15 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Could have been. I remember a fixture about then (was it one of the last games of the season ?) that was abandoned because of a downpour and a flooded pitch with Dundee leading 1-0 at the time. Cammy Fraser had scored for Dundee  IIRC.

It was a screamer from near the centre circle if I remember?

It was late season as the rematch was mainly in daylight!

18 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I remember this match too. There was a huge downpour at Love Street and the game was abandoned due to flooding. Half an hour after the ground emptied the sun was splitting the skies and the pitch was perfectly dry. When I got home to Elderslie my wife asked why I was home so early and could not believe that the ground had been flooded. There had not been any sign of rain in Elderslie.

Edited by smcc

Just now, thepaisleypanda said:

It was a screamer from near the centre circle if I remember?

It was late season as the rematch was mainly in daylight!

It was a screamer right enough but it wasn't the same match the OP is seeking the programme for. I checked out Cammy Fraser on Wiki and his spells at Dundee were 1980-84 and 1991-92. So not 1987-88 season.

Tony Fitzpatrick was acting Saints manager for this game , think Sky Walker scored the winning goal , not too sure if relegation was a possibility at the start of the game , but Fitzy made a point of the team celebrating with the fans at the end if the game . Last game of the season , and Fitzy was given the managers job on a permanent basis shortly after .

5 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Abandoned game was the last day of the  82/3 season. I was one of the extra 4000 who wasn't at the first game but made it along for the replay when it was free to get in.

There's  a good chance I've  got the 87/8 programme. I'll have a look.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1982&GameID=198305070

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1982&GameID=198305090

8 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Abandoned game was the last day of the  82/3 season. I was one of the extra 4000 who wasn't at the first game but made it along for the replay when it was free to get in.

That would be brilliant if you did! Thanks for your help

On 10/17/2018 at 2:21 AM, Dirty Sanchez said:

Hi mate, did you have any joy with this? Cheers! 

On 10/17/2018 at 6:07 AM, MenstrieSaint said:

Tony Fitzpatrick was acting Saints manager for this game , think Sky Walker scored the winning goal , not too sure if relegation was a possibility at the start of the game , but Fitzy made a point of the team celebrating with the fans at the end if the game . Last game of the season , and Fitzy was given the managers job on a permanent basis shortly after .

Falkirk needed us to lose and for them to beat Rangers, plus a 5 goal swing in goal difference.

They ended up losing 5-0 instead.

In fact, the previous week they thought they had drawn level with us when they scored a late winner at Dunfermline.....only to come into the dressing room and find out that we had ended Hearts 27 game unbeaten run at Tynecastle. :lol: