Dundee Sack McCann

St.Ricky

23 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Take it you haven't seen the reaction of the Dundee fans then ? They are furious and if his usual sidekick Dodds pitches up they will go Tonto. Talk of boycotts and virtually no slack being cut suggest it might not be the appointment we see it as.

Just the usual morons. Not worth bothering about. Every club has them. If he does the job he did at Ross County when marooned at the bottom the season we went down they all be crawling up his backside at the end of the season.

Maybe the fact he played for United is  a big factor too in their knuckle dragging judgement.  

Should have been our manager but that's in the past now.

Edited by lenziebud

It does worry me, I wanted McIntyre in when Stubbs got hoofed. I think his experience will be vital. I like Oran but would have rather had him in summer when he could try and build his own team, right now his options are limited. McIntyre has already been there, done that and may get the immediate improvement needed from Dundee.

I know Jim McIntyre was very keen on the Saints’ job. I reckon he’s an excellent appointment for Dundee and would’ve liked him at St Mirren. He’s got good experience at this level.
Still think OK will do a job for us if given time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and the biggest factor with managers linked with us is that Stubbs was a complete disaster and Oran will have pulled off an amazing job if he keeps us up this season. He’s got a real mess to clear up and is having to rip it up and start again like Jack did, although it’s a much tougher task in the top league.

10 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

It does worry me, I wanted McIntyre in when Stubbs got hoofed. I think his experience will be vital. I like Oran but would have rather had him in summer when he could try and build his own team, right now his options are limited. McIntyre has already been there, done that and may get the immediate improvement needed from Dundee.

I hear you but as we saw its how the players respond. I know some Dundee fans and they are not happy, dont see it as a step forward and McIntyre is not liked due to comments he made back in his Utd days....

As said above, he will have a short window to inprove. Its already getting pretty tense at the bottom end of this league...........................

Majority of comments on the Dundee forum are...........

Underwhelmed, ex DAB, appointment made too soon, was approached before McCann was bumped, beggars can't be choosers...............

Biggest gripe is if Dodds get's the assistant position there could be a lot of negative reaction.

Please, give Dodds the job. :lol:

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Underwhelmed, ex DAB, appointment made too soon, was approached before McCann was bumped, beggars can't be choosers...............

Biggest gripe is if Dodds get's the assistant position there could be a lot of negative reaction.

IF Dundee lose on Saturday there will be a tsunami in Dundee, that V&A better be well glued down. :lol:

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Looks like fan power has vetoed this, despite McIntyre wanting him in.

Hopefully the start of a more disastrous appointment than OK's predecessor, fuelled by foaming at the mouth Dungdee fans.:thumbsup

On 10/18/2018 at 6:40 PM, FTOF said:

Looks like fan power has vetoed this, despite McIntyre wanting him in.

Hopefully the start of a more disastrous appointment than OK's predecessor, fuelled by foaming at the mouth Dungdee fans.:thumbsup

McIntyre sounded as though he's still got Dodds on his wanted list on the interview I seen tonight on STV. 

Not visited the Dundee site for a few days but I'm sure there will be more "I'm not coming back" type posts. :lol: