St Mirren v Motherwell Wed 31st Oct

faraway saint

Off and running 

Got a hire 09.36

Pick up in a few minutes. 

Maybe break even for my first hour. 

Can't inflate price on this hire to compensate for previous 40 minutes of hee haw. 

Back shortly. :byebye

£3.40 is around £100 per hour. That is a massive markup given that it costs about 45p per mile to run a car including maintenance. The base cost is then around £15 for that hour. Who is raking in the £85?

The pot is calling the kettle black here.

Really , I’d love to see the roads you travel on if you can average 30 mph from start every minute of every hour !!

Also, the average costs you quote, I assume you havent taken in the cost of Radio money , higher insurance costs , vastly increased wear and tear depreciation of the car due to the massively high mileage or the disproportionate amount of repairs needed to these vehicles due to stringent taxi tests and damage done By the shocking condition of the roads. Or.. the off road costs when someone pukes in your car .

ETA, I see your basic maths error has already been seized upon .

Really , I’d love to see the roads you travel on if you can average 30 mph from start every minute of every hour !!
Also, the average costs you quote, I assume you havent taken in the cost of Radio money , higher insurance costs , vastly increased wear and tear depreciation of the car due to the massively high mileage or the disproportionate amount of repairs needed to these vehicles due to stringent taxi tests and damage done By the shocking condition of the roads. Or.. the off road costs when someone pukes in your car .

ETA, I see your basic maths error has already been seized upon .

7 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Is your engine running when you're taking these pictures?

Why would my engine be running. 

Firstly it would be illegal. 

And sitting number 11 on the Rank which means I could be sitting and not moving for a while, I am most certainly not going to increase my costs by wasting expensive fuel. 

What a stoopit smartass question. 

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I suppose that the serveries at the ground have to wait up to two weeks at times before they get customers. 

Just saying. 

Good for you for just saying. 

If I had to wait 2 weeks for a local hire.... 

I would still only charge £3.40.

Meanwhile  during that non private hire downtime I would try maintain my regular income in other ways without ripping anybody off. 

Me too just saying. 

15 minutes ago, shull said:

Good for you for just saying. 

If I had to wait 2 weeks for a local hire.... 

I would still only charge £3.40.

Meanwhile  during that non private hire downtime I would try maintain my regular income in other ways without ripping anybody off. 

Me too just saying. 

If St Mirren football club employed you on a Saturday surely you would still be working in between home matches? 

I would be surprised if any company only operated on match days. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

If St Mirren football club employed you on a Saturday surely you would still be working in between home matches? 

Indeed. 

It would be a very poor business model where the owners only had an income once a fortnight and earned  not a fecking dime inbetween. 

Just to repeat.. 

FIVE POUNDS TWENTY PENCE BUYS YOU A PIE AND THEIR SMALLEST COLA OF THEIR TWO COLAS ON OFFER. 

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just so. The company pays the club for the right to sell food and drink at the Stadium on match days. 

I'm sure they do other work.  The food and drinks are, in my opinion,  a little overpriced but that's typical in a concession with a captive audience. 

1 minute ago, shull said:

Indeed. 

It would be a very poor business model where the owners only had an income once a fortnight and earned  not a fecking dime inbetween. 

So, in short, a preposterous notion? 

Therefore no need to hike up prices?

Anyhow, I'm out of this, nonsense.

Hope to feck we get at least a point against St Johnstone before this game, could do with a lift in confidence. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Hope to feck we get at least a point against St Johnstone before this game, could do with a lift in confidence. 

Your verbal support at MacDermid Park will be vital. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Just so. The company pays the club for the right to sell food and drink at the Stadium on match days. 

I'm sure they do other work.  The food and drinks are, in my opinion,  a little overpriced but that's typical in a concession with a captive audience. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

We should go 100% for the three points. 

We should have Hearts in our sights and we must aspire to overtake them or anybody else who are top of the League. 

Mini league of 4 is fecking bollox and for long term losers. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Your verbal support at MacDermid Park will be vital. 

Support for St Mirren is vital from anywhere in the World. 

Even from my Car as I sit in the Paisley Road West waiting for a hire, listening to OPEN AW MICS and obviously with no engine running. 

4 minutes ago, shull said:

We should go 100% for the three points. 

We should have Hearts in our sights and we must aspire to overtake them or anybody else who are top of the League. 

Mini league of 4 is fecking bollox and for long term losers. 

,Wow.  Very "Braceheart" have you been visiting Elderslie or the Wallace Monument in Stirling. 

Some of that fire in the players would go down well. 

I'm looking forward to this home game. 

Edited by St.Ricky