St Mirren v Motherwell Wed 31st Oct

faraway saint

Another match to look forward to and attend. In St Monans for lunch that day but will make sure I make it to the match.  Wouldn't miss it.  We have had some great tussles with Motherwell over the years.  Motherwell have a reputation for being physically tough.  We need to be clever. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Another match to look forward to and attend. In St Monans for lunch that day but will make sure I make it to the match.  Wouldn't miss it.  We have had some great tussles with Motherwell over the years.  Motherwell have a reputation for being physically tough.  We need to be clever. 

Clever or violent. 

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Some good discounts for season ticket holders in Hospitality for this match. 

https://www.stmirren.com/news/commercial/commercial-news/2274-hospitality-st-mirren-v-motherwell-31st-october

Really !!! £78  (£48 for that meal alone if you don't want to drink midweek - astonishing) for a Sunday roast dinner with drinks on a Wednesday night. Dreadful price given you have already paid for a ticket to the game via your ST.  Motherwell do a deal for ST holders at lesser cat games like this where you pay £35 then use your own seat already paid for - £35 for the meal and drinks while still way more than it should be is a bit more realistic. Our is an awful deal ! 

33 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Really !!! £78  (£48 for that meal alone if you don't want to drink midweek - astonishing) for a Sunday roast dinner with drinks on a Wednesday night. Dreadful price given you have already paid for a ticket to the game via your ST.  Motherwell do a deal for ST holders at lesser cat games like this where you pay £35 then use your own seat already paid for - £35 for the meal and drinks while still way more than it should be is a bit more realistic. Our is an awful deal ! 

Question. Straightforward answer please. Is there a discount for Season Ticket Holders. Yes or No.

Whether you think it represents good value is another matter and one which people individually will make - pay and go or no pay and no go.

By the way - I personally prefer the Motherwell deal.

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

In fairness to the club, they sold out all packages by the looks of it.

There are clearly people out there with more money than sense.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

In fairness to the club, they sold out all packages by the looks of it.

There are clearly people out there with more money than sense.

A bit harsh Oaksoft.

People can choose what they want to spend their money on and a number have made the choice to do so.

I have not. Not because of the cost but because of the time commitment. 

I rarely arrive more than an hour before a game even if I am going into the 1877 Club.

56 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Really. Where can you buy them more cheaply once you are inside the Cinema, Football Ground etc?

Buy them in any Bakers for around 2 quid. 

Buy the same at a Junior Football Ground for around 2 pounds. 

FIVE POUND TWENTY PENCE AT ST MIRREN PARK 

Never seen a Pie on Sale at Linwood Cinema although the Cola is a rip off there. 

25 minutes ago, shull said:

Buy them in any Bakers for around 2 quid. 

Buy the same at a Junior Football Ground for around 2 pounds. 

FIVE POUND TWENTY PENCE AT ST MIRREN PARK 

Never seen a Pie on Sale at Linwood Cinema although the Cola is a rip off there. 

Shull. You make my point for me.

This is a Professional Football Club which needs to generate money to survive and prosper.

It gives out concessions to the people who sell the Cola and Pies. They are a For Profit Company so they Sell at a Price that lets them make a profit.

Maybe I am wrong but when you get a Hire do you only charge for the fuel you use or at say 40p per mile?

I don't think so. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

And about your business... do you charge 40p a mile and add 25 per cent or is your mark up higher than that?  Come on Shull

I probably charge relatively the same mark up as the Bakers. 

If I used the St Mirren Catering mark up , instead of 1 mile being £3.40 it would likely rise to around 6 pounds for up to a mile. 

There is profit and there is rip the arse out of it profit. 

Football Clubs do the latter. 

Then generally waste the money on overpaid shite players. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

I probably charge relatively the same mark up as the Bakers. 

If I used the St Mirren Catering mark up , instead of 1 mile being £3.40 it would likely rise to around 6 pounds for up to a mile. 

There is profit and there is rip the arse out of it profit. 

Football Clubs do the latter. 

Then generally waste the money on overpaid shite players. 

Opinions.  Opinions. There are lots of opinions. 

Some may feel you overcharge,  some may think it's fair and some might feel it is a bargain. 

But... I do think there could be improvements in the catering provided at the serveries and in the1877 Club  and at the Stadium generally to better suit a range of spending priorities for supporters at the games. 

Differential pricing is here to stay for some time at least. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Agreed. What will not work though is Danny Mullen going down under challenges. This league is very physical and referees allow a lot of tough tackling and pushing. We need to be way more physical right across the pitch. 
I know I was on moaning about Danny looking for fouls too much after saturday but who knows what the best approach is now.

We used to watch bigger Higdon, Thommo, Sutton type guys try and stay on their feet and give as good as they got but ref's would blow and give fouls against us.

It used to infuriate me when you'd see big opposition strikers go down like a ton of bricks and they get fouls given their way however our guys would get penalised for trying to stay up.

Y

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Question. Straightforward answer please. Is there a discount for Season Ticket Holders. Yes or No.

Whether you think it represents good value is another matter and one which people individually will make - pay and go or no pay and no go.

By the way - I personally prefer the Motherwell deal.

Yes you quoted the discounts yourself. I was commenting on the fact you called them good. An ST holder is paying for a very bog standard meal and drinks. I can get better food off a full choice menu at many places in town. You correctly point out that it does occasionally sell out but just a fiver or so off the cost of a match ticket on a Wednesday night isn't exactly a sparkling offer.