Away fans among us

Noticed that Killie have now sold out their initial 1600 seat allocation for Saturday (good going in itself). 

Killie fans are now talking about buying tickets for the home end for the chance to get in and I'm just wondering what others opinon of this is? 

I personally don't have an issue with it. If they behave themselves, aren't starting any nonsense and respectful to the fact they are among home fans, I'm OK with it but can understand why some may take issue. 

I, along with 70 or 80 fellow buds ended up in the home end last season at the Dumbarton farce through no fault of our own as Dumbatons stewarding procedures were god awful. We were respectful and although met with a couple of initial grumbles around us at the situation, those making noises were told of the situation and reasons for us being there and they accepted this and were OK the rest of the match. 

Have been in the home end of quite a few away grounds when we played Aberdeen, Tynecastle, Easter Road , Parkhead , ibrox the list goes on. You go in with no colours  behave yourself by not drawing attention. Don't have a problem with provincial clubs fans in the home end it's money for the club. My seat is just in front of the hospitality seats have heard away fans on a number of occasions never a problem. 

9 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Have been in the home end of quite a few away grounds when we played Aberdeen, Tynecastle, Easter Road , Parkhead , ibrox the list goes on. You go in with no colours  behave yourself by not drawing attention. Don't have a problem with provincial clubs fans in the home end it's money for the club. My seat is just in front of the hospitality seats have heard away fans on a number of occasions never a problem. 

It's up to us and the away fans to behave.  

With attendances on the up in Scottish football and a successful Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock at the moment, it would make no sense for us to turn away business. Especially considering the club are happy to give away an extra stand to the OF. 

I reckon in scenarios like this weekend where Killie have sold out their 1600 tickets, we should welcome their fans into the main stand and parent/child/families into the family stand. I know that other clubs have experimented with mixed family stands.

46 minutes ago, Maboza said:

With attendances on the up in Scottish football and a successful Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock at the moment, it would make no sense for us to turn away business. Especially considering the club are happy to give away an extra stand to the OF. 

I reckon in scenarios like this weekend where Killie have sold out their 1600 tickets, we should welcome their fans into the main stand and parent/child/families into the family stand. I know that other clubs have experimented with mixed family stands.

I agree. The alternative is for Home Fans to buy more season tickets.

51 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Totally agree. Killie have become something of a derby team. Both sets of supporters enjoy going to the away games and always travel in good numbers. The Club should maybe have thought about how to seat a big travelling support given Killie are flying in the league and of course Saints v Killie produced the record attendance at the ground.  Anyway, good problem to have and I am sure the travelling support will be made most welcome.

It's a shame we don't have part of the stadium sectioned off (like the starting days of W6/W7) which would have helped cover for these situations. Until we can start selling out all three home stands (probably never but one can hope) then the common sense approach would be to pick out a part of the stadium to stay empty until other sections are full. We can't really do it with W6/W7 now but an alternative would allow for the extra income when possible and could also stop shafting the Family Stand support over.

1 hour ago, renfrew said:

Just like they do at Inverness you mean  :rolleyes:

That was the away end Mr Memory Man.Wasnt our fault for once.We were just trying to get Turbo,who was in a wedding dress,into the game.Paid our money,got thru the turnstile and straight back out again.:lol:

That was the away end Mr Memory Man.Wasnt our fault for once.We were just trying to get Turbo,who was in a wedding dress,into the game.Paid our money,got thru the turnstile and straight back out again.[emoji38]
No memory from me from Inverness [emoji23] Just had a feeling you were involved in some nonsense at the turnstiles and ending up back outside [emoji102]

23 minutes ago, renfrew said:

No memory from me from Inverness emoji23.png Just had a feeling you were involved in some nonsense at the turnstiles and ending up back outside emoji102.png

We were forced to spend the game in the Caley Social Club. :(

Most away games I go to, even the ugly sisters, we have good banter with the opposition in the pubs around the Stadium. I have been a guest of fans of other teams on many an occasion and I have behaved myself in their ends. One slight cheer did escape me, when Conclaves equalised at the Cup final,  That apart I have always seemed welcome. A few isolated opposing fans splattered about the stands shouldn't cause any problems but it could be different if they were all congregated  and drawing attention to themselves.  It could get then get messy. 

Difficult one to solve without upsetting someone but for those games where you could sell a stand and a half, as opposed to two stands. some sort of plan B with another segregated stand might be financially prudent but that would no doubt throw  BAWA and all the other forums into meltdown.

57 minutes ago, HSS said:

We were just trying to get Turbo,who was in a wedding dress,into the game.

Maybe we could make it compulsory for away fans,  who are not in the North Stand, to wear wedding dresses and we could open a wee wedding boutique to make an extra couple of quid at the same time. Problem solved and extra income.

7 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

It's a shame we don't have part of the stadium sectioned off (like the starting days of W6/W7) which would have helped cover for these situations. Until we can start selling out all three home stands (probably never but one can hope) then the common sense approach would be to pick out a part of the stadium to stay empty until other sections are full. We can't really do it with W6/W7 now but an alternative would allow for the extra income when possible and could also stop shafting the Family Stand support over.

Cornwall.  I was posting on this subject before the season started.  I agree on both counts. The only way to ensure segregation for our own fans is by selling out the three stands to season ticket holders. It's in our own hands.  Use it or lose it.  Had we started as Livvy have demand from home fans would come close to selling out the Main and West Stands and more.  The other alternative was/is to keep clear an area in one of the stands as an overflow area for away fans or move our own fans to make room for others.  Scottish football attendances are on the way up.  We have gone from 3,000 to 3,600 to 4,450 to 5,800 so far over the last three seasons and could be averaging over 6,000 by the time our neighbours from Govan have come calling on 3 November. Yes... Double the average for 3 games 3 seasons ago. 

11 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Yes Ricky but as you know the only segregated stand we have is the West and as you have previously stated the W7 folks add greatly to the atmosphere so we either go back on that or accept we are where we are for this season, what would you have us do?

SS. Good point. I do love the colour and noise of W7. As things are now then,using the Board's description,

we should allow away fans to buy tickets in the home stands but not for the High Risk games. Ensuring that doesn't happen for those games isn't too easy. We just have to act as civilised adults and hope that it adds to the fun.