Flags & banners

Doakes

Got a couple of flags & banners that I’d happily donate

One says : Unacceptable

One says : Fans not criminals

One says : FTOF

Any of them any use ?

Was making another: Your phones are bugged , but couldn’t see the relevance tae fitba

That said, the W6/7 crew have been beyond phenomenal in supporting Saints and thankfully, we have them livening the place up.

I’d like to see/ hear a rendition of ‘Oh when the Saints’ with everyone holding up their scarves like we used to in the Northbank at Love Street , the whole Westbank doing that would be magic ( Family & Main too )

11 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Got a couple of flags & banners that I’d happily donate

One says : Unacceptable

One says : Fans not criminals

One says : FTOF

Any of them any use ?

Was making another: Your phones are bugged , but couldn’t see the relevance tae fitba

That said, the W6/7 crew have been beyond phenomenal in supporting Saints and thankfully, we have them livening the place up.

I’d like to see/ hear a rendition of ‘Oh when the Saints’ with everyone holding up their scarves like we used to in the Northbank at Love Street , the whole Westbank doing that would be magic ( Family & Main too )

Can never say no to a FTOF flag :lol: 

Yeah I'd like to get the scarf thing going! Would look brilliant if the whole ground got involved 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Would it be possible to make alternate black and white sections big enough to be held over each section of the west stand to create what would look like a giant scarf extending all along the stand?

It is not just flags and stuff we need. 

It is noise. 

Kilmarnock fans were louder yesterday than anything I have ever heard at St Mirren Park. From W1, they looked amazing and outstanding and created a very noisy atmosphere. 

Looking along I could see the W7 Flags and hands clapping in the air. But absolutely no noise apart from a distant drum. Totally drowned out by the Ayrshire Killie Boys and could barely hear them when Killie were silent. 

The W7 Crew should think about moving to the Family Stand where the acoustics may be better.  If they can't group in the middle of that Stand then they should sit behind the Panda Club, who would help them. 

Every away support drowns out W7, even if there are 50 of them like Livy fans did earlier in the Season. 

Edited by shull

2 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

If you have a speaker directly in front pointing towards you, rather than beside pointing away you get different volumes.

FFS even cowboy could have worked that out and he's deaf. emoji14.png

Eh ? Pardon ? :nerdy

I do have to say, the Kille fans did make a helluva noise for virtually the whole game yesterday.   

55 minutes ago, shull said:

It is noise. 

Kilmarnock fans were louder yesterday than anything I have ever heard at St Mirren Park. From W1, they looked amazing and outstanding and created a very noisy atmosphere. 

Looking along I could see the W7 Flags and hands clapping in the air. But absolutely no noise apart from a distant drum. Totally drowned out by the Ayrshire Killie Boys and could barely hear them when Killie were silent. 

The W7 Crew should think about moving to the Family Stand where the acoustics may be better.  If they can't group in the middle of that Stand then they should sit behind the Panda Club, who would help them. 

Every away support drowns out W7, even if there are 50 of them like Livy fans did earlier in the Season. 

If we (big if) were in the same position as Killie or say Livi , I imagine the noise levels would be just fine.

4 minutes ago, munoz said:

If we (big if) were in the same position as Killie or say Livi , I imagine the noise levels would be just fine.

We were drowned out by small away supports last season when we were flying high. 

12 minutes ago, shull said:

We were drowned out by small away supports last season when we were flying high. 

Maybe it's where you're seat is. I'm situated in W5 West stand and the noise levels from are mostly loud and clear. Plenty of songs are also started from the area I sit in. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

It is noise. 

I was in W6 and the W7 boys and girls made plenty noise. Moving W7 around isn't the answer. More people need to join in if they want to create an atmosphere . The Killie support was superb - not for the first time - and they have a lot to cheer about.

When we take a big sway support generally everyone is seated together with the choir in the middle. That, as well as more people having a pre match snifter, and happy on an away day get most joining in. At the SAD sorry SDA old fart (self included) ST holders occupy the best seats and are less inclined to join in, unless we are winning or visibly fighting for evey ball.

54 minutes ago, magnus said:

I was in W6 and the W7 boys and girls made plenty noise. Moving W7 around isn't the answer. More people need to join in if they want to create an atmosphere . The Killie support was superb - not for the first time - and they have a lot to cheer about.

We are in W4 and the W7 folks are loud and clear but more of us need to join in.

1 hour ago, magnus said:

More people ? 

Up to 50 away fans are louder. 

The acoustics must be better in the North Stand. 

Maybe we should move into the North and give the West to the away fans. 

9 minutes ago, shull said:

More people ? 

Up to 50 away fans are louder. 

The acoustics must be better in the North Stand. 

Maybe we should move into the North and give the West to the away fans. 

I know you sit in the West Stand as do our group. The North Stand holds around 1600 people. It is compact and any noise created encourages fans there to join in. I see your agent then for the group to be located in the South Stand where young fans would be able to join in as long as they kept the "noise" civilised.  Throws up other problems though. Best solution. Sell out our parts of the ground at the start of the season based on the idea you have put forward.  Retain W7 as the last part to be sold or,if not, allocated to away supports to enable a total of say 2000 away fans to be accommodated. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

When we take a big sway support generally everyone is seated together with the choir in the middle. That, as well as more people having a pre match snifter, and happy on an away day get most joining in. At the SAD sorry SDA old fart (self included) ST holders occupy the best seats and are less inclined to join in, unless we are winning or visibly fighting for evey ball.

Why should that be?

...allocated to away supports to enable a total of say 2000 away fans to be accommodated. 

Absolutely not, there is no way we should go down that route again. When the segregation gate is closed the undercroft of the stand is horrendously overcrowded. It takes ages to get served at the one available catering bar, likewise going for a pish.

2 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Absolutely not, there is no way we should go down that route again. When the segregation gate is closed the undercroft of the stand is horrendously overcrowded. It takes ages to get served at the one available catering bar, likewise going for a pish.

Accept that is an issue. How can that be solved?

Edited by St.Ricky

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Eh ? Pardon ? :nerdy

I do have to say, the Kille fans did make a helluva noise for virtually the whole game yesterday.   

They were silent until almost half time.Their 1st chant of the Billy Boys was met around me with comments like "who wakened them up?" and "I forgot they were here". 

1 minute ago, HSS said:

They were silent until almost half time.Their 1st chant of the Billy Boys was met around me with comments like "who wakened them up?" and "I forgot they were here". 

No ' Billy Boys ' at St Mirren Park yesterday. 

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Would it be possible to make alternate black and white sections big enough to be held over each section of the west stand to create what would look like a giant scarf extending all along the stand?

We wanted to do something like that before, similar to what you see in South America! But sadly surfing flags isn't permitted. Here's the stadium policy 

Policy on Flags & Banners

This policy document includes what flags and banner are permitted

with guidance on the positioning and display of same.

Subject to the approval of the police St Mirren FC permits the

display of non offensive football related flags and banners

(Please Note that Crowd surfing flags/banners are not

permitted.) at Saint Mirren Park subject to the following

provisions:

All flags and banners should be made from fire resistant material.

We reserve the right to insist on a * fire safety certificate for

flags/banners of any size. Flags/banners when hung must not

cover stadium signage/notices nor should they be hung

above vomitory entrances.

This limit on space will also limit

the size of flags/banners anything above 8ft by 4 ft should

be referred to the club.

* Very large flags/banners are

likely to require a fire safety certificate as they pose a

significant risk to other supporters Health and Safety.

No spectators health or safety will be compromised in arranging

the display of such flags/banners (i.e. climbing on seats or

climbing on parts of the structure of the stadium e.g. the

metalwork at the rear of stands to secure such flags/

banners is not permitted)

A spectator accepts responsibility for said flag/banner ( where

possible this spectator should be seated near to the banner) The

steward stand supervisor will then note a seat number for the

spectator responsible for each banner so that this person can be

contacted if the flag/banner requires for any reason to be repositioned

or removed during the match.