St Mirren v Motherwell Wed 31st Oct

faraway saint

11 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Good to see the spirit of Halloween lives on, Alfie Jones dressing up as a footballer this evening.

Aside from that we played 90 mins of hoofball to dwarves, our keeper gifted a goal with his usual list of errors and we struggled to string 3 passes together. 

Grim.

I though Alfie Jones actually summed up a Premiership Academy player tonight.

Clearly has ability but he doesn’t do the basics like clearing your lines because they are taught to try and do something with the ball and play in an environment where mistakes are accepted as it is all about their development.

Well at this level it is all about points and winning your battles, it’s not his fault but first team football at the lower end of the league is not a place for lads like him.

That was awful

Said on Twitter that I was concerned about McGinn and Flynn in the middle. Turns out it was only one of the many issues. Flynn is a pretender at this level, constantly hiding, not looking for the ball and when he gets it he just passes the buck. I wouldn’t pick him again.

I actually am starting to hope S McGinn is carrying an injury, if not he is nowhere near up to it as this level.

Edwards is limited but at least gives us some graft.

Don’t think I can remember a team since Gretna who have looked so out of their depth in this league.

Oh my god that was brutal. Absolutely bullied all over the park. Not a chink of light anywhere. Wee lost boys without a clue. Grim stuff and can't see anything other than another roasting on Saturday. I want to give OK time but I'm perplexed as to what he is doing. Stubbs made a pigs ear of it and the guy has to work with a shambolic squad but there has been moments of coherence at times and then the formation tombola comes out again. I'd start by trying to find a settled way of making us harder to walk through for starters. As for shelling it up to our micro sized forward line, just why?

5 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

That was awful

Said on Twitter that I was concerned about McGinn and Flynn in the middle. Turns out it was only one of the many issues. Flynn is a pretender at this level, constantly hiding, not looking for the ball and when he gets it he just passes the buck. I wouldn’t pick him again.

I actually am starting to hope S McGinn is carrying an injury, if not he is nowhere near up to it as this level.

Edwards is limited but at least gives us some graft.

Don’t think I can remember a team since Gretna who have looked so out of their depth in this league.

Edwards is a  terrible football player..

7 minutes ago, John Gotti said:

I though Alfie Jones actually summed up a Premiership Academy player tonight.

Clearly has ability but he doesn’t do the basics like clearing your lines because they are taught to try and do something with the ball and play in an environment where mistakes are accepted as it is all about their development.

Well at this level it is all about points and winning your battles, it’s not his fault but first team football at the lower end of the league is not a place for lads like him.

Clearly he has ability or he wouldn’t be on the books of what is essentially the best Academy in England, however, he has no positional sense, and will be feeling considerable pressure so just seems to hoof the ball away anywhere as soon as it reaches him.

Reminds me very much of Paul Dummett when he arrived, unfortunately he doesn’t have a squad of decent SPFL players around him like Dummett did.

9 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

That was awful

I honestly didn't realise he was playing until he got the red card!

Due to work commitments wasn't at game tonight, sounds like another dire performance. The whole sorry mess lies fairly and squarely at the feet of Messrs Scott and Fitzpatrick.  God only knows what interview techniques or background checks they do on potential managerial candidates but they sure as hell can pick them. Oran Mor (as i call him) is clearly way out of his depth at this level and  bringing in yet another coach in Jimmy Nicholl is unlikely to solve our problems. Far too many below par players who are not SPL standard are the route cause of our poor run of form and the manager has no idea how to grind out results even with his limited resources. Gus back as manager ???  if so i'm off to the cinema as he so nicely advised the fans.  Oran Mor makes John Coughlin  look like Pep  Guardiola.

3 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Alarmingly, only really S McGinn and possibly Smith looked as if they cared. We don’t stand a hope in hell if we juke out of 50/50s and fail to close down players.

There wasn't a St Mirren player out there tonight that gave his all.They all need to have a good look at themselves.

For all the concern about leaking goals at the back or the lack of anything up front - it’s the midfield I’m worried most about. 

They are overrun, outfought and outplayed every game. They’re simply nowhere near good enough.

If we had a midfield that could compete then I don’t think our personnel at the back and up front would be left looking so bad. 

1 minute ago, HSS said:

There wasn't a St Mirren player out there tonight that gave his all.They all need to have a good look at themselves.

I have no doubt some of the players will have tried their hardest, unfortunately some of them at 120% are still way short of the standards required.

2 minutes ago, Maboza said:

For all the concern about leaking goals at the back or the lack of anything up front - it’s the midfield I’m worried most about. 

They are overrun, outfought and outplayed every game. They’re simply nowhere near good enough.

If we had a midfield that could compete then I don’t think our personnel at the back and up front would be left looking so bad. 

The whole teams a f##kin shambles and is getting worse by the game.. 

7 minutes ago, Maboza said:

That's it in a nutshell

33 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Yep, he tries but he lacks quality.

That Ryan Edwards was by far and away my man of the match tonight for at least trying, says it all really.

It doesn't change the fact that he is an absolutely chronic footballer.

I promise you this, there aren't many in that starting XI tonight who'd survive the January cull. Ferdinand would...the other two new guys haven't had much of a chance to settle in so may get a stay of execution (though that is likely out of our hands) and Willock is decent in his position....after that though? It's open season for me. Every one of then is  and should be replaceable.

Alarmingly, only really S McGinn and possibly Smith looked as if they cared. We don’t stand a hope in hell if we juke out of 50/50s and fail to close down players.
S McGinn looked as if he cared?
Really?

I love him and will forever be grateful that he saved us from relegation to division one...

But he has been dreadful this season, was shocking tonight, and his body language is dreadful.

If he is a leader then no wonder we are struggling as he is leading us in the wrong direction with his on field huffs and hissy fits.

Go on Stephen... Step up to the plate and make me eat my words...

Be the player you can be...

Not the Halloween ghost dressed up as a player that I saw tonight!

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

McGinn didn't look like he gave a toss. Smith probably deserved to get hooked but not more so than someone like Flynn who was the most convincing ghost I've seen all halloween.