St Mirren v Motherwell Wed 31st Oct

faraway saint

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

McGinn didn't look like he gave a toss. Smith probably deserved to get hooked but not more so than someone like Flynn who was the most convincing ghost I've seen all halloween.

Injured. 

The fecking excuses he's been given this season is embarrassing. 

Captain fantastic.....................

We have so many players that are woefully short of the standard required to even compete in the bottom 3 in this division. The Board need to take some of that responsibility for sanctioning the signings of a number of complete charlatans. The tell tale sign is thinking how many of our team would get a game for anyone else in this league. Ferdinand? Maybe. Smith? Probably. Hamill? Inconclusive. Mullen? Doubt it.

One things for sure we do need a Jack Ross esque January window. P McGinn, Hodson, Jones, Flynn, Edwards et al can get to f**k.

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

McGinn didn't look like he gave a toss. Smith probably deserved to get hooked but not more so than someone like Flynn who was the most convincing ghost I've seen all halloween.

Okay...

I think it’s a fairly safe bet he ‘gives a toss’. Catch a grip of yourself, nobody is playing particularly well - Ferdinand played in the Premier League for years, Hodson, Flynn, Hammill and Jackson are all experienced at a Championship level, Smith was our POTY last year, Jones is the captain of England’s finest Academy... Matty Willock is on Man Utd’s books FFS!

They should all be playing well but they’re not, a decent formation and being instructed to keep the ball on the deck would give them half a chance.

First half I thought we where going to have  good go, considering we’re at home under the lights, but it was evident early on that it was going to be a long night. Too many players not too bothered, chances to push forward but keep passing it back. Ryan Edwards is not a footballer, can run all day long but with the ball at his feet he is useless. You had thought him and Hamill had only just met eachother for the first time tonight, so many times they could have linked up well, bit of overlapping but Edwards would just turn and pass it back. I just don’t understand what the tactics or the game plan was tonight.

We. Are. Doomed.

Guest TPAFKATS
Injured. 
The fecking excuses he's been given this season is embarrassing. 
Captain fantastic.....................
Only 1 excuse not excuses and that is he's carrying an injury.
I don't know if it's true, but
I've heard it 2 or 3 times including from our ex chairman.

Okay...
I think it’s a fairly safe bet he ‘gives a toss’. Catch a grip of yourself, nobody is playing particularly well - Ferdinand played in the Premier League for years, Hodson, Flynn, Hammill and Jackson are all experienced at a Championship level, Smith was our POTY last year, Jones is the captain of England’s finest Academy... Matty Willock is on Man Utd’s books FFS!
They should all be playing well but they’re not, a decent formation and being instructed to keep the ball on the deck would give them half a chance.

Djemba djemba, mo camara,Callum ball and Adam drury to name a few.

Just because they played at a certain level or who they are with doesn’t mean they are good enough.

It really is sad to see what has happened to our club after the joy of the season and a half before this one. You can blame individual players, you can moan about the lack of effort, question tactics or formations but the bottom line is we do not have ONE player of SPL quality. No quality, no heart, no leaders, no height, no fight. This team would struggle in the Championship and if anyone thinks anything is going to change soon they are deluded. Hurts me to say but we have become a laughing stock. It's embarrassing to watch to be honest.

Motherwell are awful. And much better than us. Our only hope this season now is that Dundee stay shite.
Where do you start with that?
Outfought outthought out of our depth. Midfield were a disgrace. McGinn needs dropping. But for who? No desire. No energy. No leadership. Edwards is so negative. Flynn hopefully won't play for us again. Strikers were isolated. As a 'football playing team' we can't do it. Defence all at sea. Bad game from Samson. 3 points from Sevco please.

5 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Djemba djemba, mo camara,Callum ball and Adam drury to name a few.

Just because they played at a certain level or who they are with doesn’t mean they are good enough.

Correct it doesn’t, but you don’t play most of your career at a decent level if you don’t have it.

Surely nobody is denying Ferdinand or Hammill’s quality?

I don’t believe for a minute coaches at Man Utd would have Willock kicking about if he wasn’t half decent. Likewise with Jones at Southampton.

With regards to Flynn and McGinn I trust JR’s assessment of players over some numpties in our fanbase, Flynn was signed specifically for the Prem FFS. 

Our team are playing with no confidence and well within themselves... there is an imbalance to the squad there is no doubt, but we shouldn’t look as poor as we do.

Oh my Lord. How bad was that. 

Players who deserve special mention for exceptional honkingness have to be Craig Samson, Stephen McGinn, Ryan Flynn, Cammy Smith, Ryan Edwards, Adam Hammill. The rest were completely unremarkable at best. 

The only tiny microscopic chunk of blue sky was Willock when he came on but I’m really clutching at straws. 

Anyone saying Flynn’s tackle wasn’t a red needs to see it on telly. It was a totally premeditated, petulant hack at a player who had the timerity to beat him. A straight red every day.  Normally I’d be raging with a player for letting his teammates down like that, but given that Flynn is worse than a man short, I’ll let him off as we were marginally better with 10 men. 

Ferdinand had a look of “how did I end up at this shower of shite?”.

I don’t think the shiteness of Dundee is even a factor because (based on this team) it doesn’t matter if we finish second bottom, whoever we play in the play off, will scud us anyway. This mob wouldn’t even compete in the Championship. 

The way it’s shaping up the mission in January will simply be to sign sufficiently decent players to keep us above Dundee and to make us better than whoever we play in the play off. I think by January anything other than an 11th or 12th place will be impossible.  

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Absolutely atrocious tonight once again.  I don't think any player gets pass marks to be honest, collectively they were all dreadful. I appreciate that Oran has taken over a team that severely lacks quality at this level, but tactically we are all over the place. Every time we get the ball in an even remotely attacking area there is a look on all the players faces like 'what do we do now?' We have absolutely no idea what we are doing going forward, and at the back, well that speaks for itself. Every single time we have a goal kick, free kick or a ball played out from the back it is being played long up to Jackson who, if i'm not mistaken, is our smallest player on the park. Can the players and manager not see that this guy has not and is not going to win any headers from long balls, yet continuously time and time, game after game that seems to be our only tactic going forward. I genuinely wonder and would like to know what we do all week during training, cause game after game absolutely nothing changes, the players still look clueless, we are completely devoid of any tactics, and despite that we know that come Saturday they are gonna play the exact same way as we did tonight as we did against St Johnstone and Aberdeen and Hamilton and...etc. 

2 hours ago, eastlandssaint said:

Can’t argue with his last comment. It is a mans league and the sooner the snowflakes in our team are replaced, the better.  They wanted Stubbs sacked and that quite rightly happened but instead of stepping up they have hidden. Let’s be honest, Goodie would have bodied McGinn all day long and that alone is not good enough.

We won’t save our season in January but the very least we can do is bring in some physically and mentally strong players who have professional pride and actually give a f**k. Too many of this lot accept defeat and that level of weak minded individual is not good enough.

St Mirren manager Oran Kearney: "There's certain things you can ask for and things you can try and get but I think in areas of the pitch we just lacked quality and that's probably the harshest part of it all.

"Fans will go away from that tonight and say that's as poor a performance as we've had but actually I think our players were braver tonight."

12 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

Not sure what to say about last night's Halloween horror show most on here have already mentioned it. Time for some major decisions to be made by OK, Saturday is all about trying to save face.

5-4-1 and shitfest a draw on Saturday. Build some confidence from there.

7 minutes ago, linwood-bud said:

When the senior players are consistently poor, you throw in the young boys.

Erahon and McPherson at centre midfield on Saturday please

What's happened to Sam Jamieson ? Came on as a sub against Hibs and looked decent , and then not to be seen again. 

Far too many currently taking a wage for doing very little on the pitch.