St Mirren v Motherwell Wed 31st Oct

faraway saint

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

,Wow.  Very "Braceheart" have you been visiting Elderslie or the Wallace Monument in Stirling. 

Some of that fire in the players would go down well. 

I'm looking forward to this home game. 

Some footballing ability would help along with a big heart. 

23 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Always helps Shull but without organisation,  fitness and fight,  ability alone won't cut it. 

Better times ahead. 

I never said ability alone. 

A big heart is a major factor. 

With that, a player will already be focused and fit. 

David Elliot had great ability. 

But had no heart and was a lazy wee shitebag. 

And didn't deserve the money we wasted on him. 

5 hours ago, shull said:

5 pounds and 20 pence for Pie/Cola is very very expensive. 

If I sat for an hour with no hire then I did a local worth normally £3.40, I wouldn't then charge them a tenner or similar because it was a slow day. 

Yes it is but you have not considered why it is that high. Their cost base will be pretty substantial and they have to charge in a way that compensates them for downtime. Just like you do.

Nobody is forcing you to buy it though so it can't be a rip-off.

4 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Really , I’d love to see the roads you travel on if you can average 30 mph from start every minute of every hour !!

Also, the average costs you quote, I assume you havent taken in the cost of Radio money , higher insurance costs , vastly increased wear and tear depreciation of the car due to the massively high mileage or the disproportionate amount of repairs needed to these vehicles due to stringent taxi tests and damage done By the shocking condition of the roads. Or.. the off road costs when someone pukes in your car .

ETA, I see your basic maths error has already been seized upon .

Congratulations to both you and F man for missing the point. :lol:

On 10/23/2018 at 2:16 PM, oaksoft said:

In fairness to the club, they sold out all packages by the looks of it.

There are clearly people out there with more money than sense.

Iits a treat and a great day out especially when speakers are there. I do it a couple of times a year one coming soon with a few forum members coming along. Yes it's expensive in the most part it's aimed at business for there clients. We also have visiting fans using it also. Have been to a a few away games hospitality can tell you ours is one of the best. 

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Unless the service and quality has improved recently then there is no such thing as a good deal at saints hospitality 

food is poor, drinks slow to come and facilities are  basic.  Bring back en  croute 

Yes En croute meals were better have to agree on that. 

FFS... I saw the Motherwell thread was on page 4 already and figured they had signed a new striker, went into administration or one of their team had bad mouthed the saints.

What do I find ?........ 4 pages of the Paisley/Cardonald food guide about en croute meals, pie stalls, fish teas and moaning about the cost of taxi's and company overheads. 

3-Copy.jpg

2 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

FFS... I saw the Motherwell thread was on page 4 already and figured they had signed a new striker, went into administration or one of their team had bad mouthed the saints.

What do I find ?........ 4 pages of the Paisley/Cardonald food guide about en croute meals, pie stalls, fish teas and moaning about the cost of taxi's and company overheads. 

3-Copy.jpg

You'll be well placed to get a taxi to the cheapest place for a pie then? :wink:

2 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Another thread ambushed and reduced to absolute drivel by the usual suspects. 

Back to the game.  We have had some great games against Motherwell over the years.  They have been tough in more than one sense of the word and this one will be no different in that regard.  At home,  I would hope we will have the edge and get our second home win of the season.  

12 hours ago, shull said:

So I have made £3.40 after 22 minutes.

Now sitting 11th in the Rank, probably get another hire within 10 minutes.

Need to fecking go some to make another £81.60 profit in less than half an hour.

One of these days someone will ask you to take them to Torquay and we will get a rest from your daily dross. Fingers crossed.:P 

5 pounds and 20 pence for Pie/Cola is very very expensive. 
If I sat for an hour with no hire then I did a local worth normally £3.40, I wouldn't then charge them a tenner or similar because it was a slow day. 
£5.20 for a Pie and a cola is much better value than £3.40 for 1 mile in a taxi.

I could walk a mile in 15 mins.

It would take me much longer to make a pie.

Taxi drivers take money from folk for what most decent people do for free, give them a lift....f**kem.

5 hours ago, Hambud said:
8 hours ago, DougJamie said:
One of these days someone will ask you to take them to Torquay and we will get a rest from your daily dross. Fingers crossed.emoji14.png 

Idea for the next SMiSA payment?

That would be smashing. Time I got summat back after all the money I have had ripped off me from Football. 

All expenses paid working trip to Torquay and back and a tidy wee profit also. 

Could do a special live video feed  from my Cab all the way down and back again especially for the Forum Masses. 

Maybe Stu Dickson could be the dude with the Mic live from the Car. 

Cannae wait.