Driving in Paisley.

Qarsaan

• 2 weeks later...

Guest TPAFKATS
I have to say my experience of German roads has been like most of Germany’s transport . very positive, they do seem to have the knack of fixing things without everywhere grinding to a halt . Mind you , they did seem to be doing a helluva lot more maintenance than us , gulley cleaning , drains emptied and spot issues seemed to be dealt with pretty damn quick .
I'm sure the better infrastructure in Germany must be, in some part at least, down to the rebuild work after the war. Carpet bombing the cities gave the town planners a blank canvas to built for the future.

38 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
On 10/19/2018 at 1:27 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:
I have to say my experience of German roads has been like most of Germany’s transport . very positive, they do seem to have the knack of fixing things without everywhere grinding to a halt . Mind you , they did seem to be doing a helluva lot more maintenance than us , gulley cleaning , drains emptied and spot issues seemed to be dealt with pretty damn quick .

I'm sure the better infrastructure in Germany must be, in some part at least, down to the rebuild work after the war. Carpet bombing the cities gave the town planners a blank canvas to built for the future.

Yeah , your probably right to a degree but that doesn’t seem to explain the numerous f**k ups we make like failing to anticipate growth in traffic in the 60s & 70s when building 2 lane motorways which very quickly got swamped .

like building Airports in the same period without rail access . 

18 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yeah , your probably right to a degree but that doesn’t seem to explain the numerous f**k ups we make like failing to anticipate growth in traffic in the 60s & 70s when building 2 lane motorways which very quickly got swamped .

like building Airports in the same period without rail access . 

Got a train outskirts of Rotterdam less than one hour later was getting off the train in the basement of Amsterdam Airport. Another fantastic idea security check is done at the boarding gate not like the UK where everyone is put into a sheep-pen . So many good ideas could be picked up from abroad.